Corsair H105 or H100i?

Hey guys,

A friend asked me which one he should get and even though I've been googling reviews and comparisons, I couldn't confidently give him an opinion.

Which one would you get and why?

The Corsair H105 or the Corsair H100i

Thanks!

Deleted
    the h105 but there is really not huge difference, if the h100i is lot cheaper then is also not a bad option IF money can be a problem

now if you ask me there are better cpu coolers(air and water) than both of this for around the same price, so at the end if your friend is going to buy any of those my advice would be get it from a store near by in case you have problems with it

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzdul View Post
    the h105 but there is really not huge difference, if the h100i is lot cheaper then is also not a bad option IF money can be a problem

now if you ask me there are better cpu coolers(air and water) than both of this for around the same price, so at the end if your friend is going to buy any of those my advice would be get it from a store near by in case you have problems with it
    Thanks for your reply Khuzdul. The H105 is a few euro cheaper, oddly enough. As for better option; I personally haven't found any closed water-cooling options that perform better. But I've only read the reviews on hardocp, hardware,info and tweakers.net.

Deleted
    Noctua NH-D15.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Noctua NH-D15.
    I haven't read many reviews on the coolermaster variants, the ones I have, weren't exceptionally good. The Noctua is a good cooler, but according to reviews not better than the corsair and on top of that it's a huge piece of metal which is exactly what we want to avoid.

But anyway, no one knows the exact difference between the H105 and the H100i?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-10-01 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Checked it out, and the 105 has a 11mm thicker rad.

Source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Checked it out, and the 105 has a 11mm thicker rad.

Source.
    Ah! Great, thanks idrink. That makes the choice easy :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Ah! Great, thanks idrink. That makes the choice easy :>
    Yup! I am glad I could help out here.

Yup! I am glad I could help out here.
    Would you put it in push or pull configuration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Me? Neither. I would get a good air cooler. (as I did - proud NH-D14 owner)

But if I were going to get an AIO, I would go Push-Pull if possible. With a single set, push.

Me? Neither. I would get a good air cooler. (as I did - proud NH-D14 owner)

But if I were going to get an AIO, I would go Push-Pull if possible. With a single set, push.
    Nah, that's overkill. I'll probably go with push (upwards).

Deleted
    Be prepared, depending where you got the case seated and how picky you are with sound, to grab better fans along with it. I have my case next to me and when it was going up with stock fans...it was ready for lift off...So noctuas or be quiet fans (i got the latter hate noctua colours), 20-25euro each.

Well colour me impressed. Almost 10 hours of prime 95 @4.8ghz with max temps of 70°C 79°C 75°C 73°C and this with fresh thermal paste.

I went and ordered one for myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Be prepared, depending where you got the case seated and how picky you are with sound, to grab better fans along with it. I have my case next to me and when it was going up with stock fans...it was ready for lift off...So noctuas or be quiet fans (i got the latter hate noctua colours), 20-25euro each.
    Hmm, idle it's very silent, during prime it was quite a bit louder of course, but not as extreme as you describe it. Also note that I know what silent is since I mostly use a Mac Pro myself.

@ Mod:

Thank you for moving the thread and apologies for making it in the wrong forum >.<
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-10-02 at 02:58 PM.