Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Do you even know what proactive policing is? It's having a presence in your community and neighborhood, engaging with members of that community,having a police presence deters criminals. Now if that's wrong I have no words.
    That isn't the proactive policing being taught cut the shit.

Cops don't even want to be seen anymore. They want to hide wait for you to commit the crime and catch you instead of being visible so no crime is committed. More and more police cruisers are unmarked or all black with writing you can't even see. Police should be in cars I can easily recognize in case of emergency not parked down the block hiding waiting for someone to make a turn on red.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fact that you don't actually understand is amazing to me. Yeah. I'm actually out.

Good luck with your circlejerk about some nebulous group of people wanting all cops to die. Its such a problem.
    What are you trying to accomplish here if all you're gonna be is a condescending prick to anyone who responds to you? Yes, you absolutely have to be the better person and tough shit if you think otherwise.

You're a cop. that makes you a public figure and you better realize it. No, not everyone wants to kill cops and the people that do are shitty people. Basing your opinion around the fact that EVERYONE or a VAST MAJORITY of people want to kill cops, is just fucking stupid and you're not being honest with anyone here or yourself by doing so. If you actually think that then I'm not sure what to tell you.

One question I have for you: What are you or other cops doing to start holding yourselves more accountable? It's very evident that cops are above punishment in the vast majority of cases and that's incredibly upsetting to people, especially when people end of dead on the other side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    this is only in norway, in italy seeing a couple of policeman on patrol duty is pretty common, even checkpoints are common

did you see the one in the back with bulletproof armor and machine gun beretta m12?
    There's absolutely no context for that picture... For all we know, he could be armed like that because they're providing security for a VIP...or any number of unusual events...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There's absolutely no context for that picture... For all we know, he could be armed like that because they're providing security for a VIP...or any number of unusual events...
    nope this pretty much standard procedure for a checkpoint even inside Rome, the first guy check the id and the car documents with the small computer inside the police car, and the other still in the lookout just in case you pull some shit, if the computer report nothing then you are free to go but if something come up like you have been arrested for drug they can search the car or yourself or bring you to the station.
    Oh you don't stop they can fire at the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to first say I have respect for law enforcement and our local police here in Maine. I love seeing the good guys do a good job. And as always, thank you for service.

But I personally have had very bad experiences with police in the past. From having guns drawn on myself and my child while they pulled us over looking for a criminal at large, to outright being struck by a mag-lite in the chest for not opening my front door. No Warrant means No enter!

I watched as some teens were fighting and a cop drew his gun on one of them...can you imagine a simple fight and a GUN being brought out??? There was no weapons and no threats. As a owner of 4 Dobermans I don't feel the need for a gun for self defense but I worry greatly that a cop will shoot one of my dogs with no reason just because they would bark and because they are labeled a bad breed.

But I think things are going to change very soon. You see more and more people posting vids and exercising their rights when confronted with the police. This is good. Cops need to know they are not above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    But I think things are going to change very soon. You see more and more people posting vids and exercising their rights when confronted with the police. This is good. Cops need to know they are not above the law.
    People get called douchebags for doing that, but honestly, mandatory body-cameras for police seems like such an easy step in the right direction. Spend the money they might be spending on military-grade hardware on cameras instead...and maybe they won't need the military-grade hardware in the first place...

The thing is that YOU, the police officer, have chosen your profession knowing its risks. Because of that, it is not...ethical(?), to put your own safety above the people you are dealing with.

I find cops to be silly. Most of the time they're just running around giving people tickets for driving too fast. Money-makers for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think most cops are good guys just doing their job. But that does not make front page. "News at 10, Cop doing his job well!"
    That can be said about any profession, though, right? People doing the job that they're paid to do hardly ever makes the news (unless it's just one of those feel-good pieces at the end of the show).

Right, but thats just the point. If you keep showing the bad cops, people will start thinking all cops are bad, when in reality, most cops are good people, doing their best to protect the public.
    *shrug* Maybe the situation is different because being in law enforcement is one of those jobs with the real potential to negatively impact someone else's life. But as to the media's negative protrayal...well...you could say the same thing about black people and Muslims (for instance). Where are the stories about a Muslim guy going about his business in a public place without the intention of blowing it up or cutting someone's head off? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime...ured/16378357/

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime...uson/16369405/

Just tonight alone two officers were targeted. It sickens me to see so many people hate me based off of my profession. There are always people who do bad things, no matter who or what you are. Lately i've been seeing a lot of " fuck cops " and " i wish for cops to die " around here. You can have your opinions, but to wish me death because of the recent events is idiotic. I put my life on the line every day i wear my badge to protect my community and it's citizens. I try to do my job to the best of my ability, with as much care and compassion as can be put forth. But with the rising hatred sentiment towards all law officials, it's worry some.

We have to treat every incident as hostile, the moment i let my guard down is when i will be the next headline. Sorry, i have a wife and kids, i will not allow someone to take me from them. I also pulled you over for a reason, not because you were black, or hispanic, or a blonde with huge tits. More times than not, i have no idea your race/gender until i'm approaching your car. Being a tool during a traffic stop doesn't help anything. You more than likely broke the law, arguing with me is not going to make me not give you a ticket, calling me a racist pig certainly won't help.

To the people who wish me and my fellow officers all dead, what would you do when you need the police?
    Police officers killed ib the line of duty in 2012: 122 (lowest in a century)
    Citizens killed by police officers in the same year: 587

Exactly who's a threat to whom here?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You can't honestly think cops aren't in danger everyday though?
    Yes I do think they are in danger every day. It's a dangerous job. I'm not debating that and don't get me wrong, I know they aren't all bad. My issue however, is how they are handling that pressure and stress day to day. If they lack the ability to handle the job and what comes with it within their training, they shouldn't be cops. Every situation is different, sure. But a cop shouldn't be drawing his weapon let alone FIRING four times on an assumption.

Did the guy who went for a wallet deserve to be shot? I can't give a solid answer because not being in the cops shoes
    Well the man had no weapon so there's your solid answer. Hindsight, yes, but the cop, in the moment, acted out of pure fear and shot wildly; He's not fit to be a police officer plain and simple. When lives are on the line, officer/bystander/"suspect", you shouldn't be firing your weapon unless you are absolutely sure. Why? Because if you are wrong (like he was), innocent people get killed.

I don't know how I'd react to someone quickly ducking into their car to grab their wallet.
    If your answer is "pull out your gun and fire" please don't be a cop. Someone "quickly" ducking into their car isn't a crime that warrants the death penalty. Again, if this officer's incapable of handling the stress/pressure of the job, he shouldn't be on patrol.

Just curious, do you think cops should wait until an actual gun is pointing at them before reaching for their own?
    If it means a drop in unarmed/accidental deaths of innocent citizens, then yes. That's the only situation in which a cop SHOULD be pulling out his weapon. The officer shot FOUR times at this man. Moving quickly isn't justification when it turns out he was innocent.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2014-09-30 at 06:54 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Edgy? Nice. Was pretty obvious that a lot of you are like that on account of recent police behavior. Just don't wonder why the public is also edgy and willing to defend themselves against power hungry police fucktards. Not all police officers, but enough to warrant us being on guard anytime contact with an officer is made.
    Chances are higher that you will kill me than me killing you, ya know?
    The people just don't trust police at this point. Once you guys are held accountable for your actions, just then things might start to change.

More on the topic itself. There isn't some big problem with people wanting police to die. There are some, just like the police that want blacks, freedom fighters and homeless people to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime...ured/16378357/

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime...uson/16369405/

Just tonight alone two officers were targeted. It sickens me to see so many people hate me based off of my profession. There are always people who do bad things, no matter who or what you are. Lately i've been seeing a lot of " fuck cops " and " i wish for cops to die " around here. You can have your opinions, but to wish me death because of the recent events is idiotic. I put my life on the line every day i wear my badge to protect my community and it's citizens. I try to do my job to the best of my ability, with as much care and compassion as can be put forth. But with the rising hatred sentiment towards all law officials, it's worry some.

We have to treat every incident as hostile, the moment i let my guard down is when i will be the next headline. Sorry, i have a wife and kids, i will not allow someone to take me from them. I also pulled you over for a reason, not because you were black, or hispanic, or a blonde with huge tits. More times than not, i have no idea your race/gender until i'm approaching your car. Being a tool during a traffic stop doesn't help anything. You more than likely broke the law, arguing with me is not going to make me not give you a ticket, calling me a racist pig certainly won't help.

To the people who wish me and my fellow officers all dead, what would you do when you need the police?
    I absolutely respect a good officer. So long as you are doing your job well I have no complaints at all.

However! There are some bad eggs out there. Due to this, there is an uprising in requests for officers to wear cameras/microphones on them. As you appear to be one of the good ones, how do you feel about this?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this, it has been shown that stations that have this as a requirement saw a sharp drop in police abuse reports:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...plaints-rialto
    It really is a wonderful idea for both the officers and the civilians.

I am recorded every day by camera and microphone. It is in place to protect the company, me and the reporting user's. It is a very useful tool.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Internet denizens are of the age when people call cops "pigs" or "Nazis". I really think that's all there is to it.

Wikipedia says there are 780,000 cops in the US, 248 per 100,000 people. What if 1% makes a mistake each year? 78,000 mistakes a year? What if 0.1%? 7,800 mistakes a year?

How often do you make a mistake? Sure maybe your mistake gets womens high heels shipped to an 80 year old man. A cop's mistake can get someone killed. Guess what? A crane operator's mistake can get someone killed and so can a bus drivers. Have you ever made a mistake and gotten into a car wreck?

Lighten up people.
    And what, defend their mistakes? The crane operator that ends a life is punished, a cop isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    I will say vice cops can all suck dick.
    People shouldn't have the freedom of exercising vices freely because not everyone is smart enough to handle vices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    That isn't the proactive policing being taught cut the shit.
    I can tell you first hand that myself and 53 others in the academy were not taught to sit and wait for someone to turn on red. I have first hand experience, you do not
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me