Is there a decent capture card that is under $100.

I am looking to start streaming Wii-U/Ps3/Ps4 and other consoles via my Twitch and I am looking for a decent capture card that is under $100.

I hear the Elgato Game Capture HD is the best but I rather not spend $140 after spending. I am just wanting to get my feet wet a bit and not spend a lot. I haven't been able to find anything decent under $100. So do any of you know of one that is. The cheaper the better as long as I can live stream in at lease 720p. Also I would perfer it being able to use HDMI and not the component cable but if need be I got one that will work with all systems besides the ps4.

Also if u can provide a video of the card u recommend ill take a look at it.

Ty for ur time. Also if it helps ill be using OBS as my broadcast program.

- - - Updated - - -

Even tho it dosen't use HDMI I was thinking of using http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-248400-G...s=game+capture

But I don't think it would let me live stream and its only in 460p. I'm trying to find out more about it but I kinda want better.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-09-28 at 06:46 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik most, if not all, capture cards come with software so you can view the gameplay on your pc. However, I highly doubt you'll find a good card that will do what you want for that cheap. I'd suggest saving up if you can't afford it right now, or spend the extra for the elgato or some other card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Afaik most, if not all, capture cards come with software so you can view the gameplay on your pc. However, I highly doubt you'll find a good card that will do what you want for that cheap. I'd suggest saving up if you can't afford it right now, or spend the extra for the elgato or some other card.
    Wish the elgato was under $100 lol. After shipping its cost me around $145 and thats why i got to pass on it atm.

I just want decent quilty video that lets me live stream to twitch. Dam a good card cost's a lot lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I picked up a Hauppauge HD PVR2 for $100 and love it.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    I picked up a Hauppauge HD PVR2 for $100 and love it.
    Just looked it up and it cost almost as much as the elgato. If I can't get one for under $100 ill save up for a elgato.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-09-28 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few elgato hc cards on eBay for around what you're looking to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    There are a few elgato hc cards on eBay for around what you're looking to spend.
    Ya just looked and they are like $95 each and used. Was wanting at lease $80 or less if its a used one. That or I searched wrong and didn't see the ones ur looking at :P

I mite have to just wait and save up sadly. You would think there would be a lot of capture cards on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You can afford $100 but not $140? Save up some extra cash over the next 2 weeks and spend the $140...
    Well was trying to get under $100 as much as I could. I just used it as a jumping off point. But ya money is tite atm I may just save up and get a elgato later.

Was mainly wondering what decent ones are under $100 and it seems like there is none or if there is I mite as well save $40 more and get a elgato.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Thx ill check it out.