Quick-Casting / Smart-Casting

How are we 10 years into WoW and there is still no quick-casting? Why do I have to press a hotkey, wait a moment, and then click to cast one trap or targeted ground spell? It should just cast at my cursor upon hitting the hotkey.

This feature is completely standard in every MMO I've seen, yet WoW still doesn't have it. What gives?

You can make macros and use keybinds, how much easier do you want things to be?

Some people don't use any of that and still seem to enjoy the game just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    How are we 10 years into WoW and there is still no quick-casting? Why do I have to press a hotkey, wait a moment, and then click to cast one trap or targeted ground spell? It should just cast at my cursor upon hitting the hotkey.

This feature is completely standard in every MMO I've seen, yet WoW still doesn't have it. What gives?
    Because this isn't a moba and Blizzard is lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Because you can click the mouse and the mouse isn't used for much else besides that and looking around. This isn't a MOBA where the mouse is used for 100% of everything. I have never complained nor will I ever complain about the lack of quickcasting or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Because you can click the mouse and the mouse isn't used for much else besides that and looking around. This isn't a MOBA where the mouse is used for 100% of everything. I have never complained nor will I ever complain about the lack of quickcasting or whatever.
    That's not to say it wouldn't be a welcome addition, after all... the main barrier to good play is controls. Just ask any reformed clicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Because Blizzard is lazy.
    Trusay ^

Why do I have to press a hotkey, wait a moment
    You don't. Time your click right and you can have the cast go off at the same time as you press your hotkey.

That said I don't see why people should be forced use 3rd party software to quick-cast if they so desire. There's literally no downside to implementing a tickbox that'll allow quick-casting.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2014-09-28 at 06:29 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    When you press your key, your mouse should already be where you want it to land.

From pressing the ability to landing it on the ground takes less then half a second

Doesn't get more quick

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    When you press your key, your mouse should already be where you want it to land.

From pressing the ability to landing it on the ground takes less then half a second

Doesn't get more quick
    Except if you can remove that half-second... seriously, other games have done this for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except if you can remove that half-second... seriously, other games have done this for a reason.
    It doesn't even take half a second for me lol, but I don't see the reason why blizzard wouldn't add this into the game as it really doesn't hurt anything.