Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Control Undead uses in WoD

Hayo!
    Since I haven't got a beta key for WoD I'm just going to ask it here.
    I'm a huge fan of the Control Undead spell, it adds so much flavor to the class and I get no drawback using it as either Blood or Frost now that Unholy is the only spec with Raise Dead. However, are there any uses for it in WoD?
    By "uses" I mean anything, really. Are there useful Undeads in dungeons to control that are good for the group (such as the big ones in Scholo, oh how I love those)? Are there any cool ones in the open world to control? I dump alot of time playing around with undeads in the open world when waiting for the raid to get filled, unless I'm leading it, hence why this spell means alot to me.

Obviously this is for WoD content, as I'm fully aware of the current content and undeads on live.

Good day
    //Typhod
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

I wish I could be a bit more helpful but the only ones that I'm personally aware of are the undead in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, I'm not sure if they'll be any good for what you're wanting them for but at least it's something! If I come across anything else I'll let you know.

Atleast one instance then. If that's the only case then it will atleast be on par with MoP!
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

While I do love the ability i'm still confused as to why that wasn't pruned. We have minimal to no use for it in current content.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    While I do love the ability i'm still confused as to why that wasn't pruned. We have minimal to no use for it in current content.
    It doesn't contribute to ability bloat since it is verrryyy situational. I also think they try to refrain from giving a spell a 1-expansion lifetime if possible. (Symbiosis is the only spell I know of that was introduced in MoP and is being pruned).

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    Atleast one instance then. If that's the only case then it will atleast be on par with MoP!
    There are also the undead in Shado-Pan Monastery and Scarlet Halls.

Ads so much flavor to the class? Please name anything outside of ICC soloing you would have used it on since then(that actually mattered/made a difference not "lol youse guys look at mi newz pet!)?
    Cata?
    MoP?
    By the time we even got that spell it was to late to be relevant.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Ads so much flavor to the class? Please name anything outside of ICC soloing you would have used it on since then(that actually mattered/made a difference not "lol youse guys look at mi newz pet!)?
    Cata?
    MoP?
    Adds flavor != current-raid usefulness

But since you seem so snarky, how about a spirit before 1st boss in Scarlet Monastery. In CM, it lets you practically one-shot the boss, saving 1-2 minutes.

Cata?
    MoP?
    Blackwing Descent soloing, Challenge Modes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Blackwing Descent soloing, Challenge Modes, etc.
    It doesn't work in CM's

Cata?
    MoP?
    Enslave demon on the other hand was vital to doing some heroic 5 mans in BC and a think useful in a couple of raids.

It doesn't work in CM's
    It does work in Scarlet Monastery CM.

It does work in Scarlet Monastery CM.
    Works in scholo too on zombies before 2nd boss, they got a nasty stacking debuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    It doesn't contribute to ability bloat since it is verrryyy situational. I also think they try to refrain from giving a spell a 1-expansion lifetime if possible. (Symbiosis is the only spell I know of that was introduced in MoP and is being pruned).
    Banners, Voidshift, Shadowblades, Symbiosis, Stampede (moved to talent), Blinding Light...

Thats 6 out 11 new abilities being removed after 1 expac.

Deleted
    Control undead in MoP was useful in one place. Scholomance Challenge mode. Could control the big guys that put a 15% damage increase debuff on the target. I haven't thought about using it in WoD yet, only one where i could see it being used is Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

They must have changed it working in CMs because when I got gold it didn't work on anything and red lettering said it didn't work in challenge modes.

Deleted
    They must have changed it working in CMs because when I got gold it didn't work on anything and red lettering said it didn't work in challenge modes.
    Prtty sure i did it in CM, could be wrong :b did in dungeons atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    it works in normal heroics, but didnt work in CM when I tried to do the same thing

worked just fine some month ago when I did it on my hunter with a dk tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Doesn't work in CMs. Normal Heroics let you control them. In CMs you control the nonelite zombie corpses in the Candlestick Magi's room. They have a stacking debuff that eats away bosses. They tend to die rather quickly, though, and move extremely slow.

It still works, but on specific mobs.

Like the first two in Scolo will not work; but the small zombies with 60k HP do work, and they have a VERY nasty debuff that can do tremendous damage on the bosses.

Also the ghosts in Monastery can be controlled, and if you play smartly (For every attack done on them they do 10% more damage, so if you got someone with a very low damage ability spam them with it they get upwards of 40-50 stacks) they kill the boss in 5-10 seconds max.