Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Stop being a pussy, does it hurt your feelings so much being killed by another player? seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    yep a pvper in tears because h wont be able to gank anyone anymore. cant go stealth on a mob and hope when they loot it they click on them or get in someone's aoe so they get flagged and gank them.
    wait pvpers might actually have to fight someone prepared for a fight?
    say it aint so?

- - - Updated - - -

or if you want to pvp go to a pvp server or battle ground.
    don't gank people for the easy kill that is all you are doing.
    now crying because you cant anymore boo-hoo
    Jesus Christ did you even read any of my posts? Go read them and then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Can't really say that when you're talking about his way being removed in favor of yours.
    Right-clicking a tab on your character frame, when and where you want to, is much easier than avoiding all of your AOE heals, AOE procs, cleave attacks, etc.

I distinctly remember an incident when I was leveling my first character in Zangarmarsh. I accidentally pulled a bunch of those little Feralfen swamp guys and was AOEing them down when a rogue popped up in the group and I inadvertently flagged myself. I then spent the next 20 minutes getting ganked over and over by a player who clearly outclassed me in skill and gear before I finally gave up and logged out for weeks. Imagine how irritating that can be to a new player who hasn't had or doesn't want any PVP experience.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I play on Emerald Dream-US, and every time I turn around WPvP is happening and I love it thus why I transferred. To the dude saying watch what you attack... that is a damn joke and you know it. People who don't sign up for the PvP experience shouldn't be unwillingly subjected to it, because lots of abilities have AoE components.
    Tldr, grow up and get on a PvP realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Targesh View Post
    Stop being a pussy, does it hurt your feelings so much being killed by another player? seriously.
    2300 ranked player with 200k+ HKs here, and there are plenty of times I don't want to deal with PVP. Maybe I want to level a lowbie, or play a character that I don't PVP with. Ride around and gather ore. Doesn't matter, because PVE servers exist to give people the option to PVP or not. The inadvertent flagging issue is something that should have been addressed long ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could spawn bosses on you randomly while you level, AFK, etc. Just another example of time wasted and not enjoyed for people who don't want to engage in PVP & Blizzard develops the game to suit wide tastes (this is the vast majority, by the way).
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    It's in beta and it's fucking annoying as well. For example, I was stood outside Org on a Horde char. Some Alliance Rogue comes and duel-ganks someone. I go to hit them but... wait... no, what? I can't do anything. Neither can the other group of Hordies just stood there looking at the Rogue wondering why they're doing nothing.

Can't hit them unless I manually enable it, all because a bunch of whiners can't help right clicking on other players or mashing buttons with their eyes closed or don't know how to change tab (default) from enemy to enemy NPC. I've never been forcefully tagged by another player, I've played healers, chars where I can button mash and auto target at ranged (Hunters), and I've had people run around me and stand on NPCs and mobs. Nope. Because you can avoid it.

I'm sure I'll get used to it after I manually enable it on all my chars though, because why not change something that's been in the game since the start and has been working fine.
    So if I'm reading it right, you are whining about whiners as well as whining about the fact that it will take 2 clicks to flag yourself.

"Clicking my portrait and flagging myself is too hard!"

I dunno, seems like what you are whining about is easier to do than what you are whining that other players are whining about. Click-click-done. Not seeing the problem there.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I love the change!

I don't know how many times I've been accidentally flagged. I try to be careful but there are times that you just can't, or it isn't feasible to.

Let's say there's a rare on Timeless Isle being killed, and you're running running running towards it on your mount and you see it is at 50%......40%......30%..... you quickly tab to get anything on that mob because you know you have exactly 3 seconds to do so (not always enough time to manually carefully click its nameplate) and....

You accidentally get some butthead who was flagged instead of the mob. Every stinking time. Pre-6.0, I'd almost accuse the game of prioritizing flagged players over mobs with the tab-targeting function because it seems that when you hit Tab, you always got flagged players First.

And of course these players can NEVER leave you alone, even though it is very OBVIOUS that it was an accident (an accident they purposefully tried to get to happen) and they will never let you get away with it, ever.

And then, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the countless trolls using the PvP system to grief PvE players by parking huge mounts ontop of NPCs, landing ontop of ore/herb nodes that you're trying to gather hoping you'll accidentally click them (since Ore/herb nodes do not have nameplates), quest objects, blah blah blah.

I'm glad we FINALLY got Blizz to see the griefing problem and nip it in the bud.

Now all of the pathetic losers using PvP to grief can go whine in a corner, and we PvE players can enjoy our PvE realms with the occasional player who wanted to save his friend who INTENTIONALLY flagged and got himself killed but was unable to do so because he couldn't type /pvp fast enough and/or didn't use a hotkey to do the same.

If you INTENTIONALLY flag and get yourself killed, well....

That'll learn you to flag in WPvP (which everybody knows is unbalanced and unfair as all heck).

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I wish I could spawn bosses on you randomly while you level, AFK, etc. Just another example of time wasted and not enjoyed for people who don't want to engage in PVP & Blizzard develops the game to suit wide tastes (this is the vast majority, by the way).
    That was called Deathwing. I recall quite a few people complaining about him too. I thought it was nifty the first couple of times it happened to me, after that it was a minor annoyance.

Doesn't hurt my feelings. I enjoy doing battlegrounds on most of my alts. I think with the overwhelming CC being addressed, I'll enjoy being killed by another player even more than I do already.

What I find annoying, however, is someone else deciding when I need to PVP. That's why I rolled onto a carebear server and will likely never go back to a PVP realm. That way I get to choose when to PVP and not have to worry about shelving half my abilities when a flagged player is running around nearby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That was called Deathwing. I recall quite a few people complaining about him too. I thought it was nifty the first couple of times it happened to me, after that it was a minor annoyance.
    Pretty much this. This first couple times I'm ganked, it's not a big deal. When I'm camped/grief'd it gets old really quickly. As it turns out, I do not find it compelling gameplay to get killed over and over by a bored max level character - crazy as that sounds.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Deleted
    I love ganking low levels in redridge,darkshire and STV Its the whole reason i play on a pvp server. (Well that and all the best PVE servers are actually PVP servers.)

I PvE primarily with the occasional mess around on a PvP server. It's just a joke that this was even changed. There's no reason not to complain about this because it's not live, either. It's on Beta/PTR and it's obviously not going to change between now and 2 weeks time.

If I'm on my PvE server and somehow a friend gets involved in some PvP, I want to run in there and help like anyone would. Why put in such an annoying feature that basically makes you stand around useless until you enable it, when you can keep it as it is and let people who 100% never want to PvP just open their eyes when they are playing the game?
    Blame the people who camped their mammoths on important quest givers with PvP enabled on PvE servers.

Also, the problem could be solved easily by having 3 settings:
    1: I don't ever want to be flagged
    2: Autoflag if attempting to attack a player, disable after the fight
    3: Flagged
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    So if I'm reading it right, you are whining about whiners as well as whining about the fact that it will take 2 clicks to flag yourself.

"Clicking my portrait and flagging myself is too hard!"

I dunno, seems like what you are whining about is easier to do than what you are whining that other players are whining about. Click-click-done. Not seeing the problem there.
    Lets break it down so it's simple, okay:

Make devs waste time adding a new feature that wastes seconds for PvPers, where it actually matters, or just have people not be blind and watch what they are doing? Think about that for a few seconds. Seriously. Just think about it.

I'll reiterate because people who ignore half the posts seem to forget - I PvE mainly, not PvP. I do have characters on both PvE and PvP servers for when I feel like doing either. I still think it's a stupid feature that isn't needed. When playing my PvE server I've never once been flagged by someone trying to trick me because I'm not stupid enough to right click that big mammoth on top of a vendor, no, instead I can easily shift+v and click the nameplate, or zoom in and click the NPC - which also works if it's just someone trying to stand on your loot. Watch your cursor icon, is it swords? Don't click. Is it the cogwheel or ? then yay you'll be fine!

Oh your friend has PvP on? And you want to heal him but don't want to get flagged? First of all why is that person even tagged? The person you're grouped with is clearly wanting to do some PvP, so why are you in group with them if you don't. Either way the answer is just don't heal him. If you're in the world there's nothing that can even kill you unless you're simply not watching your screen. Again this brings up the point, why make a whole new feature just because people aren't watching what they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Blame the people who camped their mammoths on important quest givers with PvP enabled on PvE servers.

And you can easily get past the person on the mammoth if you actually look at what you are doing, see above. But yes, the setting would be the best option but we know what Blizzard is like.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-10-01 at 12:41 PM.

Make devs waste time adding a new feature that wastes seconds for PvPers, where it actually matters, or just have people not be blind and watch what they are doing?

I'll reiterate because people who ignore half the posts seem to forget - I PvE mainly, not PvP. I still think it's a stupid feature that isn't needed. I've never once been flagged by someone trying to trick me because I'm not stupid enough to right click that big mammoth on top of a vendor, no, instead I can easily shift+v and click the nameplate, or zoom in and click the NPC if it's just someone trying to stand on your loot.

Oh your friend has PvP on? And you want to heal him but don't want to get flagged? First of all why is that person even tagged? The person you're grouped with is clearly wanting to do some PvP, so why are you in group with them if you don't. Either way the answer is just don't heal him. If you're in the world there's nothing that can even kill you unless you're simply not watching your screen. Again this brings up the point, why make a whole new feature just because people aren't watching what they are doing?
    I love how you refer to not getting flagged for PVP when you have intentionally not-flagged for it a "feature".

~ Daryl Davis

It is quite funny how "hardcore", "bigger than life" PvP-ers play on PvE server.

Oh, the irony....

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    That or an option in the combat tab like "Auto-Flag on Cast", which is what we have now. That way all the people who don't care for situational awareness and simply use tab target to hit things, instead of paying attention can go on without a care in the world and those of us who actually pay attention and don't get caught out can keep things as they are.

Make devs waste time adding a new feature that wastes seconds for PvPers, where it actually matters, or just have people not be blind and watch what they are doing?
    Sometimes you don't have TIME to watch what you're doing. Like the Timeless Isle Rare example I posted above, or how about situations in which Blizz loves to make you fight 5-6 mob groups in solo PvE questing (MoP was lousy for this)? You need to tab-target that healer NPC, but wait, you got this idiot on a mount hopping around.

Are you seriously telling me that I should have to stop what I'm doing in the middle of combat to carefully click a nameplate because of some idiot trying to grief me? I should have to change everything I'm doing because of some idiot?

Screw that.

I'll reiterate because people who ignore half the posts seem to forget - I PvE mainly, not PvP. I still think it's a stupid feature that isn't needed. I've never once been flagged by someone trying to trick me because I'm not stupid enough to right click that big mammoth on top of a vendor, no, instead I can easily shift+v and click the nameplate, or zoom in and click the NPC if it's just someone trying to stand on your loot.
    Show me the shift+v nameplate on herb/mining nodes.

Go ahead, I'm waiting.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Make devs waste time adding a new feature that wastes seconds for PvPers, where it actually matters, or just have people not be blind and watch what they are doing? Think about that for a few seconds. Seriously. Just think about it.
    Why build handrails on bridges? People just have to "not fall off". They won't if they aren't blind and watch where they are going.

/rolleyes
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
    I love ganking low levels in redridge,darkshire and STV Its the whole reason i play on a pvp server. (Well that and all the best PVE servers are actually PVP servers.)
    That's the one part I miss about my old PVP servers (in bold).

~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Why build handrails on bridges? People just have to "not fall off". They won't if they aren't blind and watch where they are going.

/rolleyes

^^
    LOL.

Nice one.