Poll: Truth or Fear Mongering

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

American citizen fear mongering

So a friend of mine shared this video on facebook. It's of Judge Jeanine Pirro. I've never seen or heard of this women before(not a fan of fox news).

So I'm just curious, do any of you agree with her, that we should be afraid and bomb them or do you believe this is just fear mongering and that bombing country after country is just wrong and creates these groups in the first place?

Bombing people in countries that have not attacked us is wrong. Fear mongering and what is wrong with here eyes?

She is terrible at speaking atleast. She keeps looking at the screen she is reading from and is not sincere in what she is saying at all tbh. It makes what she is saying more ridiculous, but yeah I think that she is going over the top with this whole thing.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    This is parody, isn't it?

Ya fear mongering is normal these days. Same with all complaining about cops and the "police state". People are making mountains out of mole hills. America is becoming extremely overly sensitive.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-09-29 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Ya fear mongering is normal these days. Same with all complaining about cops and the "police state". People are making mountains out of mole hills. America is becoming extremely overly sensitive.
    Completely agree, one side wants me to fear the government and the other side wants me to fear the terrorists.

Fear is good politics I'm afraid.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Can you give a summary of the vid? I would watch it, but 7 minutes of Fox News would kill more brain cells than a bottle of tequila.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Completely agree, one side wants me to fear the government and the other side wants me to fear the terrorists.

Fear is good politics I'm afraid.
    If you fear the terrorists, then they win.

If you fear the government, then you're probably a terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Can you give a summary of the vid? I would watch it, but 7 minutes of Fox News would kill more brain cells than a bottle of tequila.
    The right says the bad guys are coming, beware Isis. The left says we are the bad guys.

Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post

If you fear the terrorists, then they win.

If you fear the government, then you're probably a terrorist
    Basically it's about how she's been saying for a long time that we should all be afraid, and now because things happened, she was right and we should be even super more afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    So a friend of mine shared this video on facebook. It's of Judge Jeanine Pirro. I've never seen or heard of this women before(not a fan of fox news).

So I'm just curious, do any of you agree with her, that we should be afraid and bomb them or do you believe this is just fear mongering and that bombing country after country is just wrong and creates these groups in the first place?

Her job prior to this was a TV show judge. Fox hired her to do legal analysis then after awhile decided to give her a show to discuss everything else because apparently conservatives like looking at her.

Deleted
    It's FOX NEWS, what do you expect lol What's scary is you'll have folk falling for this spoon fed fear and develop obscure radical ideas

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Basically it's about how she's been saying for a long time that we should all be afraid, and now because things happened, she was right and we should be even super more afraid.
    She also outright says that ISIS is the greatest threat we have ever faced, greater than Hitler, greater than 4,000 ICBMs aimed at us during the cold war, greater than the civil war, greater than the war of 1812 in which the British literally burned Washington, they are even a greater threat than Fox News! I believe this is what you call grossly inflated hyperbole intended to scare people.

Next thing you know they will bring back that idiotic color coded threat system used during the Bush administration.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    FOX hired a tv show judge for legal analysis???

I thought they couldn't fall any further in credibility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This is parody, isn't it?
    well, last year when i went to the US, i´ve watched fox news and i think they´ve got it mixed up, the "comedy/parody news" are more likely to tell you what´s up while the "real news" are more than likely making stuff up to get you to keep watching

while i agree with some of her descriptions of ISIS, i disagree with her solutions, it´s a mumbojumbo of half truths and blatant propaganda
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did she just quote Illidan on 1:14?

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Whats wrong with her eyes?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not parody, but it may as well be.

"ISIS is coming. They might be here already. So bomb them with air strikes."

...what, air strikes within our own country? Especially the "lone wolves" she keeps mentioning?

As an American, I can safely say this woman does not speak for us.

Tell me for months I need to be afraid...stopped right there.

Off-topic on MMO-C never seems to disappoint. You people spout more rhetoric and bullshit then the thing you are trying to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

...what, air strikes within our own country? Especially the "lone wolves" she keeps mentioning?

Yes, the "lone wolves" could avoid normal air strikes, lets use nukes instead!! /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Off-topic on MMO-C never seems to disappoint. You people spout more rhetoric and bullshit then the thing you are trying to hate.
    So somebody who obviously have no clue coming up with "solutions" to a problem she doesn't understand is less bullshit than this?

...is there a post I'm not seeing somewhere in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

My favourite part was when she said that ISIS are going to the US "...as a legion or lone wolves..." - the former would be a remarkable achievement, considering that ISIS has no navy or airforce.

As I said in a previous thread, Malta (which most people in Malta would struggle to point out on a map) has a stronger navy and airforce than ISIS, and when even the Maltese aren't under any threat from an ISIS invasion with only half the Mediterranean in the way, then the US has bugger all to concern them in that regard.