Getting really worried for my BrM Monk for WoD

Hey guys. I mained Prot Pally through most of MoP and I had my Monk as my alt. I was planning on maining my BrM for WoD... but I'm really starting to get worried.

I've been watching a lot of streams/videos, and monks just look soooo spiky/squishy after the tank squish. For people with Beta, how would you rate the tanks right now after the squish? I was also reading we MIGHT be ok after we get our set pieces, but before that we are in for a world of hurt. I am highly considering dropping my monk and go for prot warrior instead atm, because warriors always seem solid and durable, while monks just seem so unreliable atm. So I am really looking for people who have experience in the WoD Beta to give me your thoughts on the tanks and how they will stack up to each other.

All tanks are in a pretty dire state at the moment, there's still a lot of tuning to be done for boss damage and tanks. Brewmasters will be fine.

I expect another round of balancing now that they've fixed all of the tier bonuses. For the past 3 weeks since they made them available it's been a nightmare trying to figure out tank balance except in sims because everyone was using tier bonuses.

That said, spiky pre-tank squish and spiky post-tank squish are totally different levels of spikiness, assuming the dummies are calibrated properly. Pre-squish the heroic Raid dummy would hit me for ~140k a hit when I only had 500k health (post-Shuffle). Now, it hits for ~90k a hit with 440k health. The level of spikes has dropped dramatically, but some tanks are spiking even less than BrM does which makes BrM seem "spikey" by comparison.

Realistically though, I think TMI is starting to become a dated metric. Right now it takes 6+ seconds of not avoiding a single hit to go from 100-0, which is far longer than MoP (where even today heroic Garrosh three shots all tanks all the time even with active mitigation maxed out). We're starting to see the beginnings of the ideal healing model where tanks need steady healing (but aren't immortal on their own), won't die in 3 seconds because of RNG, and an assigned tank healer is once again a thing.

The only problems I've been seeing with it so far is that you kind of have to retrain healers to think about healing the tank, because you're just going to die if you tank on your own as anything other than a Paladin. External heals are basically required now, which can be annoying if your healers aren't up to it.

Yeah I really hope they are doing another numbers pass for tanks because without our 4 set, we just dont seem like we will be good tanks at all. Right now, I am prepping my warrior to be my main, because he is just so much safer atm. BrM's just seem way too inconsistent right now and are just so heavy reliant on EB and dodge. They just seem really risky and I dont want to make my healers jobs any harder than it has to be. I'm not usually a "class hopper" and usuually stick to my main for a few raids, or sometimes whole expansions, but I think this expansion, I'm going to let myself be more flexible. Especially with garrisons promoting alts, I think I will level all the tanks I enjoy the most (Warrior, Monk, Druid), and from there I can decide who I really want to main.

But but I liked being able to solo last phase of Horridon @ 10+ stacks with no healer

Why does Blizzard hate me enjoying being a badass?