Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What is this enemies stuff? The issue isn't that the US is targeting enemies, it's that they are targeting people who may not be enemies due to a lax drone use policy that means pretty much anybody qualifies as a potential enemy.

It sounds like you haven't actually watched the video, or read anything about US drone policy.
    What do you think is going on? Waves of thousands of drones roaming the countryside killing anything that moves?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    What do you think is going on? Waves of thousands of drones roaming the countryside killing anything that moves?
    What do you think is happening? It's obviously nothing like what is happening, as you have clearly demonstrated that you don't have a clue about the issue and haven't even listened to the US Government's whitewashed version of it - seriously, at least understand the official position before entering a debate and taking sides, at least then you'd be arguing from some sort of position and not just complete ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What do you think is happening? It's obviously nothing like what is happening, as you have clearly demonstrated that you don't have a clue about the issue and haven't even listened to the US Government's whitewashed version of it - seriously, at least understand the official position before entering a debate and taking sides, at least then you'd be arguing from some sort of position and not just complete ignorance.
    If we used F16s and dropped dumb 500lb bombs on people, this would be a non-issue. People aren't comfortable with drones because they are new and something out of science fiction. Even though F16s would kill like 10 times more people.

Realize too that we have a goal and killing civilians is counter productive.

So no, I don't think any of the military or the civilians involved are going to do anything that hurts the mission. People make mistakes all the time and I know the military does too.

What's surprising is the EU trusts us so little. You'd think we'd have a track record by now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    If we used F16s and dropped dumb 500lb bombs on people, this would be a non-issue. People aren't comfortable with drones because they are new and something out of science fiction. Even though F16s would kill like 10 times more people.

Realize too that we have a goal and killing civilians is counter productive.

So no, I don't think any of the military or the civilians involved are going to do anything that hurts the mission. People make mistakes all the time and I know the military does too.

What's surprising is the EU trusts us so little. You'd think we'd have a track record by now.
    For the love of God.

It has nothing to do with the use of drones. That you don't realise US policy is killing civilians and is counterproductive, despite people constantly telling you that is happening and you not even bothering to check what the official position is, which confirms that, means that everything you have typed was a waste of effort.

Your argument is based on what you want to be true, not on any basis in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If we weren't using drones we would just be bombing them to shit with conventional aircraft anyway
    That's not necessarily true. When you don't put any of your people at least, it's a lot easier to be cavalier about shit instead of being very careful and making sure every strike is justified, because when a pilot is shot down when he was sent on a mission with sketchy intelligence, that's not a place you want to be as their commanding officer.

This and many other things is why I hate do not understand the U.S. policy. The great point made by Oliver and what I have been saying since moron Bush's Iraq invasion is if it was some country bombing us with drones, we would not react the same. Look this is crazy, but when people in the Middle East come back by calling the U.S., terrorists, I somewhat agree.

If we the U.S. had say Russia, a country we particularly do not like for the most part and they indiscriminately bombed my neighbors home and maybe I receive collateral damage or someone I know gets killed. That action is not going to endure me much to that nation and probably would make me turn more militant to the nation and its people. Also since drones cannot be seen and heard for the most part and destruction seems to come out of nowhere, the point of the people calling the U.S. terrorists, does not seem far off to me either.

So yeah drone and drone strikes create more problems than they solve.