Help with diet plan.

Alright i'm not gonna lie, I dont know alot about dieting. I know what I am supposed to stay away from and not eat, thats about it.
    So around 2 months ago, i joined a local gym and started to work out.

Since I did not know alot about working out, I started doing what my friends recommended, weight workouts. After going to the gym about 3-4 times, my back started to kill me, so I went to the doctor and got an MRI scan, and found out that I got a spinal disc herniation and is pressing against one of the central nerves.

After alot of physiotherapist treatment, i'm starting to get good again. I'm following a training schedule that my physiotherapist made for me, and now I need help to make a diet to eat more healthy.

This is what i eat daily.

Breakfast:
    2 pieces of bread with cheese/ham.
    1 glass of orange juice.

Lunch.
    Either a cheese and ham sandwich or some sort of micro lunchset.
    Pepsi or coke drink.

Dinner.
    Alot of frozen food, pizza, burgers, micro dinners.
    ice tea drink.

Snacks.
    yoghurt
    1-2 apple/banana a day.
    Potato chips

I know that the micro and the frozen food is not good, but i am bad at cooking, and terrible at finding good ideas for dinner.
    So any tips or help is greatly appreciated.

One big thing is replace the lunch pepsi/coke with water and the dinner ice tea with water. Also, replace the potato chips snack with some type of vegetable.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, add 30 min of light cardio to your daily gym workout. When lifting weights, start small. You can always work your way up in weight but overdoing it at first can cause damage like you have seen with your back.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't seem like enough food :S I eat waaay more than that and still don't eat enough calories to prevent me from loseing weight >.<

Breakfast
    3 eggs on wholemeal toast with glass of orange juice

Brunch
    oatmeal with bannana

lunch
    chicken breast/tuna sandwhich with apple, pear and plum

snack
    peanut butter sandwhich with full fat milk

dinner
    usually meat/ vegetables / rice/ pasta etc eg chicken, pork steak,salmon, lamb

2nd snack
    nuts, peanuts,cashew nuts, almonds etc + another glass of milk

supper
    either more oatmeal or a cheese+ ham sandwhich before bed

Quote Originally Posted by Snook11 View Post
    I know what I am supposed to stay away from and not eat, thats about it.

This is what i eat daily.

bread
    cheese
    juice
    micro lunchset.
    Pepsi or coke drink
    Alot of frozen food, pizza, burgers, micro dinners.
    ice tea drink
    Potato chips
    Cooking decently healthy meals is not as difficult as people seem to believe. You can start simple. Things like rice, baked chicken or fish, and frozen vegetables are piss easy to make. The more comfortable you get with cooking, the more variety you can add to your meals.

A few of the things on your list of foods are fine in moderation, not daily.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2014-09-29 at 12:40 PM.

Eat to be healthy not to be skinny. Replace your junk food with a healthier alternative and you'll notice how easily you start to lose weight when supplemented with proper activity.

Once you make those small changes, get your base metabolic rate subtract 150 to 200 calories from it to properly lose weight while staying lean.

You say "I know what I am supposed to stay away from and not eat, thats about it. " yet you eat almost everything that you shouldn't on a daily basis.
    Making your own food is rather simple and can be also fast. Google simple dinner recipes or something along those lines and I'm sure you find something you can prepare with ease too.
    Replace ice tea, pepsi, juice with water. You should be drinking water when you are thirsty and everything else you can consume as treat sometimes. You can find healthy orange juice but I bet that the one you are drinking is with added sugar and shit.
    Replace potato chips with berries and/or plain raw almonds.
    Your breakfast can be fine but favor lean meats like turkey and whole wheat/rye bread
    At dinner learn to like some vegetables and add them with your choice of meat. Everyone knows how to cook a chicken fillet or ground beef so its far from impossible. You can prepare bigger dinners and eat it couple times so you don't have to cook daily.

..Just some examples. You should read about nutrition and educate yourself a bit about calories and macro's(prot,carb,fat) so you can build a healthy diet. This should be common knowledge since at least then you would know what to avoid and have the tools to create a healthy diet.

To re-iterate what the above said, drop all your pop/juice/ice tea.

Orange juice isn't exactly "good" for you.

I drink 1 cup of coffee a day and everything else I drink is water. Takes a while to get used to but it's so much better for you.

How to gain weight by not having a big tummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    To re-iterate what the above said, drop all your pop/juice/ice tea.

Orange juice isn't exactly "good" for you.

I drink 1 cup of coffee a day and everything else I drink is water. Takes a while to get used to but it's so much better for you.
    Yeah, me2, i only drink coffee and about 4-5L water daily.
    I do workout alot though, been lifting for bout 8 years now