Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want it so recount shows MY information at the top in the little window, despite where I may be in the rankings. I don't keep the window any larger than showing the top 5, so if I take a glance at it, and I happen to be 6th in damage, I can't even see my own without scrolling.

Like if I was 6th, and it only showed 5 in the window, it would show mine (6th), then the top four below, that way I can take a glance and see if I am close or just getting blown away.

Omen does basically that, shows MY info at the top so I can always see it despite where I actually am in the rankings, but if Recount has a setting that allows the same, I can't seem to find it.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2014-10-03 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestexe View Post
    mifuyne and woogs - thanks.
    fuxiedk - I strongly suspect that removing recount from the game might actually improve the LFR / LFG experience - not the entire wow experience, just the LFG/LFR bit. Do you really think your average LFR/LFG player actively uses recount / skada / whatever to work out his mistakes and improve, or even knows how to? Some i'm sure do, but the majority? Either way, as it seems it's impossible it doesn't matter anymore.
    Reccount is used to see how much better i am then the rest of the scrubs in my grps or raids coulden't care less about the other features on it other then dmg done/healing done

As i'm a author of a damage meter addon, i get this kind of question frequently, almost all the time the answer is the same: use the meters to judge yourself before others start judging you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I just want it so recount shows MY information at the top in the little window, despite where I may be in the rankings. I don't keep the window any larger than showing the top 5, so if I take a glance at it, and I happen to be 6th in damage, I can't even see my own without scrolling.

Like if I was 6th, and it only showed 5 in the window, it would show mine (6th), then the top four below, that way I can take a glance and see if I am close or just getting blown away.

Omen does basically that, shows MY info at the top so I can always see it despite where I actually am in the rankings, but if Recount has a setting that allows the same, I can't seem to find it.
    Use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tatistics.html for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    mifuyne and woogs - thanks.
    fuxiedk - I strongly suspect that removing recount from the game might actually improve the LFR / LFG experience - not the entire wow experience, just the LFG/LFR bit. Do you really think your average LFR/LFG player actively uses recount / skada / whatever to work out his mistakes and improve, or even knows how to? Some i'm sure do, but the majority? Either way, as it seems it's impossible it doesn't matter anymore.
    "Removing Recount" would accomplish exactly nothing. Recount doesn't DO anything. All it does is grab information from the combat log, and organize it into a more readable format. Even without an addon you can still clearly see everything in the combat log. And Recount isn't the only addon that does this, there are MANY more.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    "Removing Recount" would accomplish exactly nothing. Recount doesn't DO anything. All it does is grab information from the combat log, and organize it into a more readable format. Even without an addon you can still clearly see everything in the combat log. And Recount isn't the only addon that does this, there are MANY more.
    There are also external tools like World of Logs/Warcraft Logs and I am sure people would write their own if there were not.

Damage meters are not going away.
    The best we can do is as a community encourage more constructive use of them, instead of epeen flexing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Hi everyone. I'm not really that literate regarding wow's addons, and i wanted to ask someone more knowledgeable then myself if it would be possible to design an add-on for wow that is basically blocking other people's damage meters from getting my information?
    I find damage meters to be a useful tool for personal development, letting you know what you do well, and where you fail. They're an even more useful tool for raid leaders, letting them know what mistakes are made, who keeps standing in fire, etc. However, I've been involved / watched so many useless arguments pop up in random heroics or LFR, or seen so many requests to "link dmg pls, I'm so good I want you all to see it but I don't wanna seem like I'm bragging" that I would like the option to remove myself from the issue completely when I find myself in environments likely to become toxic.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    I would bet this is the most civil you have been all week.
    No you cannot slack in LFR.

You are asking for a tool that allows your actions to be invisible to other players, which actually requires something more along the lines of actually hacking the game. Im sure one such hack exists and is well guarded by only a few players, and not being used in something as trivial as hiding your damage.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-10-09 at 12:38 AM.
    Chronomancer Club