Fix my dps, Help our Windwalker Monk

We are working on heroic Garrosh and we are trying to get our raids dps up. I think it would be more beneficial for the monk community to look over logs rather than myself. If anyone has a chance to go through logs would you mind looking through and see what can be improved? Monk's name is Rhowa and armory is here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rhowa/advanced

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true Best attempt on Garrosh, there is also a normal garrosh kill in the log if you would rather look at a kill.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Don't have a lot of time right now, but after a quick look I did see a few things:

-Tiger Power fell off a few times

-Should have had a bit more RSKs, had 35 but should have had closer to (7.5*60)/8 ~= 56. Because of the mechanics, you won't get 56, but should be more than 35.

-Renataki's Soul Charm is not very good, I assume that he has a better trink? I hope so at least. Haroms and TED are optimal. AoC is another option.

-Some of the gemming is off. Check the WW guild at the top of this page, but he should always have agi in his gems slots. Crit/Hit green gems are not optimal.

-Haste is a little low. Most heroic geared WW's are running about 13.5k haste - I would consider 10k the absolute min for H Garrosh, depending on the trinkets you have.

Overall, not too bad. Others can give you some more indepth advice, but you can start with this.

Gearing isn't optimal, but it's close.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...b-33187dad8ffb
    The soul charm is a bad trinket. Any agility trinket from this tier of raiding should be an upgrade.

Advanced combat logging was disabled. Without that, we can't analyze chi or energy generation. That information is crucial in determining areas for improvement. Did the monk waste chi, waste energy, or both? We can't know without advanced combat logging. What can be said is that a lot of RSKs were missed. Actually, a lot is an understatement. He missed a full 40% of his RSKs. RSK is supposed to be used on CD. It's priority one for WWs. Missing more than a few is bad. Missing nearly half explains a lot of the problem.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-09-22 at 03:36 AM.

Is this an accurate armory? I'm really confused. Barely any heroic gear and No heroic weapons is the main issue. I don't see LMG. The tot trinket is worthless after the proc nerf. How do you expect the WW to even be competitive or even viable for H garrosh? There's a few mistakes and stuff which happens (missing the rsk's shouldn't happen), but its a gear issue first and foremost. Id be more worried about the the dps below the WW.
    Last edited by vocab; 2014-09-22 at 07:33 AM.

Are you guys even looking at the logs? All of his attempts have TeD/AoC equipped. The biggest issue I'm seeing (outside of dying every 2nd attempt) is that his damage splits are completely off. Hard to say without seeing his energy expenditure but this suggests to me that he's not maximizing his APM or he's simply energy starved with only 8k haste. It's probably a combination of both. It's hard to give an estimate for where his damage should be because I don't know what his gear looks like given the trinket swapping. Easiest fix would be to bump up his haste instead of mastery. (maybe this is a BrM oriented reforge?)

My guess for her gear is it's for challenge modes, I'll try to get her to log out in raid gear. I'll see if I can't get something with advanced logging. Thanks for the input so far, I really do appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the new log with advanced logging. It's lfr and there are 2 stacks of that buff, but any analysis on energy/chi and ability usage would be very helpful. Monk is Rhowa, and armory is updated to reflect current gear.

Energizing brew usage was good. 40% chi waste and poor energy management are evident. LFR is not a great indicator of how one would perform in heroic. Heroic logs with advanced combat logging would be far more helpful for both us and your monk.

My computer decided to die on me a couple days ago, so I'm not going to be able to go into much more depth until the replacement parts arrive. Hopefully someone else would be kind enough to do so in my place.

I did a DPS analysis a few months back that is fairly similar to the problem you monk is having. It's a bit lengthy, but it should shine some light on things:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...dps-HC-edition
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-09-23 at 08:00 AM.

Sorry for the lfr log, we don't have another heroic raid until wednesday, so this was the only thing I could get in the mean time. If you guys still want to help, I will get some heroic pulls with advanced logging then and drop them here so you can have something better to go off of.

Tonights logs on heroic garrosh with advanced logging turned on. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rCAfKPLxv9JWNabp
    And thanks antoinemonk, I didn't get to say that before you logged off.

Assuming your best pull, Wipe 14:

Fight length of longest pull 7:47. Active time was 74.18%

346.4206 s is the time your WW was on Garrosh. They should have roughly ~43 RSK casts. Your monk had 33. Not bad, but could be closer.

252 raw chi gained, wasted 50, so about ~20% wasted. Need to work on that.

TP Uptime is only 77%. Definitely need to work on that.

Energy usage looked fine.

Overall the WW looks good IMHO for progression garrosh. More practice with timings and stuff and he/she will get better. (Hopefully)

However....

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...t=17&target=90

Now I haven't seen the gear of your other players BUT assuming you're all relatively geared:

Destro locks near the bottom is unacceptable, even if they are helping on engineers. How is the balance druid below the kite tank?

Please don't make the mistake of looking at overall damage to judge your WW's performance. Always look at boss damage done unless you guys somehow are screwing up killing adds in P1? There's so much padding that happens in P1 that screws up Garrosh log performance. I could have your WW monk just take SEF/RJW and he'd top meters all day every day if we were into padding.
    Last edited by heyitsqi; 2014-09-25 at 10:18 PM.