Sometimes I dont think any Devs actually play this game.

I have really been enjoying Diablo 3 since RoS came out. Its leaps and bounds better than Vanilla, even with the economy being perma banned. But theres still a few things that make me scratch my head and wonder if they actually play this game.

1) The recent Kadala price increase. I seriously hope they were trolling when they said it was because people were having to run too far to salvage gear. That is the epitome of lazy considering she is basically giving the black smith a lap dance in Act 1. They also said they increased materials dropped off of Rift bosses to compensate. That is a flat out LIE. I usually only get like 3 Veiled Crystals doing a t6 Rift. The same Rift also gives ~100 Shards. With the old Prices that meant I could buy 20 items off of Kadala and usually netted me ~17 Crystals per t6 Rift. I wasnt a Math Major but how is 3 Crystals = 17 Crystals? Now you have to spend more time farming because you have to pick everything up instead of just blowing through the Rift and getting all your Mats from Kalada Salvaging. So how exactly are they saving you time if you have to spend more time to gain the same amount of materials?

2) Difficulty scaling is a Joke. In Path of Exile I can change my Map mods around to increase the difficulty and thus the chance at getting better loot also goes up. If I make the mobs harder by giving them reflect, chain, or curse immunity then the amount of loot also goes up as well. But there is absolutely ZERO loot increase based on difficulty in D3. Im not talking about Torment 1 vs Torment 6. I mean the actual mobs inside each Rift/GRift. We all know certain mobs are just a pain in the ass and are harder to kill. If I get a Rift full of stun charging corrupted angels, lacuni, and Phasebeasts all with crazy affix combos I dont get any more loot than if the entire Rift is full of those cultists who just stand around banging their staves on the ground. In fact I actually seem to get less loot if a Rift is significantly harder. What sense does that make?

3) Class specific Sets ruin the game need to go. Blizzard always likes mentioning Build Diversity and wanting people to try different things. Then they add OP sets like Marauders and Firebirds which force you to use this set because everything else is trash. Then those sets further restrict your game play by forcing you to only use certain skills. For example, you MUST use sentry with Marauders and you MUST use Fire spells with Firebird. How exactly is that build diversity when you are telling people how to play the game?

One great thing about PoE is all of the unique builds players come up with by experimenting and trying different passive and gear combos and making wierd things actually work. That game pretty much lets you play the way you want to play. But Blizzard forces you to play their way by saying if you play a Demon Hunter and dont want to suck you must use Marauder's Set and then in order for that set to work you also must use Sentry.

Sets might not be so bad if they were all actually usable but the other sets are pure garbage. Look through top GRifters and tell me how many Witch Doctors you see using Helltooth, how many Demon Hunters use Nats or Shadow? Why even waste the man power designing sets and skills no one will use? There can NEVER be build diversity with set items because set items will always restrict your gear choices and also restrict the skills you use.

1. Kadala change kinda meh tbh. The Mats thing yea it sucks, but idk on season I have 12k Crystals, 8k Dust, 19k Deaths Breath kinda stupid. If you didn't have much or any before this change then ya it is really stupid. I personally liked spam buying all the items you had 30 seconds between rifts not sure how that wasn't enough time.

2. GR's aren't really for gear they are a way to increase yourself by upgrading gems, but w/e tbh. Gear really isn't hard to come by. After my Barb and DH who have done 40 on season I decided to level a wiz last night. It is now clearing GR 32 in less than 9 hours of play. Game is a joke for gear just spam T6 for a few hours and full geared.

3. Them removing or buffing other class sets won't change anything. With GR's in place there will be the 1 spec that wins and everyone plays it. It is how that is gonna go. There isn't enough skills in the game that are remotely equal in the effectiveness in aoe or single target to allow multiple equal builds. Even if a build is 1% or less behind the best build ... everyone(who cares about getting the highest) will play the best build it is how it works for leaderboards/competition because everyone plays what is best to get to the top not what they like but wont allow them to get there.

Thats your opinion, Personally I think your entire post is fail. All three of your points are wrong.

I agree with Kadala part, that change was really dumb.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive gotten more leg necks and rings since the change. . . .
    Link your GR40+ profile and show us again how easy it is . . . . .
    If you need muraders or firebirds to do T6, you have no idea what you are doing. . . . . . and you burn your own TOO EASY argument.

Srry. Sounds like PoE is the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Thats your opinion, Personally I think your entire post is fail. All three of your points are wrong.
    how are they wrong? Its not even an opinion its straight up fact because I will actually quote what Travis Day said in this post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579177912#6
    The Kadala change is primarily meant to be a quality of life change for players. Having to fill up your inventory and run back and forth to the blacksmith could be a mildly cumbersome experience and we wanted to improve that
    and then at the end he says
    TLDR - You get more items than you used to!
    How is 3 veiled crystals per Rift Guardian more than spending your 100 shards on 20 items from Kadala and getting around 17?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Ive gotten more leg necks and rings since the change. . . .
    Link your GR40+ profile and show us again how easy it is . . . . .
    If you need muraders or firebirds to do T6, you have no idea what you are doing. . . . . . and you burn your own TOO EASY argument.

Srry. Sounds like PoE is the game for you.
    i never once talked about how easy or hard the game is. My first point also has nothing to do with getting more legendary items. Its about not getting as many veiled crystals when you need 40 for legs and 50 for chests at the mystic. You get less of them now, thats a straight up indisputable FACT. Also are you really trying to say that every Class Set in the game is perfectly viable? If sets like Helltooth, Invoker, Nat's, Shadow are all viable then why isnt anyone using them?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-09-27 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of powerful sets, but you're correct that because each class has 1 "good" set (most of them being OP) and 1 or 2 absolute garbage bottom of the barrel sets... it sort of pidgeon-holes you into playing M6, or Firebird, or the other OP sets. It'd be nice if all of the class sets were on nearly equal footing and supported different playstyles.

As for GRift balance issues, I have to believe Blizzard will fix it eventually. I've done GR25s that were as hard as a 31, and I've done GR31s that were easier than A1T1 bounties. The density and mob type makes such a HUGE difference that it's almost comical. Then add pylon RNG on top of that... yeah. Eww.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kadalas change has been amazing for me.

Before the change I was consistently getting trash every 200 shards I spent. I think I got 1 set piece out of 800 shards.

Since the change, I've spent about 500 shards, and got 4 legendaries and 3 set pieces which means 7/20 armour rolls were Legendary or Set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I love the idea of powerful sets, but you're correct that because each class has 1 "good" set (most of them being OP) and 1 or 2 absolute garbage bottom of the barrel sets... it sort of pidgeon-holes you into playing M6, or Firebird, or the other OP sets. It'd be nice if all of the class sets were on nearly equal footing and supported different playstyles.

As for GRift balance issues, I have to believe Blizzard will fix it eventually. I've done GR25s that were as hard as a 31, and I've done GR31s that were easier than A1T1 bounties. The density and mob type makes such a HUGE difference that it's almost comical. Then add pylon RNG on top of that... yeah. Eww.
    That's why I enjoy my Barb, he has a couple goods sets.

There are still people who think that GRifts are for loot wtf is going on smh.

Deleted
    1) Kadala has a ~10% chance (Up from ~1%) to sell you a legendary item while her prices has only been increase 5 fold. I'm not a math wizard either but that means 100% more legionaries per shard spent, right? That also means 100% less time spent in rifts to receive a legendary item from Kadala. Now, I'm not super thrilled about having to loot yellow items myself but it's quite easy to see that there is no wasting of time being committed due to Kadala changes.

2) I felt you could have taken another route to this particular complaint. Sadly, you wasted your complaint on a non-issue. Conduit pylons in Grifts is the only balance issue there is. Mob imbalance doesn't matter as you can just leave the game and restart the Grift at any time to "reshuffle" the mob mix to better suit your class and spec. Conduits however, those are RNG and impossible to combat. You absolutely can't clear above a certain level of grift without getting the perfectly placed/timed Conduit Pylon. It's a RNG aspect that doesn't belong in a competitive setting.

3) This has been touched on plenty of times already. Cookie cutter builds/gear is inevitable. Anything other than cookie cutter is viewed as dogshit, it's only natural in a competitive game. But from a casual point of view there are endless build possibilities that are perfectly viable for T6 and lower/mid-Grifts. Design your own build if you want, go nuts with it.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2014-09-27 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcatchum View Post
    There are still people who think that GRifts are for loot wtf is going on smh.

i dont understand what you are saying. GRifts are by far the best way to get loot. I have talked to a lot of people who will start with a level 1 and then just keep upgrading the key. On average I get around 1.5 legendary items per t6 Rift and a lot of times I dont get anything. I usually get around 2.5 from a Grift and only very rarely have I not gotten a single legendary. Also I get far far more set pieces from GRifts. Im pretty sure thats more loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    i dont understand what you are saying. GRifts are by far the best way to get loot. I have talked to a lot of people who will start with a level 1 and then just keep upgrading the key. On average I get around 1.5 legendary items per t6 Rift and a lot of times I dont get anything. I usually get around 2.5 from a Grift and only very rarely have I not gotten a single legendary. Also I get far far more set pieces from GRifts. Im pretty sure thats more loot.
    Loot in RNG.

In 20 mins i got like 8 legendaries from a T6, and then nothing from a ..I think it was 29 GRift was shocked too but that means nothing.

But then again it feels like the faster you do the rift, more rewarding it is, at least for me.

Also to the OP.

PoE is a better game by far, hence why it does things better.

D3 is its own style, can gear up characters rather quickly/easily and start facerolling if you are lucky.. PoE isnt so much about that

Deleted
    Grift loot is horrible, even more so past tier 30+
    when you get a lot further the rifts start to take time, so i spend almost the full 15 minutes on completing one grift to get like 1-2 legs

because i can complete a high grift t6 rift is easy as hell with the right gear and i can manage to do more rifts in the same time i do one greater rift and a lot of the times i get 4+ legs + gold and the chance for gems, mats. etc if i need that

they need to make grift more rewarding and make the grift boss have a guaranteed legendayr drop in higher grift, nothing more annoying spending almost the full time completing the rift to just get nothing at all
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2014-09-27 at 01:04 PM.

Im pretty sure who ever is in charge of making the items doesnt have a clue or they just dont think things out. Lets just look at the Witch Doctor Class Sets. There is a Zuni helm and also a Jade Harvester Helm. Why is that? Both items are 100% unusable and will never be worn by anyone, ever. Pet Docs use MoJ and Jade Docs use Quetz. I dont understand why they needed to add those items. Why not just have the Zuni and Jade Helms have those affects. There are also lots and lots of items that are merely Forgotten Souls because they will NEVER be used. I mean who will ever use Boj anglers or Hammer Jammers or pretty much 99% of the crafted Legendaries. Why add worthless items to the game? Why not spend your time making other stuff better rather than adding things that will never be used?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    PoE is a better game by far, hence why it does things better.

D3 is its own style, can gear up characters rather quickly/easily and start facerolling if you are lucky.. PoE isnt so much about that
    I play both games and enjoy them for different reasons. But sometimes I wish GGG had Blizzard's money. Also wish Blizzard would unban trading. I dont see how they could possibly think a game based on RNG doesnt need trading. My DH is stuck on GRift 34 because I have 411 paragon levels, played mostly on my DH, and dont have a T&T yet. I just cant kill fast enough to beat the timer without one. I also have never found a decent Cameo so jailer always 1 shots me.
    Last edited by tiffy33; 2014-09-27 at 01:52 PM.

The only thing I don't agree with is the whole trial system

Even after the recent change, if you're in a 3-4 player group, it's like you're being punished now. Makes no sense to have all of us single queue in hopes of a 42+ stone, whereas doing trial as a group, a wave 46 nets you a 35 trial key

I think the blood shard cap should be increased after Kadala changes. Im trying to get 2h flail for holy spec nad they cost 75 shards. With capped shards i can buy only 6. I prefer to farm first alot shards then buy as much as I can, not farm every 6 items

Im sure something everyone will agree on is GRift density is just terrible. I remember seeing a Dev post saying something like they didnt expect to get them right on the first try. Does anyone else find that to be a load of bullshit? First of all im sure everyone remembers how awful Rifts were when RoS launched. I remember many times having to hit levels 8 or 9 just to finish. The forums were page after page after page of nothing but "Rift density sucks" posts. So why didnt they learn their lesson? As bad as Rifts were when they first came out you would think anyone with an ounce of care for its gamers would not make the same mistake again. But they did. Even after PTR testing they released half assed GRifts where difficulty is directly tied to mob density. GRifts with great density = easy. GRifts with a few mobs every 2-3 screens = uber hard and impossible to win. If they knew they werent going to be right why did they release them without further tuning? Or did Blizzard just want to start their Season the same time the new PoE Leagues started even if GRifts werent ready?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-09-27 at 11:29 PM.