Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest to Hardest CM dungeons?

We recently formed a group and got one of our golds today, but started to notice that some dungeons were harder than others. I was curious as to what were the easiest and hardest to you guys so perhaps we could knockout the easier ones first and get some experience doing them before spending a lot of time on the harder ones. SSB was somewhat difficult for us.

As a 11x9/9 gold player - It's really a perspective look.

But, Seige > SSB, Could be the hard ones, even MSP in there as well. MSP > Seige > SSB?.

Easiest, hard to say as so many of em seem to be equal to me. Only 2 i would wait with are the Stormstout brewery and Mogu'shan palace.
    I guess the easiest is gate of the setting sun, but as i said, they are really not that difficult except for the ssb and msp

- - - Updated - - -

all said and done without information about your setup its hard to say what would be hard and what not.

Deleted
    In my experience it goes :
    Gate of the Setting Sun - Scarlet Halls - Scholomance - Temple of Jade Serpent - Scarlet Monastery - Mogu'shan Palace - Shado-pan Monastery - Siege of Niuzao - Stormstout Brewery.

Gate first? In my experience, it's one of the harder ones. For me personally, from easiest to hardest they'd probably go something like:
    Jade Serpent > Scholomance > Mogu'shan Palace > Siege of Niuzao > Scarlet Halls > Gate of the Setting Sun > Shado-pan Monastery > Stormstout Brewery > Scarlet Monastery

That's my experience as a hunter and holy pally.

1. Scholo
    2. Gate of Setting Sun
    3. Scarlet Halls
    4. Scarlet Monastery
    5. Shado-pan Monastery
    6. Temple of Jade Serpent
    7. Mogu'shan Palace
    8. Siege of Niuzao
    9. Stormstout Brewery

That is my list and Siege isn't really hard per-say its just with all the RP crap you have to be pretty quick on the ball.

Most of them aren't really hard in general its usually 1 or 2 pulls in each place normally near the start that you have to deal with and most of the rest is smooth sailing. Like with Gate being the 2nd easiest in my eyes once you get past the first pull and all the bombs its quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    We recently formed a group and got one of our golds today, but started to notice that some dungeons were harder than others. I was curious as to what were the easiest and hardest to you guys so perhaps we could knockout the easier ones first and get some experience doing them before spending a lot of time on the harder ones. SSB was somewhat difficult for us.
    I really wish I had the motivation to get the rest of the sets for my characters, or at least my druid and my shaman, but they were all such an annoying experience that I don't want to go through it now that I got my pally and lock.

I don't think they're as difficult as just finding a group, relying on 4 other people, and having the patience to stick with it.

The easiest is definitely Gate of the Setting Sun, as the strategy is fairly simple and the time is pretty forgiving. I managed to one shot that on both of mine in a pug, one as a tank.

Another easy one if you have people that know what they're doing is SM Cathedral, IF you have a death knight that will pick up one of the ghosts and a rogue that will build up stacks without killing it. Then just use that ghost throughout the rest of the instance by letting it go, building up stacks again, and re-controlling it. You'd have to watch a guide on it or something. Honestly that was exceptionally easy for me because me and one other person got carried by a rogue, death knight, and disc priest that had realm best times and used the ghost trick to 3 man the place. Even if you 5 man it, it's still pretty easy with a death knight and fairly easy without with the exception of the pull from the hall after the first boss and the invis pull right before the second.

Slimes are a nuisance in Siege of Nizau, but it's still another pretty easy one.

Mogu'Shan is probably the one I hate the absolute most. The timer is very close and those first few pulls with the whirlwind dudes are HORRIBLE, especially if you have any melee in the group.

Uhh... Shadowpan Monestary has some annoying pulls but other than the last boss it's really not too bad.

Scholomance is pretty unforgiving on time and a bit tricky with a couple pulls, but it was still one of the easier ones I did on both characters. If you manage to kill Lilian Voss without her getting to her next phase you've got plenty of time to spare.

To cut this short, I'll just share my opinion and summarize that I found Gate of Setting Sun to be easiest, and Mogu'Shan/Stormstout Brewery to be the hardest/most annoying. I would either save those for last when you still have a bit of morale left, or just go ahead and get them over with so you can get the worst out of the way.

Oh, and yes Scarlet Monestary Library part is not necessarily difficult but it's one of the more annoying ones with the dogs, the horrendous pulls with the Fanatics that will one shot spell cast the tank, and the seemingly endless amount of trash! If you get the dogs down, the only bad part is the Fanatics. Make sure you save army or something for those and get them down ASAP. (Not sure if they're the fanatics, but somebody here knows the mob I'm talking about. lol)
    Last edited by cptaylor38; 2014-10-01 at 06:02 AM.

My experience, in roughly ascending order:

Easy
    Scholomance > Scarlet Halls > Gate of the Setting Sun
    Medium
    Temple of the Jade Serpent > Shado-pan Monastery > Scarlet Monastery
    Hard
    Mogu'shan Palace > Siege of Niuzao > Stormstout Brewery

Pretty much everything up to and including Jade was a cakewalk.

Siege and Mogu'shan aren't so much hard as they are execution-heavy. If you know the proper tactics/route they're not terribly difficult even with a fairly weak group.

Brewery was definitely the hardest for my group, by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, MSP and Siege were pretty easy actually, long, yes, but not hard (Outside of the first pull or so). My group 2shot Siege, and after getting the hang of the first pull, we 1shot the rest of MSP on gold. Stormstout we 3shot.

Scholomance was probably the hardest for our group, taking around 90 minutes to complete.

Outside of that, they kinda blend together.

They are all fairly easy even the SSB one, If you are not a noob and your party Is not composed of noobs, you should be just fine.

I would say SPM, Jade Serpent, and Scholomance are very easy. Siege, Halls, MSP, and Gate are a little bit more tedious to do. SSB is a hard check for people who haven't done CMs before, and Monastery has like 3 or 4 packs that can wipe you if you're not careful.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSP was my least favorite. The random patrol's were annoying as a dogs balls on christmas morning.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    11x 9/9 perspective:

Scholo
    Gate
    Halls
    Jade
    Shado-Pan
    Siege
    Monastary
    Mogu'shan
    Stormstout
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I've tried was Mogu'shan Vaults with a pug group and we couldn't get past the first boss before Gold time runs out.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-10-01 at 06:53 AM.

2nd time around i did them, in scholomance (in response to it beeing unforgiving).

1st error=we had to kill almost all the copies of the 2nd boss in the first phase of hers
    2nd error=We failed at getting lillian voss to die in time to avoid a phase
    3rd error/bug=Stealth potion would not work as voss trapped us in combat
    4th error=Misspulled almost all students in the room after voss
    final error= missed ghandling by ONE second despite the 4 errors above.
    Not sure if it was that try or not, but think it was the next one our paladin healer actually got into the room at ghandling. We raged hardcore at him....... addons...........
    He could not remember the name of his dispell and as he used an addon or whatever to normally do it we ended up wiping to him never emerging from the room -_-
    So hardest boss ever is the addon addiction boss!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal experience. 1 = easiest, 9 = hardest.

1. Scholo.
    2. Gate of the Setting Sun.
    3. Siege of Niuzao Temple.
    4. Scarlet Halls.
    5. Temple of the Jade Serpent.
    6. Shado-Pan Monastery.
    7. Scarlet Monastery.
    8. Mogu'shan Palace.
    9. Stormstout Brewery.

Out of all those, the ones that annoyed me the most were Mogu'Shan, Scarlet Monastery, Stormstout and Jade Serpent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    You can ask 10 players and get 20 different opinions, no matter how big their experience is. It depends on the group constellation and skill. If you dps is fairly good, you will have less problems with SSB than a group which has lower dps. If you have a very good group-leader that has an overview over cooldowns and knows when to ask for them, the "harder" pulls in SH/SM won't hurt you much. It really depends on the individuals.

I personally think the easiest one is SPM, as the timing requirement is utterly shit. In my first gold I did 1.5 years ago we wiped and run back into the instance and still managed to get gold. I also think that SH and GotSS are fairly easy. All three of them have no spectacular jobs for anyone, there are no really big pulls you *have* to do to receive credit, and beside basic interrupts there is not much to do.

The mediums ones are Scholo < TJS < Monastery, as they require some specific tactics and know-how about the dungeon / which situation can hurt you.

The hardest ones for me are SoNT < MSP < SSB. SoNT is not really hard, but the 3rd boss can wipe you after 10-12 minutes of playing in a split second, so it may take some time. MSP and SSB have the toughest timing requirement; MSP also has a lot of RNG factors in it. SSB is by far the worst for me. Don't get me wrong, I one-shotted it on two chars, but you have to get 1) the monkey part right 2) hoptallus up to the 6 minute mark 3) execute the last event correctly while 4) maintaining high dps the whole instance.

Deleted
    My opinion probably won't mean much since I did them like a month after MoP launch, so class buffs etc made most of them a lot easier over time, but SSB and SM Cathedral were probably the hardest imo, trash was nasty in Cathedral and SSB had a very tight timer, we were running with the worst comp imaginable (bear druid, monk healer, ele shaman when they were absolute garbage, affl lock and frost dk) so that also made it a lot harder than it needed to be for us, still only took like 5 tries though.

Easiest by far is TotJS & Shado-Pan, finished both of these with like 2 mins left, actually got world 3rd fastest TotJS time at the time we did it.

All the others were meh, did Siege of Niuz with 0.1 seconds left since I was dced for a full 4 minutes, and the others took 10 tries at most.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2014-10-01 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    They are all fairly easy even the SSB one, If you are not a noob and your party Is not composed of noobs, you should be just fine.
    Are you here to buff your ego or to answer the OPs question?

My group was Ret Paladin-Arms Warrior-Combat Rogue -Prot Paladin and Resto Druid. For a complete melee group without heroism (Drums were not in the game yet back then), seems like some instances that we had hard time on, were easier for others and vice versa. 1-9 easiest to hardest was:

1. Jade serpent
    2. Mogu'shan palace
    3. Shado-pan monastery
    4. Siege of Niuzao
    5. Scarlett Halls (we had to be very quick with 2nd boss that he doesn't go for whirlwind p2 more than 1 time)
    6. Gate of the setting sun (The 2nd boss that starts flying took us more time because of no rdps and we had to come up with a tactic to survive all the prey of the weaks or whatever the spell was called)
    7. Scholomance (our druid wasn't able to heal in balance spec so we had to kill Lillian Voss before P2 without the extra dps and heroism. The tactic was fun but took tries, also last boss needed extra tactics to kite the mobs without rdps. 2nd boss was too much about luck too)
    8. Scarlett Monastery (that place was pretty tough without a dk and heroism. Timer was tight and the packs were actually pretty hard to survive, 2nd boss again melee unfriendly.
    9. Stormstout brewery (very tight gold timer and hard mechanics after 1st boss. Rabbit boss again melee unfriendly and last boss was probably the hardest of all bosses in challenge modes)

Deleted
    Definitely had the most optimization retries on Siege, think it took us around 15-20 resets where at least 3 got to the third boss before realizing we'd been way too inefficient to make it. We oneshot a few of them, think Scholo (kinda, everyone had tried it separately before), Gate and Jade. Jade was definitely the easiest.

This was with druid tank/ranged, ele sham, rogue and monk heals.
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2014-10-01 at 07:17 AM.