Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys!
    92lvl Druid with Leatherworkging\Enchanting here.

Currently i have LvL2 Garrison with:
    L: Barracks
    M: Inn
    S: ES and Tannery

Im planning to go mostly PvP and 10-m raids.
    My goal is to gear up fast for PvP\PvE and i have no plans on leveling Alts, maybe just boost one.
    Is is a good decision to level Inn and then reset or just swap it to LM\Barn would be better choice at start?
    Keep Barracks or swap it to Bunker? Or lvl it then swap?
    When to build up Sanctum?
    What 3rd small building to choose? Engineering works or SY?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    I seem to be getting a very small amount of missions after leveling all my followers to lvl 100. It almost feels like I'm getting the same amount of lvl 100 missions as before, and not getting anything to replace the 95-99 missions. Getting a lot less salvage because of it.
    It may also be that there's a cap on the number of new missions that appear in a certain amount of time. Given the level of your followers I'm guessing you're keeping on top of missions and starting new ones as soon as they finish. I have been and I'm getting the same diminished number of available missions on my main in comparison to my alts.

There's also the fact that 100 missions on average require more followers and thus less are needed to get everybody out working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but I know having a level 100 follower assigned to a building has a 100% yield increase vs. 50% for 99 and under, but does having that 100 as a rare or epic provide any more benefit? Or is it fine just having an uncommon green one working there?
    Quality doesn't do anything. Level is all that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NickelSkip View Post
    For example I got my hunt who has Alchemy/LeatherWorking.
    Personal call, do what you need the most. Always

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    I've gotten 5 Goredrenched Armor Set should I just apply them to any of my 100s that aren't leveled to make the most of them?
    Apply them to you 100s who are epic or rare, putting it on a non 100 wastes it as ilvl does almost nothing till 100.
    And GZ :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wishr View Post
    My goal is to gear up fast for PvP\PvE and i have no plans on leveling Alts, maybe just boost one.
    Is is a good decision to level Inn and then reset or just swap it to LM\Barn would be better choice at start?
    Keep Barracks or swap it to Bunker? Or lvl it then swap?
    When to build up Sanctum?
    What 3rd small building to choose? Engineering works or SY?
    - casual raiding without alts
    - Inn is ok if you can get it to lvl 2 right away, today since it's reset..... otherwise it's worthless, get your profession followers and throw it to garbage
    - keep racks
    - at 100, once you start spamming ashran
    - SY

This is sort of an interesting thing you can do for a nominal amount of GR:

On a mon Night [US servers], switch out a L1/L2 LM for a L2 Inn, get your epic Millhouse follower + headhunter follower for that week. Also do the dungeon quest for the vanity stuff. On Tuesday, get your new follower and new dungeon quest. Afterwards, switch back to LM for the next 13 days. Can even be a L1 LM, but might want to rebuild it to L2 to assign the Evergreen follower for the GR bonus.

Personally this was a huge help to get 3 followers for free. I went with a 2nd Scavenger and a Combat Experience today because it's probably the best all-around trait, though a 3rd Scavenger was tempting. Note that to get Millhouse you have to do the trick with the switching plots everyone knows about [even in the Wowhead comments]. Switch plots until he spawns. Or alternatively, visit friends garrisons with Inns, something I don't foresee Blizzard changing.

I'm not sure if Combat Experience is the best all-around, but it sure seems like it. Amazing trait that only one non-Inn follower has [Blook]. I also like High Stamina/Burst of Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    - casual raiding without alts
    - Inn is ok if you can get it to lvl 2 right away, today since it's reset..... otherwise it's worthless, get your profession followers and throw it to garbage
    - keep racks
    - at 100, once you start spamming ashran
    - SY
    Thanks a lot!
    What about reset? Does it saves current progress today?
    Is Barn worthless for LW?
    Last edited by wishr; 2014-11-25 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wishr View Post
    What about reset? Does it saves current progress today?
    Is Barn worthless for LW?
    - on reset day so you get a follower night before reset, and one in the morning after
    - no it's quite good

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Note that to get Millhouse you have to do the trick with the switching plots everyone knows about [even in the Wowhead comments]. Switch plots until he spawns. Or alternatively, visit friends garrisons with Inns, something I don't foresee Blizzard changing.
    What is it so special about Millhouse, that everyone should get him? Apart from being lvl100 Epic Follorwer and a funny guy to have around? Do I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I'm not sure if Combat Experience is the best all-around, but it sure seems like it. Amazing trait that only one non-Inn follower has [Blook]. I also like High Stamina/Burst of Power.
    Epic Mount is also pretty huge (reduce mission duration by 50%). Especially if you get 2, since they stack, so you can reduce 10hr missions to 2.5.
    Last edited by StPaul; 2014-11-25 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post
    What is it so special about Millhouse, that everyone should get him? Apart from being lvl100 Epic Follorwer and a funny guy to have around? Do I miss something?
    Epic 100 follower. You need nothing else rly. And he is easy to get.

Deleted
    Do missions dissapear after a while if you don't do them ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelSkip View Post
    Do missions dissapear after a while if you don't do them ?
    Rare ones do, normal not.

Just noticed Combat Experience isn't a trait you can headhunt for, oh well. Did seem a bit OP.

Love this thread, quick question...I have a crafted darkmoon trinket, can I upgrade it via my garrison building or do I need the prof to learn technique: inferno tarot? Right now I have a level 2 scribe garrison building but the technique isn't available on the list of stuff I can craft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Love this thread, quick question...I have a crafted darkmoon trinket, can I upgrade it via my garrison building or do I need the prof to learn technique: inferno tarot? Right now I have a level 2 scribe garrison building but the technique isn't available on the list of stuff I can craft.
    You need scribe to make the ''upgrade'' items.
    But they are also BoE so try AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    You need scribe to make the ''upgrade'' items.
    But they are also BoE so try AH.
    Thanks, appreciated!

This is a great guide but I do have an important question please any help would be great its time sensitive please help.

What is the minimum ilvl for a follower to contribute to the missions at 615/630/645. Followers below a certain ilvl are completely red and dont contribute at all. Any information on the range would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I have a highmaul raid up however not enough ability counters. I have a couple or armor and weapon enhancements that I could use on one of my ilvl 630 followers but how high does he need to be? I dont want to waste them and I am afraid the mission will be gone soon.

Please help me out I really want the best chance at this. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panda1100 View Post
    Please help me out I really want the best chance at this. Thanks
    They need to be at or above the missions ilvl. Even 1 ilvl under will not contribute. So...
    615=615
    630=630
    645=645

Deleted
    I have 10 alts but very little energy to take them into Draenor to set up garrisons (my main has so much to do). Perhaps the main motivation for taking them in is to get savage blood that my main will need for crafting. If that's my priority, would I be better making the barn their first medium building rather than the lumber mill?

From the guide, it sounds like TP is better than LM for alts anyway.

Does alchemy lab have any real use for alchemists? we already get enough catalysts from the daily cd, not sure if lab is worth it over something like scribes for example
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    Does alchemy lab have any real use for alchemists? we already get enough catalysts from the daily cd, not sure if lab is worth it over something like scribes for example
    10 catalyst a day. Not so much

What happens to existing WOs at a building if I replace it?

E.g. my TP has 9 WOs in progress. I want to replace it with the Inn, what happens to those 9 WOs?