Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it impossible to get the good maps with GRifts?

Is it just me or is it 100% impossible to get the good maps in Greater Rifts? I have never gotten Blood Swamp, Grave Yard, or Battlefields of Eternity once. You know the maps where you are tripping over mobs and pull elites 3-4 or even 6 at a time. Did they think that it would be bad to have good maps in the pool for GRifts or something?

Ya those aren't possible GR maps. Probably cuz too easy? who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Ya those aren't possible GR maps. Probably cuz too easy? who knows
    Those are not possible at all? Haha and I thought I was unlucky. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    What they really should do is to disable certain mob types from spawning (or spawn them less frequently) for certain classes.

In particular, the Mallet Lord pool, and the Imp + Executioner pool, where the level is filled with useless imps and tanky executioners (usually in a extra health elite / champion pack)

I've gotten some good GRift maps before, the problem s that they're often empty, or close to it. I think there was a thread about GRifts no longer having those act 3 keep maps and stuff since you might take a wrong turn and waste time just because of that, not sure if they're planning on actually disabling certain maps or making them more liniar or w/e. That said, mob types>map imo, I'd rather get bad map over maps with act 5 mobs etc, granted that recent changes to some mobs do help alot.

expect giant changes for GRifts before next season

Mob type matters more than maps.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

If they can just make Winged Assassins not a thing, I'd be really happy.

Or you know you could actually fix grift density instead of having maps where you run for 20 sec to find only 3 trash mobs and then another 20 to find maybe 5 more. Some maps have so bad density it ain't funny anymore and then there are others that have so much that you breeze through them in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    expect giant changes for GRifts for the next season
    Fixed it for you. I can hardly imagine they will interfere with the running season.

Mob type > Map type.
    Once had a map with 80% executioner's only.
    perma leaping monkeys weighing 200 tons!! in my face is no fun

is it possible to get maps with things besides Reapers, Corrupted Angels, Death Maidens, Morlu Incinerators? Every single map is pretty much 99% full of the most ridiculous mobs from acts 4 and 5. Im not talking most of my Rifts are those mobs. I mean every single one. Im not even that high. Just did a 25 and it was all Winged Assassins, Death Maidens, and Corrupted Angels. Doing a 31 now and its the same thing. Its just retarded. Winged Assassins should not be allowed to have fast + jailer.

Why the hell cant I get GRifts full of skeletons and cultists?
    Last edited by tiffy33; 2014-09-28 at 02:35 PM.

I have had a few times huge grift levels filled entirely with act1 zombies. The easiest grift clears ever.

I personally like most stuff like act5 graveyard style levels. That type of map always seems to be filled with mobs. Huge amounts of mobs. Only times I dont like them is when just at the entrance there are 3-4 elite/champion packs waiting. :/

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    is it possible to get maps with things besides Reapers, Corrupted Angels, Death Maidens, Morlu Incinerators? Every single map is pretty much 99% full of the most ridiculous mobs from acts 4 and 5. Im not talking most of my Rifts are those mobs. I mean every single one. Im not even that high. Just did a 25 and it was all Winged Assassins, Death Maidens, and Corrupted Angels. Doing a 31 now and its the same thing. Its just retarded. Winged Assassins should not be allowed to have fast + jailer.

Why the hell cant I get GRifts full of skeletons and cultists?
    higher greater rift have nothing to do with what mobs you get. Dont know how many GR you did, but seems like you been either very very unlucky or overreacting. i am having quite a few GR with zombie, skellys and stuff like that, but also having a good among of tough once

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems the higher the grift I get on my DH, the more I get mobs that jump and charge. A group of jumpers(can't remember what they're called)can 2 shot me, 1 hit makes my passive go off, 2 hit dead. I can only vault so much to avoid them before I'm out of discipline lol
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the maps so much the mob type difference. At least they got rid of rock worms, jesus christ.

I'd rather they have consistency in the greater rifts more than anything. Picking a mob type from each act would probably be a bit more consistent way of doing things. Everybody knows that doing a rift at say 32 with nothing but A5/A4 mobs is harder than doing a 34 or 35 with nothing but zombies and skeletal archers. Some variance is absolutely fine, but when it swings that badly it's nothing but frustrating.

I do wish the map pool was larger though, I find most of mine are the long narrow cave maps that just go on forever. The kind that takes 3-4 minutes to walk from one end to the other and you're clenching your butt cheeks hoping to fuck you don't die once because you will automatically lose. Sometimes you get small rifts with an early exit which allows you to die without too much punishment, other times you get giant rifts where if you die once you basically lose.

The only mob type I really hate right now aren't actually the 'hard' ones, but the easy ones. Finding a rift level with a few scattered fat dudes who explode while billions of imps scattered everywhere is really frustrating. It's an easy way to be ahead by a couple minutes to breaking even or falling behind. The imps aren't in big enough packs to AoE down, they are everywhere and they can still hit you for a lot when you do finally manage to find an elite pack in those god forsaken rifts. Worst is it takes like 50 of them to make 1% progress, lol.

I had this discusson on Diablofans too, and apparently it attracted a lot of hatred towards my person.

Upon reaching certain lveles, mob types begin to be the most important factor - huge packs of zombie/skeletons, maybe some added summoner are just what you need to complete the Rift in time. Higher levels boost so much mobs HP that some of them just become ineffective towards your progress (too much time spent killing) so many times it's just better to skip them (like extra heath elite packs).
    Also, mob types is directly connected to mob density - usually hardest mobs come in lower numbers, but this only makes big packs of smaller mobs more efficient for progressing. No wonder people fighting for #1 farms for the right GR to get an actual chance of beating it.

The issue is present at any level: the right mobs composition makes your run smoother and faster by a great amount sometimes; the fact is that lower levels are beaten by upgrading your gear, gems and using an efficient build, while in higher levels you have already done that

I expect a lot of changes towards this, but not before season 1 ends (it would just screw leaderboards).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulor View Post
    What they really should do is to disable certain mob types from spawning (or spawn them less frequently) for certain classes.

In particular, the Mallet Lord pool, and the Imp + Executioner pool, where the level is filled with useless imps and tanky executioners (usually in a extra health elite / champion pack)
    Why Mallet Lords? They're amazing. Give about 1% progress and are never any harm. Worst case you can drag them with you to another pack or pull another pack to it.

I'm almost certain someone at Blizzard hates me. I keep getting the rapetrain (Winged Assassin, Corrupted Angels, An/Exarchs) basically every other GR I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vortex/Frozen/Jailer/ and 4th w/e mallet lords are my worst nightmare....gotten them a few times :/

Monk with Morlu jerks from a4, Mallet lords from a4, corrupted angels...hmm. Everything a4 and Anarchs from a5. Chargers WHY SO TERRIBLE