Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    How is seeing and keeping in touch with the "Plan B" guy not cheating?
    We don't live in some ultra conservative religious society. Women are aloud to talk to men other than their husband. Its not cheating unless they take it beyond friendship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Although if the guy she needs isnt what you fundamentally are, dumb that crazy chick. Girls shouldn't try to change men beyond superficial stuff like "please dont smoke..."
    I hear that. Basically, it should be known pretty early on what both people are looking for in a person. If he ideas of a mate do not fit who you are, you are likely in the wrong relationship. but if you entered it as what she wants, but decline into something she isn't interested in, then she very well may leave you for someone else.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    "Other study finds that men have a plan B C D E F G Girl and rarely get in a relationship with plan A"
    Do you have a link to this study you just made up? No, ok then.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Cheating necessitates that the relationship has been defined, and that some kind of rule has been broken. The only rule in an exclusive relationship that comes with it by default is sexual fidelity. Like, good luck, in the 21st century if you expect your woman to not have male friends. That's just fucked up.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    We don't live in some ultra conservative religious society. Women are aloud to talk to men other than their husband. Its not cheating unless they take it beyond friendship.
    And being on the "plan B" spot is just a "friendship"?

Did you even read the article?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the reason. EMotionally cheating is absolutely a thing, but if the bf is not going to be there for me when I need to deal with emotional crpa in my life, a really good friend is going to be the next on the list which for me, is typically a guy cause girls can be weirdly bitchy. Cept tiili, cause she;s awesome

Deleted
    jesus....what whores ...

The top three threads right now are about women being scawy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Cheating necessitates that the relationship has been defined, and that some kind of rule has been broken. The only rule in an exclusive relationship that comes with it by default is sexual fidelity. Like, good luck, in the 21st century if you expect your woman to not have male friends. That's just fucked up.

I have no idea why people think that's the argument. If someone is a "backup" plan, there's some emotional connection in a relationship context there. In a way, placing it on reserve is kind of cheating out on the committed relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the reason. EMotionally cheating is absolutely a thing, but if the bf is not going to be there for me when I need to deal with emotional crpa in my life, a really good friend is going to be the next on the list which for me, is typically a guy cause girls can be weirdly bitchy. Cept tiili, cause she;s awesome
    Then why not just break off the relationship before going to the "plan B" if one is so unhappy?

A lot of this is textbook rationalization for cheating women. "She couldn't help it. She's so stressed and the man isn't doing x"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Other study finds that men have a plan B C D E F G Girl and rarely get in a relationship with plan A"
    Link? I'm sure you have one since you know the study.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why people think that's the argument. If someone is a "backup" plan, there's some emotional connection in a relationship context there. In a way, placing it on reserve is kind of cheating out on the committed relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why not just break off the relationship before going to the "plan B" if one is so unhappy?

A lot of this I textbook rationalization for cheating women. "She couldn't help it. She's so stressed and the man isn't doing x"
    Can only speak for myself, but because I was still trying my damnedest to work it out. Im just a bit confused if i told the same kind of things to my psychologist, its not cheating, but to another dude its cheating?

Except that "True love" is some bullshit fairytale garbage that doesn't actually exist.

It's possible to have feelings for mutliple people at once. And voila, most people do. And most people fortunately have the decency not to act on those feelings when they are in an exclusive relationship with somebody else.

And yeah, these feelings will probably ultimately undermine the relationship in the future. But that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    If the relationship with the "plan b" is solely to cultivate a deeper relationship n the future I do not see how it is not cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Do you have a link to this study you just made up? No, ok then.
    I can find you a link that says 'study says exactly what you want to hear' about any topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can only speak for myself, but because I was still trying my damnedest to work it out. Im just a bit confused if i told the same kind of things to my psychologist, its not cheating, but to another dude its cheating?
    If you're actively seeking out substitutes, I wouldn't call it "doing your dardnest". And even if it were, there's certain extents to that sentiment that can carry harm for the person trying to make it work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    If the relationship with the "plan b" is solely to cultivate a deeper relationship n the future I do not see how it is not cheating.
    So a man flirting with another woman is also cheating? Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Except that "True love" is some bullshit fairytale garbage that doesn't actually exist.

It's possible to have feelings for mutliple people at once. And voila, most people do. And most people fortunately have the decency not to act on those feelings when they are in an exclusive relationship with somebody else.

And yeah, these feelings will probably ultimately undermine the relationship in the future. But that's life.
    I'm not presuming Fairy Tale love exists. When putting someone at that level, you are acting out on your feelings outside the boundaries of the relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're actively seeking out substitutes, I wouldn't call it "doing your dardnest". And even if it were, there's certain extents to that sentiment that can carry harm for the person trying to make it work.
    I guess it depends. I think relying on friends isnt a bad thing. If they happen to be guys shouldn't suddenly change things.

As Ive said, Im more than likely guilty of it myself, but the alternative was always wallow in my depression until my next dr appointment. Well, or break up but you'd be amazed how hard that can be

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can find you a link that says 'study says exactly what you want to hear' about any topic.

Don't be shy then. I want to see this.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Well then how bout you find that study instead of muckin up the topic with your pointless posts.