Thread: Guardian CMs

Guardian CMs

Any experienced Guardian Druids with Gold CMs?

I have 5 classes 9/9 gold and looking to take my Druid through next. Is guardian basically swipe thrash spam for AoE aggro and using avoidance rage dumps? What sort of talent/glyph choices do you like?

I tanked on both a Pally and DK 9/9 but it seems at first glance guardian has less tools at its disposal so I'm looking to be enlightened.

did all of them with my bear but we had a bis disci supportin us.
    only glyph really needed is maul. I used crit gems and played it with DoC and SoF.
    Had a really easy time.. not as easy as with my dk though.

You can't be as crazy as a Guardian as you are on say, a BrM or Paladin. But it's still easily doable since we have really high low-vengeance damage (which means really high boss DPS).

Glyphs: Maul, Stampeding Roar, and some 3rd glyph (I run Faerie Fire right now).
    Always prioritize Savage Defense.
    Use Barkskin early and often.
    Make sure you stagger SI and MoU.
    Don't be afraid to kite if you have to (Typhoon).

I did them all on my guardian, and I can say it's not the easiest ride. We suffered on some specific bosses bcz the way guardians are, but we did it, u have to play perfect. Can't miss any CD or have a misstep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it as Guardian on my druid, wasn't hard at all. After my healer got really comfortable healing them, I didn't even use Savage Defense anymore on easy packs, just spamming maul on CD. Their ability to cooldown stack makes the worst pulls easy, and with typhoon and vortex, gimmick pulls, kiting and AOE interrupts are ezpz.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    - Offensive CDs (DMG) are pretty good (Incarnation for single target mangle-spam or AoE Thrashx1 -> swipe spam) and Berserk. I used mainly NV. Only used HoTW for Lilian Voss in order to DPS in catform.

- prio on trash should be Savage Defense

- you lack some utility, which really unnerved me at times. I mostly thought how much easier it would have been on a monk. I used Mighty Bash in dungeons where another interrupt on trash was useful. The most difficult parts were for me the neutral hozen packs in the brewery and the pulls behind rattlegore in scholomance. I had to make wide use of Typhoon, Ursols Vortex and Symbiosis - Ice Trap on these packs, in order to kite effectively. I don't think you can hope to tank these packs on a guardian (or any tank, as you'll know from your own experience, but kiting was pretty hard for me withouth the AoE stun-tools of other classes).

All in all getting 9/9 was pretty okay doable, regarding that our group mainly consisted of pvpers and 2 guys with experience in CMs, that told the rest what to do. My shaman healer didn't have much problems healing me, only when i messed up a pull.

- vortex is also useful for the blue ghosts in the scarlet monastery graveyard.
    - glyphs: i used maul, faerie fire and fae silence
    - talents: feral charge, vortex/bash, NV or HoTW. DoC if you don't have a combat rezz. you can still get gold if someone dies.
    - probably not worth mentioning, but always thrash first, then swipe. i had to remind myself of this because i didn't tank that much on my druid until then
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2014-10-01 at 11:52 AM.

Btw just to mention it, I had a really really positive experience on CMs using Force of Nature Talent. I'd say it was the most useful talent for me to do the CMs.

My hardest parts were:
    - Rattlegore trash
    - Wing Leader Ner'onok adds at 1st shield
    - Some Parts of the Mogushan palace 1st wave of trash

Those gave me a hard time

What are the stat priorities for Guardian for CM? Same as usual with Agi>Stam?

- Rattlegore trash
    Wat. I'm assuming you mean pulling it here? The trash itself is dead easy with Zerk/NV spam and rolling CDs since you don't need them again until after Rattle.

- Wing Leader Ner'onok adds at 1st shield
    This is always going to depend on how good/bad the rest of your group is at bombs. Easier if they're good at bombs and you wait for the bombs to start appearing before running in. Harder if not.

- Some Parts of the Mogushan palace 1st wave of trash
    Largely depends on how much melee you have. Harder if you have more melee. Easier if you don't.

What are the stat priorities for Guardian for CM? Same as usual with Agi>Stam?
    Crit. Crit. Crit. Crit.