Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Ah, I mistook you for a Progressive. Bad analogy then.
    Having caught the whole exchange there, could you point to bits of the world that are US overseas territories? Allies, (even one's that are essentially protectorates) yes, but an empire requires people actually understanding they are ruled by you.

Protectorates wise (countries who would fall without your backing so are assumed to be more or less under your control) you have Israel and South Korea. Both are pretty small countries on a global scale. I don't see where this "empire" idea is spawned from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    How do China deal with terrorists? How are they tackling the rise of religious extremism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    How do China deal with terrorists? How are they tackling the rise of religious extremism?
    Like this more or less http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/26/op...hurs.html?_r=0 not that they are what we would consider extremists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    They aren't really at China's doorstep right now. Which is ironic since they are somewhat close to the middle-east, birthplace of so much religion. Give it a century though, I'm sure extremist will find a way to blame China for all their woes.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-09-28 at 07:00 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I'd love for the US to just use its money wiser improving the infrastructure instead of fucking around in the middle east
    Well, like it or not, that's the way to do waht you want them to do.

Sad but true, oil still rules...

According to my Chinese house mate: china is too big and has too many internal issues that they can't be bothered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    They aren't really at China's doorstep right now. Which is ironic since they are somewhat close to the middle-east, birthplace of Abrahamic religion. Give it a century though, I'm sure extremist will find a way to blame China for all their woes.
    the question was about china and terrorism...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...50-in-xinjiang
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/03/world/...terror-attack/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0HH10J20140922

If one pays attention.... China has big problems in that resort.... They are just not whining and bitching like a little girl.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    China is probably the best among the Brics, it's experiencing a booming economy, it's tech advancement is top notch, it's military power is advancing at steady peace and last it's industrial backbone is probably the stronger in the world, yet one thing they lack is international involvement; one would think that an emerging economical superpower like this would dirt it's hands way more to affirm it's status among the international community and to establish a strong sphere of influence yet they keep ignoring the rest of the world outside the economical and industrial matter.
    Anyone else is bothered by China silence in international political matter?

China doesn't have the power, the economy or the political motivation or interest to get involved in something like the Middle-East, beacuse it's so far removed from them. Most of the time they either don't care for it or directly oppose it. They prefer sticking their nose into business that's a lot closer to them, like the Philipines.
    China cares, it just doesn't have the time and resources to act. China is huge and growing. They've got enough with trying to keep themselves together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    the question was about china and terrorism...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...50-in-xinjiang
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/03/world/...terror-attack/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0HH10J20140922

If one pays attention.... China has big problems in that resort.... They are just not whining and bitching like a little girl.
    No they just kill people on their home turf, that way, no-one cares about it happening.

Kill people somewhere else? Everyone gets upset.
    Kill your own people? No-one cares, as long as you have enough money to be interesting enough to ignore.

reading this news https://news.yahoo.com/why-china-sta...131949876.html it seem that they aren't stay out because they don't have any interest in the region, it's more about distrusting the usa and not having any projection capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Kill people somewhere else? Everyone gets upset.
    Kill your own people? No-one cares, as long as you have enough money to be interesting enough to ignore.

Deleted
    reading this news https://news.yahoo.com/why-china-sta...131949876.html it seem that they aren't stay out because they don't have any interest in the region, it's more about distrusting the usa and not having any projection capabilities.
    Well... why would China get involved in dodgy wars of destabilization?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I dunno, should ask them about the Korean War and why they prop up the regime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I dunno, should ask them about the Korean War and why they prop up the regime.
    At least that's on their border. And that's decades ago. What would the China of today gain from joining up in the middle east?

Those goalposts in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    well China is blaming the west for destabilizing iraq and libya by directly messing with Saddam first and Ghedafi next and as everyone know they are firmly against removing assad from syria (and personally i think they are right); on the other hand China is the major investor in Iraq economy (surprise more than the usa and europe) and obama in an interview joked about it :

“They have been free riders for the last 30 years and it’s worked really well for them,” Obama said in an interview with the New York Times. “And I’ve joked sometimes, when my inbox starts stacking up. I said, ‘Can’t we be a little bit more like China?’ Nobody ever seems to expect them to do anything when this stuff comes up.”
    what i see is, china let others do the dirty work and then come afterward and claim part of the reward (the big one in that case) in this case USA indirectly are fighting to protect china assets and investment more than their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    well China is blaming the west for destabilizing iraq and libya by directly messing with Saddam first and Ghedafi next and as everyone know they are firmly against removing assad from syria (and personally i think they are right); on the other hand China is the major investor in Iraq economy (surprise more than the usa and europe) and obama in an interview joked about it :

what i see is, china let others do the dirty work and then come afterward and claim part of the reward (the big one in that case) in this case USA indirectly are fighting to protect china assets and investment more than their own.
    They have the cash. It's pretty normal they invest in there if there are possibilities.