View Poll Results: Who was the best Star Trek villain?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Khan

14 29.17%
  • Lore

5 10.42%
  • Gul Dukat

14 29.17%
  • The Borg Queen

11 22.92%
  • Duras

1 2.08%
  • Other

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Who was the best Star Trek villain? (Not races, only characters)

I've limited the list of options to characters who made more-than-one appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

My choice was Gul Dukat. He's the best Star Trek villain in my opinion because he was both a persistent villain and a one-time hero on the show Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He was someone you hated, admired, felt sympathy for and then hated all over again through the course of the series.

7+ Year Old Account
    This poll really only needs one choice, because it's all anyone should pick.
    Khan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    This poll really only needs one choice, because it's all anyone should pick.
    Khan.
    While I agree that Khan is a great villain (particularly the original Ricardo Montalban version), he just wasn't as fleshed-out on screen as Gul Dukat was. To be fair, Khan only had two screen appearances (if you don't count the Eggs Benedict Cumber-bun version).

Gul' dukat, by far, is the best Star Trek villian ever created. He has a very interesting character and actual development (whereas Khan was just some badass guy who people only like because of his lines; not for who he was). Dukat shows several times that he not only was but could still be a force of good; but after the siege he willingly throws all he could've been away and chooses to be evil. He's also far more intimidating. Especially when he started the Pa-Wraith worship, his relations with Kira's mother... the "enlightenment."

- - - Updated - - -

Duras were an interesting set of side villains that came back every now and then, but they were never intended to be taken anywhere near as seriously as some of the other baddies.

Borg Queen had so much potential and showed a different, tantalizing side of the Borg in First Contact. But Voyager made her so fluffly and showed her so often that she lost her villainy factor.

Khan makes for a great fluff movie bad guy, but beyond that he's nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't go past the Borg Queen

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Q

#allgoodthings
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen all the Star Trek movies and watched most of Patrick Stewart's Star Trek. I still think Khan is by far the best and most memorable villain.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Q was and always will be the best villain even if its not really a hero or a villain Q was and is the best thing to fuck with the people.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Borg queen.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Btw you forgot Q on your list.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Gul' dukat, by far, is the best Star Trek villian ever created. He has a very interesting character and actual development (whereas Khan was just some badass guy who people only like because of his lines; not for who he was). Dukat shows several times that he not only was but could still be a force of good; but after the siege he willingly throws all he could've been away and chooses to be evil. He's also far more intimidating. Especially when he started the Pa-Wraith worship, his relations with Kira's mother... the "enlightenment."

- - - Updated - - -

Duras were an interesting set of side villains that came back every now and then, but they were never intended to be taken anywhere near as seriously as some of the other baddies.

Borg Queen had so much potential and showed a different, tantalizing side of the Borg in First Contact. But Voyager made her so fluffly and showed her so often that she lost her villainy factor.

Khan makes for a great fluff movie bad guy, but beyond that he's nothing.
    You're so wrong about Kahn. Even though he's not my choice, he's much worse than you make him out to be.

Deleted
    the borg queen

15+ Year Old Account
    The Redshirt.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Q

one of the best ideas in any series that has been on television.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Only seen Khan in anything so going with that since I am not a trekkie by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Q

#allgoodthings
    Only reason I left Q out was because he was only a "villain" in maybe his first two appearances. After that, he was a nuisance and even an ally.

Deleted
    I voted Khan, but would like to point out I mean the original and only true Khan You really should have 2 Khan options in the poll (although I do really like the new films as well)

The Borg!

Resistance is futile!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    So much this. Discounting the early on "space jews" aspect of DS9, Dukat seriously became a proper ass villain; from cold and calculating, to broken man after his daughter dies, to a complete fucking madman.

DS9 certainly had advantages in having such a wide story arc by comparison to the more episodic nature of TNG and Voyager.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Can't go past the Borg Queen
    Her reflexes are too fast, and she would catch you.