Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Rogue melee immune 30 sec? Broken....

Evasion + Glyph of Evasion + Preparation = 100% Dodge for 30 secs
    (These are Rogue skills and glyphs currently in game that at least in my knowledge aren't being deleted/modified in WoD)

In WoD classes are being looked over, but apparently this seems perfectly fine.

Rogues are probably going to say that no one never uses that glyph anyway because there are better alternatives and to that i have to say:
    Probably, but it is situational and preference but this still is broken as hell, and no class should be able to be melee immune for 30 secs.

Edit: Without this glyph Rogues still have 20sec melee immunity.

Deleted
    rogues can't dodge attacks from behind

there you go.

Deleted
    Thank you, warrior, for this post; but as you mentioned yourself, no one uses these glyphs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    rogues can't dodge attacks from behind

there you go.
    Yes, although this is true for all classes. And you usually don't fight a rogue from behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pondfreak View Post
    Thank you, warrior, for this post; but as you mentioned yourself, no one uses these glyphs.
    I actually have 9 lvl 90's and main a druid and don't see the relevance between what i play and the rogue tool kit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boubou View Post
    Yes, although this is true for all classes. And you usually don't fight a rogue from behind.
    You do if you're better than him. And if you're not, then his evasion won't count for much on account of him being behind you instead.

May the better player win.

7+ Year Old Account
    And i was thinking i had a bad time against 5 sec cloak of shadows. Good luck against that half-minute immune time.

Deleted
    In what scenario are we? Arena? BG?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    You do if you're better than him. And if you're not, then his evasion won't count for much on account of him being behind you instead.

I call bullshit on that, No way you can ever fight someone from behind for the entire fight, maybe you'll start it behind them, get behind them when they've been stunned, but with differences in latency, and with two people turning, you would never stay behind someone.
    Edit: To add, I'm talking about a fight with somewhat evenly geared people, obviously if you're 550 and go gank a newly dinged person the fight will be over before you know it, but if you're against anyone with similar gear who isn't afk, you won't stay behind them.
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2014-09-30 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Warriors can use Die by the Sword, Shieldwall, Intimidating Shout, Shockwave, Stormbolt and Glyph of Die by the Sword, Glyph of Shieldwall.
    That are 16 seconds stun/fear before DR and 20 seconds of not dying and then some.

It isn't melee immunity. There is what others have said about being behind. You also can't dodge while stunned and lots of classes can stun through evasion. There are also attacks that just can't be dodged.

This also pretty much only relevant in a duel. In arena / rbg you aren't going to want to blow everything at once like that because then they know you have absolutely nothing. One evasion is enough to survive your healer's cc chain.

Deleted
    If it was broken, people would actually bother to use it.

At least you have the chance to attack for 30s.

My usual encounter with a Rogue:

I usually get put in a Cheap Shot, at that I'll stand up, take my headset off, have a cheeky stretch and walk out the room to fill up the kettle. I'll put it on to boil, pop my head back whilst waiting to see if I'm dead yet, nope but I'm in a Kidney at 50%. I'll get out my favourite cup (one that says Mr Grumpy on it that my girlfriend bought), pour in a scoop of instant coffee and get the milk out the fridge. A quick glance at the computer shows I'm in a Paralytic Poison stun, so I chuckle to myself then fill up my cup with the freshly boiled water, add the milk, give it a stir and take a sip. Ahhhh. I'll sit back down at the computer, put my headset on, drink on the desk, a smile runs across my face as I realise the stun I happen to be in runs out in 2 seconds! Now's your time to face my wrath Rogue!!!!

Spoiler Alert: He just used Vanish and opened on me again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando, Florida. United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    At least you have the chance to attack for 30s.

My usual encounter with a Rogue:

I usually get put in a Cheap Shot, at that I'll stand up, take my headset off, have a cheeky stretch and walk out the room to fill up the kettle. I'll put it on to boil, pop my head back whilst waiting to see if I'm dead yet, nope but I'm in a Kidney at 50%. I'll get out my favourite cup (one that says Mr Grumpy on it that my girlfriend bought), pour in a scoop of instant coffee and get the milk out the fridge. A quick glance at the computer shows I'm in a Paralytic Poison stun, so I chuckle to myself then fill up my cup with the freshly boiled water, add the milk, give it a stir and take a sip. Ahhhh. I'll sit back down at the computer, put my headset on, drink on the desk, a smile runs across my face as I realise the stun I happen to be in runs out in 2 seconds! Now's your time to face my wrath Rogue!!!!

Spoiler Alert: He just used Vanish and opened on me again.
    How can you pvp if you don't know how to take care of a rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by boubou View Post
    Evasion + Glyph of Evasion + Preparation = 100% Dodge for 30 secs
    Any ranged stun negates all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    How can you pvp if you don't know how to take care of a rogue?

Never mind lol.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-09-30 at 09:34 AM.

Stun em and apply the beatdown with cooldowns for the time you have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    In what scenario are we? Arena? BG?
    In any PvP scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post

Ok, how do you (KEYWORD ---->) usually fight a rogue from behind, if your not a rogue yourself that is? In my experience the rogue usually fights me from behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Warriors can use Die by the Sword, Shieldwall, Intimidating Shout, Shockwave, Stormbolt and Glyph of Die by the Sword, Glyph of Shieldwall.
    That are 16 seconds stun/fear before DR and 20 seconds of not dying and then some.
    So, what has this to do with the topic? You'r talking about warrior cc/defensive's , this topic is about one of the rogues defensive cd's (Evasion) that obviously is op.

Bullshit post?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Newsflash! No one, at least pvpers worth their salt will use that, you'll miss out on too much damage / other resources ...so yeah.
    Go tank Illidan again, lols idk.

If the rogue has evasion up and he's meleeing you in the face, he won't be doing nearly any damage. Hemo hits like a noodle. And if you're just standing there hammering someone with 100% dodge in the face and not kiting, perhaps you're getting what you deserve.

The time a good rogue spends attacking you from the front and not kiting to land a restealth so he can stab you in the back instead is minimal. I don't think anyone who's had some sort of experience in rated pvp will feel that evasion is a big thing.