Windwalker using Brewmaster T16 pieces?

Hey, so I have been seriously wanting to pick up WW, and I was wondering if I can simply reforge, regem and enchant my current T16 pieces from my BrM sets to use in my WW until I replace them and be simply ignoring the set bonuses? My GS is 551, and most of the gear is interchangeable but my biggest concern was the T16 pieces. I have the chest, gloves and legs currently. Chest is LFR, gloves and legs are normal upgraded 4 of course. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance!

If you'd like to armory me my Monks name is Azenoth on Stormrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker 4 set isn't exactly a huge dps increase (can be a loss if you don't play with it right, and waste chi). Many brewmaster set pieces are itemized quite well for WW, as long as you managed to get the WW 2 set there should be no issue in using BrM pieces! (chest/helm/legs) are all good if I remember correctly.
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

The 2pc is worth a lot. Upwards of 5% of your damage on pure single target fights, so equipping (or getting) the 2pc should be a top priority for you. The 4pc is only worth a percent or two and should be used unless you have warforged items with more favorable secondary stats.

In total, you're missing out on 7% or so of your damage by not using the proper tier for your spec. Can you use BrM tier gear in WW? Yes. Should you expect to do great damage? It won't be horrible, but you could do a lot more.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-09-30 at 10:17 PM.

It also kind of doesn't matter too much since T16 is guaranteed-obsolete in 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by VVTLIGuy View Post
    Hey, so I have been seriously wanting to pick up WW, and I was wondering if I can simply reforge, regem and enchant my current T16 pieces from my BrM sets to use in my WW until I replace them and be simply ignoring the set bonuses? My GS is 551, and most of the gear is interchangeable but my biggest concern was the T16 pieces. I have the chest, gloves and legs currently. Chest is LFR, gloves and legs are normal upgraded 4 of course. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance!

If you'd like to armory me my Monks name is Azenoth on Stormrage.
    I'm in the same boat. I have the full 4 piece tank set and all my gear stat set to tank. I just switch to WW and I still put good DPS out. My haste is a bit low but my Crit is close to 60%. I only have tank gear (554) and was thinking of just re-stat it all to the WW dps but dont want to pay the gold.