Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Most Overrated Boss in Your Opinion

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

I saw this boss mentioned too many times in the "Best bosses in MoP thread" so I really wanted to give my opinion on it. This boss looks cool, it looks difficult and it looks fun, but my personal experience with the encounter has been miles away from this.

From a healer PoV (disc main) there is actually no healing to do on this fight if people do the fight correctly; now this wouldn't be a problem if the fight was actually difficult to do correctly (like Klaxxi). But since every guild in the universe uses Midwinters strat, the fight turns into a simple stack up, aoe adds and move as a group encounter; it's really easy and really boring.

My 2nd major beef with this boss is its tuning on Flex difficulty; holy fuck balls it's impossible to kill this boss on flex. Since everyone in flex has the LFR mentality of not wanting to do anything besides tunnel the boss, you're essentially pulling finger nails trying to get 2 people to do the belts (and they probably won't do it properly). Meanwhile the tanks responsibility on this fight is equally as important and it's an automatic, unrecoverable wipe if they fuck up; overall I think that the individual responsibility required to kill this boss is simply unrealistic for a flex pug.

After seeing the boss on ptr and watching the world first video I thought this fight was super awesome; but it ended up being seriously disappointing when I did it myself (as a healer at least).

Your turn.

Youtube
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-09-19 at 03:50 AM.

Blackfuse as well probably. It must be a DPS thing because as a tank it's nothing special. I can understand that at the start it seems overwhelming but everything is on a timer. When a fight has consistency then it's easily done.

Deleted
    Blackfuse was interesting for those who had to do double/triple jobs, going to belt, killing/controlling mines and killing siegecrafter. If you were focused on just some of those but not all it became boring. IMO paragons of the klaxi were something boring. All you had to was to avoid shit on the floor and control yourself from not aoe whoring during progress. Boss was made hard by players who just couldn't dodge rapid fire or who refused to soak aim. I remember saying more than onec to many guildies back then that they should go practice those sonic ring in to lfr hof and that they should just quit the game when they die 50th time in a row to same easily avoided mechanic.

Algalon, pretty scenery but underwhelming mechanics compared to the rest of the raid.

Slightly off topic but I think siegecrafter has all the elements that make a great fight.

1) A boss that has personality and "wants" to kill you as opposed to some gelatinous blob like Immerseus.
    2) Interesting roles for many people in the fight (granted the belt jockey and healer aren't two of those)
    3) Varied ways to do the fight. You can do hectic and quick or slow and safe, the choice is yours.
    4) Good awareness / dps checks.

Lei Shen. After all this "best end boss ever" by Method and other top guilds I impatiently waited to see it on heroic, but for me the fight was crap. The first phase is repeating four times the same, only tanks have to actually focus and do something. Mini-phases are some weird positioning puzzles, without the true RPG spirit. Th rest is "avoid absic stuff" and nuke. Maybe it was fun for guild that had to minmax everything as the fight involed a lot of movement, but the moment where strategy became more important than dps the fight definitely lost its flavour.

Ra-den. He was disappointing as hell.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

For me Blackfuse was move for sawblade, move for laser, kill mines for 8 minutes. Pretty uninteresting.

Paragons of the Klaxxi heroic was the most interesting fight in Siege of Orgrimmar to me.

Lei Shen quite overrated in my opinion, never found anything special about the fight, wasn't nearly as epic as many claimed it to be...

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Ra-den. He was disappointing as hell.

This ! After heroic Lei Shen you expect something more challenging and epic, instead you get this weird do nothing, nuke boss

Siegecrafter is one of my most hated heroic bosses, mostly because belt duty is soul crushingly shit and I'm on it every time.

I'd have to go with him as well. Though there are other bosses which are far worse, none of them are talked up.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Slightly off topic but I think siegecrafter has all the elements that make a great fight.

1) A boss that has personality and "wants" to kill you as opposed to some gelatinous blob like Immerseus.
    2) Interesting roles for many people in the fight (granted the belt jockey and healer aren't two of those)
    3) Varied ways to do the fight. You can do hectic and quick or slow and safe, the choice is yours.
    4) Good awareness / dps checks.
    A stupid, booring boss where you have to wipe 200 times doing the same booring "nothing" before belters learn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People really voted Siegecrafter as the best MoP boss? I mean, its not a bad encounter, I can see why many people like it. The environment plays a big role in the fight, which is pretty cool when you experience it for the first few times. However, as a Fury Warrior, I can say that this fight bores me to death. I'm never on belts, and I literally just tunnel the boss the whole entire fight while occasionally sidestepping the missile thing. I don't have an important role, so if anything happens that causes a wipe, its never my fault. I barely even have to look at the screen, seeing as how I've gotten the rotation down to muscle memory, and most of the time I have my laptop open on my desk in front of me and I'm browsing or looking at some other sites while I'm doing the fight.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blackfuse normal mode as tank is lame.

On topic: Attumen the Huntsman.

I didn't really care for siegecrafter much either. I woulda liked it a lot more it it had been slowed down a bit- basically make the belt and non-belt phases last longer and require a lot more people on the belt (like most of the dps and maybe some healers). Whenever I did the belt I felt like I didn't even see the fight.

As for a boss I found overrated? I never found Lich King particularly thrilling. I tend not to care for fights with pointless filler phases tho.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

Every boss in ICC
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Every boss in ICC
    explanation on this one would be nice....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    I didn't really care for siegecrafter much either. I woulda liked it a lot more it it had been slowed down a bit- basically make the belt and non-belt phases last longer and require a lot more people on the belt (like most of the dps and maybe some healers). Whenever I did the belt I felt like I didn't even see the fight.

As for a boss I found overrated? I never found Lich King particularly thrilling. I tend not to care for fights with pointless filler phases tho.
    It is a pretty fast-paced fight. Its definitely one of the quicker fights in the raid. He has a really low HP pool and dies really quickly, provided belt people don't screw up (and in doing so, screw the rest of the raid over).

Amen on Blackfuse. When I saw this thread name I was coming in to post just that; I'm glad I'm clearly not the only one.

There was a time when Blizzard gave a crap about making cohesive boss fights, where combat had a theme and interesting mechanics. Look at ICC for example. Deathbringer Saurfang compared to Professor Putricide and Lana'thel. These bosses share virtually no similar boss mechanics, have interesting ideas and are enjoyable encounters in some way for every role, twisted in a unique way for every role.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse is the epitome of lazy design. There's a belt where you kill machines, and all of them just use generic boss mechanics we've seen countless times in one expansion alone and the clever mechanics are essentially "Now let's see, how much shit can we throw at the raid group at once? That makes a difficult and fun boss, right?"

This has been a big issue with me and raiding since cataclysm onward, but it got considerably worse with a lot of MoP raiding where boss mechanics virtually completely consist of "Don't stand in the fire. p.s. the fire is everywhere, have fun!" That's not fun. That's frustrating, annoying and tiring.

Deleted
    I don't think he's really overrated (most people aren't impressed by him) but I can't get over how bad Garrosh HC is. I've never seen a more predictable endboss, and I've played since Vanilla. He's unforgiving about mistakes, but I could pretty much tell you every single ability I use at any given point of the fight, probably on which player as well (resto druid).