WAKFU (It's like Final Fantasy Tactics: MMO edition!)

So I saw this game pop up in Steam while searching around for a non-committal game to take the edge off of my crushing boredom, and I gotta say, it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Matter of fact, it's kinda good! In a few words, I'd describe it as a Final Fantasy Tactics MMO. Or, to a lesser extent, Fire Emblem.

Has anyone else tried checking this thing out? I might toy with it for a little while longer.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very pretty game and their animation and art style is beautiful. I think I recall there being an animated series with it now, even with english voice-over.

I find the female characters to be absolutely adorable. But the game itself isn't to my tastes at all.

I have never actually played the game. Love the art style and the animated series though.

Tried it, couldn't plant the flower thing due to errors, haven't played it since.

I need to remember to try the game again.

I get stuck after a certain point, because the game is very grind-heavy and tactical combat offers little XP, but starts taking up more and more time. I occasionally come back, because it's relatively cheap and not a bad game, it's just not a genre I can constantly keep playing.

I played Dofus back in the day, and checked this out for a short bit too...

but the problem I eventually had with Dofus was that in the average MMO... 'trash fights' for grinding out loot are quick kills with quick gratification....

a quick kill in a 'tactics' title, still takes a half hour~

10+ Year Old Account
    I play enough MMOs so no, I do love the anime (I know its not technically an anime but it still is, just contracted workl) of it though. Watching it on Netflix atm. Beautifully animated.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I play enough MMOs so no, I do love the anime (I know its not technically an anime but it still is, just contracted workl) of it though. Watching it on Netflix atm. Beautifully animated.
    Heh, I remember seeing that and being mildly interested due to the existence of the game. Then reading the plot synopsis and almost falling asleep. Though I may check it out at some point if there's some solid fight scenes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    It's French, so no, it's not Anime, even though it steals the style, anime is Japanese, like Manga is Japanese and Manwha Korean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Dofus

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Reminds me of Dofus
    Wakfu is a kind of sort of sequel to Dofus.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah its basically a successor to dofus.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It's French, so no, it's not Anime, even though it steals the style, anime is Japanese, like Manga is Japanese and Manwha Korean.
    LATE REPLY!

Yer, I assumed it was contracted work but indeed, animated in France using flash animation like MLP.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!