Deleted

Looking to buy an Xbox One

I'm looking to buy an Xbox One preferably with 1TB hard drive but I refuse to pay an extra £100 at Game for one. £429 Games asking price.

Does anyone think MS will bring out a 1TB as standard or a new slim line model soon? I wouldn't mind waiting till early next year.

Thanks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-upgrade-guide

google other than that I have no idea about consoles.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it took sony and microsft about 2years+ to make variations of the 360 and ps3. u gona wait a while.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I'd just get an external. Much easier to swap between should you eventually fill it up with digital games/DLC etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd just get an external. Much easier to swap between should you eventually fill it up with digital games/DLC etc.
    Pretty much this, the amount MS will charge for their space will probably not beat a separate external drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not soon, no.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I wouldn't be running Xbox One games off a external drive personally, the system already has the longest load times of the 3 next gen systems. Adding the USB 2.0 throttle on top of it, yea I'd pass. The games are designed to be ran off the internal HDD, you can't even play them until they are installed outside of minor demos. Sounds like asking for trouble to stick a game on a external, if they where meant to be streamed off discs that would be one thing, but they aren't.

Dunno why MS decided to be difficult again with HDDs. You can put a damn SSD in the PS4 and it improves load times by a metric fuck ton.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-10-01 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I wouldn't be running Xbox One games off a external drive personally, the system already has the longest load times of the 3 next gen systems. Adding the USB 2.0 throttle on top of it, yea I'd pass. The games are designed to be ran off the internal HDD, you can't even play them until they are installed outside of minor demos. Sounds like asking for trouble to stick a game on a external, if they where meant to be streamed off discs that would be one thing, but they aren't.

Dunno why MS decided to be difficult again with HDDs. You can put a damn SSD in the PS4 and it improves load times by a metric fuck ton.
    Have fun watching the SSD burn out because the ps4 doesnt support trim.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2014-10-01 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It's called a hyrbid SSD drive, where you lose almost no speed vs a true HDD. We're in 2014, not 2010. I didn't think I needed to clarify.

This has to be the worst attempt at spin I have ever seen from you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-10-01 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

According to some tests, the XB1 is slower when it comes to powering on and a snail when it comes to installs. But loading screen wise, it beats the PS4 for most games tested (might be a few that it loses on, very possible). Even Destiny showed faster loading times but that might be due to server performance.

This redit post didn't even show that much of a jump when it comes to the SSD upgrade further leading me to believe that Destiny loading is more bottle-necked by server connection.

Oh and here you cans ee that getting an external drive can actually improve the load times compared to the stock drive. Not everything is as black and white as you make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Good luck with burning out a modern SSD without doing some insane shit.
    http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4178...nal-conclusion
    The only issue you'd have without TRIM is drops in write speed, which for gaming doesn't matter. It's read spead which in turn means loading speed that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just pick up the XBone while they have bundled deals going out. They are releasing the White Xbox One fairly soon. (None of the bundles come with kinect, it's not a necessity)
    Like everyone else says you can just snag an external & run off of that. & you could put a 2 TB External (The space goes fast if you're not conservative). Been meaning to get one for mine too actually...

Whichever you decide goodluck.
    & All Hail Xbone