Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class quests? whats that

I think it is a shame most players have never gotten to experience almost all of the class quests wow had. Few of my personal favorites were the warrior quest taking you to the barrens to basically fight in an arena, and the bear quest for druids. Oh and all of the warlock quests. They actually made you feel like you were getting more and more powerful by getting stronger demons at certain levels.
    Sure some of them were a pain in the ass (shaman water totem quest, druid aquatic form) but they added SOME depth to classes and showed progression over time. I didnt forget monk and dk class quests (they are awesome) I am talking about the quests that were removed.
    But what do you think? Were they just to much of a hassle to complete and needed to be removed?

Deleted
    They were great at the time but the more the game became "Get to max level ASAP" the more annoying and in the way they got

(Oh and they're fun the first time, but not so much the 2nd or 3rd time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some got pretty tedious, I'm kinda glad they removed them.

Give us more quest chains like Green Fire imo.

Deleted
    It is a shame but like you've said, some did cause total nightmares and (could be considered) almost detrimental to the game (in terms of how much fun they are/were). I get the feeling that they could add them back in to be completed via scenarios - in much the same way as the green-warlock-fire quest.
    It would be awesome if they added them or a version of them back into the game via scenarios. But they could do a heck of a lot more regarding lore/flavour and I hope they will do in future as scenarios (the one-time ones, like IoThunder etc) are reasonably easy for them to do (reuse of assets etc).

tl;dr: Yes it is a shame. Yes they were too much of a hassle and impeded on the "easy accessibility" feel that they've worked hard to bring in. However, they should be brought back in another form.
    Last edited by mmoca13174a0e0; 2014-09-28 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling >.<

I loved shaman totem quests. Was my first char ever created. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I loved shaman totem quests. Was my first char ever created. Good times.
    Screw you water totem quest!

Also, Druid aquatic form taking you everywhere >.>

Deleted
    Imho it would be cool if after reaching max lvl with one character we would be to have "class leveling path"

I mean 10-85 level huge quest class specific quest chain. It would be much faster(7 days for reaching 90 lvl) way of leveling(and less repetitive because unique for every class) and would be focused on learning class mechanics and showing lore of specific class(instead of races and zones like in normal leveling). So for example if you reach 10 lvl with Rogue you start a quest chain for Ravenholdt(same for both faction) and do class-specific quests in whole Azeroth which would include pick pocketing, using stealth, lockpicking, learining class mechanics(maybe some instanced proving grounds). And same for every class so warriors would do quests for Crimson Ring, Shamans for Earthen Ring, Druids for Cenarion Circle etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll always love my Swift Flight Form feat of strength. That quest chain was a pain in the butt.

Deleted
    the worst class quests were the shaman totem quests, the first one was ok, but the water one... my god. back then you had no mount at that level and running all over the place to get your water totem sucked.

if i am remembering that as the right one you had to go barrnens, ashenvale, back to barrens, then somewhere else like hillsbarad or something then back to barrens.

class quests were amazing really miss them :/
    but vanilla days are over I guess so every class is the same now ^-^
    at least there's another legendary questline - that's the best we can hope for I guess

Deleted
    just looked it up the water totem quest was more like, barrens, ashenvale, back to barrens, to tarren mill, back to barrens, then to silverpine forest and finally back to the barrens. it was a 9part quest to get your water totem, what a drag!

I think they should bring them back as optional quests. I would like to do them just for the story.

I liked the way i earned my Charger as a paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    I think they should bring them back as optional quests. I would like to do them just for the story.
    This. Took me probably 5 hours to do aquatic back in vanilla for my Druid. I still have him.

Deleted
    I think it would be nice to have the monk system of having an automatic quest every 10 levels in order to gain something. This could be done in GuildWars2 style, as in that every time you get the next quest, you actually advance your character (roleplay wise). I think the engine has gotten so much better, with all the phasing I think it would be easy to implement and add a lot of immersion just by adding those 9 (maxlvl100) quests.

In Wrath for most of the class quests you had the choice of either buying the spell/s from the trainer or doing the quest. Which was fine not sure why they just up and removed them all after that with Cataclysm. Now you only have two class quests, one at 20 and one at 50, and the one at 50 is in BRD in parts of the instance you don't do normally do in either of the BRD LFD runs so you dont actually get to do the level 50 class quest, unless you can convince the group to go to the East Garrison/Dormintory or the West Garrison/Grim Guzzler.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I love class quests and wish there were more, especially ones like dreadsteed, green fire, Rhok'delar, Anathema/Benediction, etc. There were some poorly designed ones to be sure - but in general I think they are a great thing that really bring a class to life.

I just recently went to dire maul and summoned the dreadsteed boss for fun....can't get the quest but if you know someone with all the items you can still fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisala View Post

I just recently went to dire maul and summoned the dreadsteed boss for fun....can't get the quest but if you know someone with all the items you can still fight it.
    I do this for guildies alts for fun. I also still have all the items to summon the extra bosses for getting the dungeon tier pieces, so I'll summon them too when I remember.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Please class quest bring back for cosmetic, yes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Screw you water totem quest!

Also, Druid aquatic form taking you everywhere >.>
    The aquatic form quest, at the time I did it, took you WAY out into a fatigue zone, and you just barely had enough time to get there and back without dying (to fatigue or to running out of air) if you took a specific path. The next time I levelled a druid after that was after the form quests had been removed, so I don't know if they ever fixed the fatigue thing.