Thread: A salute to..

Deleted

A salute to..

the person you miss, respect.. wish you had know better. I thought it was the most fitting under fun stuff, even though it's not exactly that fun but anyway, here goes..

To my grandfather, Carl, the "Avenger" (yes it was hes real middle name). You died when I was 4, I wish I had known you better. I also regret that I drew all those "fat" pictures of you as a child and that I was a bit happy when you died because it meant change. I feel ashamed about it now. I think it's a bit weird and silly posting it on a gaming site 18 years later But Id rather do it here than on Facebook. You were never mean to me, you always treated me with love and had time for me when others didn't. Happy birthday, wish you were still around.

Your granddaughter, Kaylee.

Deleted
    My grandparents aswell, I wish I could have told/showed them more about myself but I didnt, I guess out of fear and respect (well that's debatable)
    I still remember all the fun things we did, the midsummer holidays spent with them, feeding their cat and walking their dog, enjoying the countryside

Good memories

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it matters what I write on MMO-Champ about them. I don't see why anyone'd think that. Isn't it better to go to the grave of said person or people, take care of it and put down some flowers? Perhap donate to a charity if they had cancer or something like that

This seems more like your personal need to talk about something you feel bad about. I don't think the dead read MMO-Champ.

15+ Year Old Account
    My grandfather. My fathers side of the family lives in another country, so once I grew up and me and my dad became distant, I stopped coming to visit my grandparents as well. Once he got sick I booked a plane ticket, but he passed before I could get there, always really regretted that.

Thankfully he left some memoirs that he compiled towards the end for his family, so I got to know him better and learned who he was in life, wish he could have known me as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I don't think it matters what I write on MMO-Champ about them. I don't see why anyone'd think that. Isn't it better to go to the grave of said person or people, take care of it and put down some flowers? Perhap donate to a charity if they had cancer or something like that

This seems more like your personal need to talk about something you feel bad about. I don't think the dead read MMO-Champ.
    I don't think the dead float around their graves either.

I did find that Facebook seems to have replaced grave visiting for a number of people. I never visit any graves, nor post on Facebook, but my sister was telling me about a bunch of cousins and that who would post how much they missed our nan blah blah etc on the anniversary, but never bothered to go and put flowers down (when once upon a time everyone did).

My grand uncle. He always was always their for new year and got me and my sibs "new years" presents and was the only guy on my grandfathers side of the family to visit. The man was a great guy and I'll miss him.

Deleted
    I dont celebrate or mourn them, I just cherish the memories. Usually I dont share it but I felt like it after I saw the OP, no harm done (Noomz)

10+ Year Old Account
    My maternal grandmother. She died just before my eldest brother was born so none of us kids got to meet her. I've heard so much about her and it's always been brilliant things. It's like she's a lasting presence in my family's life but I never witnessed it. I wish I had the chance to know her.

Deleted
    My father passed away on Friday, so yeah... I'm glad that not much remained unsaid, be it good or bad. We've had our differences, we clashed often and loudly, we got along amazingly at other times... but I'll still miss you.