Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    S'all good dude. I used to be one of the people who felt LFR was required.. specifically during MOP.

With all the changes to how the loot works with it and the distribution of iLevels being adjusted a bit.. I'm seriously failing to see how it's required at all, really, for anyone who's a raider anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. It's literally:

Questing>Normal Dungeons/Apexis Gear>Heroic Dungeons/Apexis Gear>LFR/Normal Raids>Heroic Raids>Mythic raids.

Obviously cut LFR out if you're a Normal mode and so forth raider. You get the picture.

Its actually:
    Questing gear > normal 5s/start apexis 655 > lfr from cmode early on (LFR otherwise)> 3 pieces of crafted > heroic 5 mans 636+wf/sockets/apexis 655 > "normal raids" > "heroic raids" > mythic
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Isn't the progression meant to be:

Everyone: Questing -> Dungeons (pre-100)
    Non-raiders: Level 100 -> Level 100 Normal Dungeons -> LFR/Heroic Dungeons
    Raiders: Level 100 -> Level 100 Normal Dungeons -> Level 100 Heroic Dungeons -> WoD Normal (MoP Flex) -> WoD Heroic (MoP Normal) -> WoD Mythic (MoP Heroic)

With premade groups being able to skip Level 100 Normal Dungeons if they want to.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear progression is odd in WoD. The heroic 5-mans are just as faceroll as the MoP heroic 5-mans, just with arbitrary requirements to do them.

Lfr opens after normal and heroic for the raid in question. Any really serious raider will have cleared normal and heroic (and been eligible for loot in both) before lfr opens. Lfr does not include really nice/interesting trinkets. Lfr does not include any tier. It is not included in the intended progression path of anyone who clears heroic dungeons (written in blue... and blue does get to state their own intent).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Lfr opens after normal and heroic for the raid in question. Any really serious raider will have cleared normal and heroic (and been eligible for loot in both) before lfr opens. Lfr does not include really nice/interesting trinkets. Lfr does not include any tier. It is not included in the intended progression path of anyone who clears heroic dungeons (written in blue... and blue does get to state their own intent).
    That's a pipe dream though. The LFR crowd will easily be able to and will run heroic dungeons if there's any reason to, and currently it doesn't appear there is any reason to run them more than a handful of times.

Do normals b4 heroics. Im pretty sure its always been like that if you dont get lucky drops or craft any gear.

On release, 2 weeks into the game iLvL for min maxers should be around 634 more or less. This is doable by crafting the epic gear from proffessions, you can wear up to 3 and it takes 10 days (doing dailys and not missing 1 day) per item.

Also remember the Molten Core 40 man that blizzard is doing for the anniversary, gives you a 640ilvl head piece. And lastly the Legendary quest gives you the 640 ring. And lets not forget the Inscriptioning trinkets.

That makes 5 pieces 640ilvl, about 3 weeks into the game. And i have also read in the forums that you can get 640ilvl gear from world drops, getting gold in world events and stuff.

So it shouldn't be too much trouble getting geared for Normal Raiding (630ilvl requirement) as long as you play everyday for a few hours, nothing too crazy, just gotta be efficient.

7+ Year Old Account
    as I understand the progression is this: Get to 100 -> do normal dungeons -> pass the Silver Challenge of the Proving Grounds -> heroic dungeons.

EDIT: You can get better ilvl items thanks to professions and stuff like that, but Proving Grounds is 100% needed for heroic dungeons, as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by frangeek; 2014-10-01 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's a pipe dream though. The LFR crowd will easily be able to and will run heroic dungeons if there's any reason to, and currently it doesn't appear there is any reason to run them more than a handful of times.
    Heroic dungeon gear can be Warforged. So I imagine it'll be run quite a bit before raids open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.