Daggers required weapons?

I had a friend tell me that rogues of all specs will be funneled by Blizzard to having daggers be the only viable weapon choice once WoD hits. Can anyone confirm? I've been playing combat since release and would feel really odd to MUST use daggers only.

Actually in WoD you may use whatever weapon you like for all rogue specs. Whatever your friend uses for his calculation is bound to be off and not a representation of what will go live since nothing is finished yet. However you'll always find someone who tells you that one or the other variant is 1% or 2% better so practically you have no choice... if you really think that such small numbers have a notable impact on the average player's DPS output (hint: they don't).
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Um, no?
    There was a build where combat was better with fast/slow, but they've adjusted the numbers so that is no longer the case.

Or perhaps your friend is confused about one of their early ideas about opening up more weapon options for Assassination(and making daggers not complete crap for Combat), but that would have been a noob trap so they scrapped it quite some time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination and Sub will be using daggers, Combat has bounced around which ideal weapon goes where, but will be using at least 1 slow weapon, guaranteed. See other WoD posts for details.