Deleted

Post High Warlords set and why we should be able to buy it

Hello,
    I was sent here by a WoW GM who told me that this could be a good place to discuss our need/want for a High Warlords set for both Monks and DK's.

I sent this ticket a day ago and it explains pretty much what I want to say:

"Greetings,
    I'm a Monk player and I absolutely love the class, there's only 1 problem,
    I can't buy a High Warlords set because of my class and the High Warlord sets are my absolute favorite sets in the game and has been, since I started playing in 2005.
    I have to endure that my RBG team/real life friends all just got the gear, while I sit around with a lousy achievement that means nothing to me, so I got a little idea! -
    Why don't you just make the Rogue/Druid High Warlords set available for monks? And while you're at it, maybe make the Warrior High Warlords set available for Death Knights?

I know that we won't get new High Warlord sets because our classes didn't exist in 2005 and I'm fine with that, this is why I've come up with this extremely unoriginal idea, that you've probably heard before.

You'll probably not listen to a veteran as minor as me, but it would mean the world to me if you'd make just anything like this possible or even take it into consideration.

Thanks for reading and the best regards from,

- Matuturu"

A little longhaired I know, but it was to create a the statement that there actually is a want for a High Warlords set for all the PvP Monks and DK's out there.

What is your opinion on this matter and do you feel the same way, if not - why?

Thanks for reading, I'm new to this site so I'm not entirely sure how to set up a good post, so bear with me

- Mattness AKA Matuturu

Yeah, that's a very valid concern. Personally I was a bit annoyed when I started playing Monk that there were almost no full sets I could go get because everything was locked out to Rogues (which I didn't like because I used to play a Rogue and liked some of those sets). It's actually pretty silly how many Monks I've seen in the Druid T3 that they've bought from the BMAH because there are almost no other available sets.

I honestly couldn't tell you why they keep things like the super old sets class locked, it's not like any Rogue can't just go buy it for almost free which kind of kills the exclusivity of it anyways. It's something DKs have to deal with too (although they get WotLK and Cata sets), but I don't really see them ever changing their stance on it unless they made them available for all classes (e.g. Druids could wear Rogue sets and vice versa). In the meantime, there's the MoP PvP sets (which I don't really like), the Challenge Mode sets, T15 and T16 sets I think look pretty good, or you can try to piece together non-set gear that looks like the High Warlord set (some of the vanilla gear can come close).

Deleted
    I personally don't like any of the Monk sets in the game right now, none of them really catches that essential "monk" vibe, except for the Challenge mode set as you mentioned and that one is only decent looking at best and the tier 16 monk set is fine too.
    I've transmogged the rogue gear from TBC heroics which is a little better looking than most of the sets available, the only really cool set is the agiLeather set from Zul'Aman which takes a million years to farm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Yeah, that's a very valid concern. Personally I was a bit annoyed when I started playing Monk that there were almost no full sets I could go get because everything was locked out to Rogues (which I didn't like because I used to play a Rogue and liked some of those sets). It's actually pretty silly how many Monks I've seen in the Druid T3 that they've bought from the BMAH because there are almost no other available sets.

I honestly couldn't tell you why they keep things like the super old sets class locked, it's not like any Rogue can't just go buy it for almost free which kind of kills the exclusivity of it anyways. It's something DKs have to deal with too (although they get WotLK and Cata sets), but I don't really see them ever changing their stance on it unless they made them available for all classes (e.g. Druids could wear Rogue sets and vice versa). In the meantime, there's the MoP PvP sets (which I don't really like), the Challenge Mode sets, T15 and T16 sets I think look pretty good, or you can try to piece together non-set gear that looks like the High Warlord set (some of the vanilla gear can come close).
    I think that it could be a comprise to let Monks use either Druid or Rogue set, or switch it up and can use tier one for druid and tier two of rogue/etc. And DKS can just use warrior sets.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You are playing a class that was added 4 expansions in you can't expect them to just let you start wearing bloodfang or something like that. DKs complained back in wrath that it wasn't fair they couldn't use TBC sets you will just have to deal with it though I understand about the HWL gear maybe... Monks were not even a dream back in Vanilla can't expect something like that even.

This will almost never change 2 expansions from now if they add another class then the people that play it will cry out that there has been 6 expansions worth a tier sets they missed out on because there class can't wear them and its not fair!

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly though, pretty much all the monks set suck.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I honestly couldn't tell you why they keep things like the super old sets class locked, it's not like any Rogue can't just go buy it for almost free which kind of kills the exclusivity of it anyways.
    They help keep some class identity in the game, which is a a good thing, and it'd be extremely short-sighted to remove all the class restrictions from neat looking classic gear just to cater to one class because, yes, it's pretty retarded seeing rogues run around in druid tier 3. I can understand monks needing PvP sets for 60-85, but they should just be re-colors, if anything, not be sets that can be shared. Why would you want to buy rogue gear, anyway? You wouldn't be able to benefit from the set bonuses.
    Look! Words!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They help keep some class identity in the game, which is a a good thing, and it'd be extremely short-sighted to remove all the class restrictions from neat looking classic gear just to cater to one class because, yes, it's pretty retarded seeing rogues run around in druid tier 3. I can understand monks needing PvP sets for 60-85, but they should just be re-colors, if anything, not be sets that can be shared. Why would you want to buy rogue gear, anyway? You wouldn't be able to benefit from the set bonuses.
    They just could give them old set bonuses monks laready have, I mean it is not that hard.

For me personally I can reconcile the lack of pre-MoP transmogs with having some of the best PvP transmogs of MoP.

The funny thing is, they've already retroactively changed some of the locked items, e.g. Warglaives, so I don't understand at this point why they wouldn't just unlock all previously locked items, since as someone else pointed out, there is very little exclusivity involved anymore. Any one of the classes can go solo old instances/raids for the gear, so it's not like seeing a rogue walking around in full bloodfang actually means anything anymore.

edit: i'm strictly speaking from an xmog perspective, I don't really care about set bonuses on lower level items.

they should just make a copy pasta of the other leather high warlord/rank 14 sets and add some monk buffs to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the GM told you to take it to MMO Champion if he directed you to the forums. You should have taken it to twitter or the WoW forums, they don't look here. Your pleas fall on deaf ears.

Deleted
    the only decent monk set in the game is tier 15.