[WOD] Moonfire using healing animation?

In WOD/PTR Druids seem to be using Moonfire/Sunfire using the healing animation. I know its minor, but it sorta bothers me. Not only does it look a bit goofy, the instant damage spell animation for night elf is way better than the goofy healing one lol.

I wonder if this is intended?

Well, from a "roleplay" point of view it makes sense that you lift your hands to call upon the astral energies to shoot a fiery beam of nocturne light to strike your foes. Plus it looks awesome if you're a male tauren (imo)

Yeah but... the Night elf's instant DPS animation is so good. I was looking forward to it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Yeah but... the Night elf's instant DPS animation is so good. I was looking forward to it lol.
    Indeed, this is saddening news, it looked very nice the way it was. Oh well, im sure we will get used to it.

I, personally, welcome the change. I think it's awesome looking. To each his own, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    I, personally, welcome the change. I think it's awesome looking. To each his own, I suppose.
    I feel like it will vary depending of the race and how much you like the casting animation of your race. ..I feel bad for worgens