Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    /shrug

I just see it as two separate things. If not for the shooting the fact kids were in there is a nothing story. It just so happens that on that night someone/some people decided to be extra stupid.

Maybe I'm not used to news about night club shootings
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Useless side story...underage people in a bar is completely immaterial to the whole "why the actual fuck did someone open fire in a bar again?" story.
    Someone got disrespected.

So I'm blaming a it all on a lack of people skills.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It could be an unlicensed club where they have all ages parties. They really aren't uncommon and they don't serve alcohol there. It doesn't specify if the club was licensed and serving alcohol. It's a cheap way for a club owner to make some money if they either can't afford or lost their liquor license for any reason. Promoters create these kind of events also to keep underage kids from trying to get into actual bars while still being able to sell tickets to minors.

The guns used weren't legal and the shooter wasn't white so it is hard to make much news from that. Sorry if that sounds offensive but look at past shootings in the news. If legally bought firearms were in the picture then there would be months of back and forth on the news and eyewitness stories. If the shooter was white and the victims were not white it would get the same treatment.

This story just isn't filled with enough media fluff to incite a reaction. Just like how the gang problem is supposedly less of an issue than in the past. It caught me off guard too when someone told me that the gang problem has gotten a lot better. I just laughed because it is still every bit as bad, it just isn't reported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Useless side story...underage people in a bar is completely immaterial to the whole "why the actual fuck did someone open fire in a bar again?" story.
    The children involved are the only reason we're reading the story. 3 shootings happened in bars in my town within the last week. Of course they were Hip-Hop/Dance music type clubs that I avoid. I live in the Mid-West as well and that part is fairly common.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    If they weren't there they wouldn't have been shot.
    Victim blaming on a mass shooting?