Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question WoD spells of choice for Holy/Disc in raids ?

So looking at logs last night from beta players, it seems for raids, Disc is just doing Holy Nova/PWS as their main spells which look leaps ahead of all the other spells? Didnt see much from the few logs I looked at, of Holy. So what are the "goto" or high use spells now in WoD for each spec?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePriest View Post
    So looking at logs last night from beta players, it seems for raids, Disc is just doing Holy Nova/PWS as their main spells which look leaps ahead of all the other spells? Didnt see much from the few logs I looked at, of Holy. So what are the "goto" or high use spells now in WoD for each spec?
    Since all healers are cut down to 4 spells basically there is not much that can show up in those logs for any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have been reading, seems like raid heals will be mostly Holy Nova spam and PWS...which is kind of bleh. But I suppose we gotta do what we gotta do. Maybe toss in a couple PoM.

SS is probably still good to have for predictable damage. Can anyone confirm that SS is not nerfed to the point of unusable?

Deleted
    shield holy nova. renew circle of healing.

there you go.

circle of healing - renew - divine hymn - echo of light - pom will be your top 5 heals as holy, in no particular order as it changes depending on the fight/gear.

holy nova - divine aegis - pws will be your top heals for disc, if you take clarity of will and spam it on tanks to keep them alive and it does a good job of doing it, it will be one of your top healing spells. But if you don't care about saving your tanks and just want to get better hps, pwsing people who will take damage will probably do more healing.

LOL Larynx!

So Prayer of Healing is pretty much done? What are the talent/glyph picks for raiding on each spec? rather, which seem to be working best or is there a good deal of swapping again boss per boss?

Prayer of healing is literally only good for the first cast after you get archangel, because the first poh or flash heal casts after you get archangel will crit so that's a lot of divine aegis healing and it's worth the 12k mana. If you have 4 piece as disc tho, then you can spam poh for 5 seconds after getting archangel, but you still shouldn't use it outside that window because it will drain your mana out.

And the way they are going with spirit on gear I can already tell poh will never be a spammable spell in wod ever, and I like the design. Every healer class has an expensive spell that you shouldn't spam, then if you don't spam that spell you are rewarded with a lot of mana to spend.

About talents ; Im actually rather confused about halo/cascade/divine star. None of them seem to be doing good healing and im not even sure if they are worth casting for the most part. I don't quite agree with the cast times on halo and cascade , they feel pretty useless now and divine star heals for nothing but at least costs little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is PoH only useful to cast once after AA? Would it be a No-no to use it outside of that cooldown? And How often?

I dont have access to the beta so Im trying gauge where and when PoH is appropriate since it was a big tool for Disc in MoP but it doesnt appear to have any real significance in WoD due to its mana cost.

Isn't CoW pretty good now that tank healing is actually a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes!
    From what Ive heard, CoW is pretty baller. So if youre going to be tank healing, that is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    Is PoH only useful to cast once after AA? Would it be a No-no to use it outside of that cooldown? And How often?

I dont have access to the beta so Im trying gauge where and when PoH is appropriate since it was a big tool for Disc in MoP but it doesnt appear to have any real significance in WoD due to its mana cost.
    I wouldn't ever use it, spamming holy nova is just a way better option.

Deleted
    Maintenance for holy is best done with BH, renew, HW:Serenity,PoM and heal to burn serendipity stacks when you have them. CoH should be used on CD only if it won't overheal too much because it costs a lot of mana.

For big aoe HPS holy needs to use cascade, binding heal, PoM, CoH, PoH, DH, HW:Sanct (when you can hit at least 6 targets with it for the full duration) and some renew as filler to keep the mana cost affordable.

Once you get the 4set you need to be casting PoM as frequently as possible (and take WoM and DI) and keep burning the serendipity stacks as soon as they come up, putting 2-3 spells between each 2xserendipity hasted heal or PoH to allow you to rebuild serendipity either with PoM ticks or with glyphed BH if you don't get PoM procs.

The path to high HPS for holy is through serendipity and once you have the 4set PoM.

For disc, PoH is your highest HPS spell. PoH produces 25-30% more HPS than HN, as long as overheal is equal. You need to sneak in 3 PoHs every time you pop AA and use PoH to convert excess mana to HPS.

Once you get the 4 set your spell selection as disc will be PWS, PoH, penance, HN, PoM and cascade. Before the 4 set you might want to also use a holy fire and use penance offensively to generate evangelism.

Cascade heals for the full amount on all 20 targets so it is nice HPS. It is about three times as much HPS as a holy nova. Halo heals for a similar amount if the raid is stacked somewhere. Star as far as I can tell is just above holy nova and about the same as PoH as the cap is 8 heals (so 4 targets). Someone said than when they tested it the found the cap was 6 targets which would put it about 50% above HN and 20% above PoH. So star is rather weak and probably not worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    Maintenance for holy is best done with BH, renew, HW:Serenity,PoM and heal to burn serendipity stacks when you have them. CoH should be used on CD only if it won't overheal too much because it costs a lot of mana.

For big aoe HPS holy needs to use cascade, binding heal, PoM, CoH, PoH, DH, HW:Sanct (when you can hit at least 6 targets with it for the full duration) and some renew as filler to keep the mana cost affordable.

Once you get the 4set you need to be casting PoM as frequently as possible (and take WoM and DI) and keep burning the serendipity stacks as soon as they come up, putting 2-3 spells between each 2xserendipity hasted heal or PoH to allow you to rebuild serendipity either with PoM ticks or with glyphed BH if you don't get PoM procs.

The path to high HPS for holy is through serendipity and once you have the 4set PoM.

For disc, PoH is your highest HPS spell. PoH produces 25-30% more HPS than HN, as long as overheal is equal. You need to sneak in 3 PoHs every time you pop AA and use PoH to convert excess mana to HPS.

Once you get the 4 set your spell selection as disc will be PWS, PoH, penance, HN, PoM and cascade. Before the 4 set you might want to also use a holy fire and use penance offensively to generate evangelism.

Cascade heals for the full amount on all 20 targets so it is nice HPS. It is about three times as much HPS as a holy nova. Halo heals for a similar amount if the raid is stacked somewhere. Star as far as I can tell is just above holy nova and about the same as PoH as the cap is 8 heals (so 4 targets). Someone said than when they tested it the found the cap was 6 targets which would put it about 50% above HN and 20% above PoH. So star is rather weak and probably not worth taking.
    I don't agree with this. I actually think as holy you are better off burning serendipity on poh, and as disc you should only cast in once without your 4 set. Poh is better hps than holy nova, but it also costs 5 times more mana. It's really nort worth casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I can confirm this is what a good disc priest's UI should look like

- - - Updated - - -

Åtonement's guide to ergonomic disc keybinds:
    First you want to put your hands on the keyboard, don't think about it, just do it. Find the most comefortable button to press. That's now holy nova, get used to pressing it. Next you find the second most comfortable key to press. Double check that it also suits being used for mouseover macros. Okay, now that's going to be PWS. Okay, you're done.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post

It's far too mana intensive until we get 4 set. At 11k mana per cast it's something that I probably won't do often, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    It's far too mana intensive until we get 4 set. At 11k mana per cast it's something that I probably won't do often, if at all.
    I avoid it like the plague on the beta unless its during the 4 set buff, which isn't even very long now, only 6 seconds. Far too costly. Only worth the mana when you have EAA and /or the 4 set buff
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Which I both dislike.

EAA is lame and 4 set buff is a set bonus which should not be neccessary to use our core abilites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I don't agree with this. I actually think as holy you are better off burning serendipity on poh, and as disc you should only cast in once without your 4 set. Poh is better hps than holy nova, but it also costs 5 times more mana. It's really nort worth casting.
    If you cast nothing but PWS and holy nova you will never run oom. You need to convert excess mana to HPS with PoH. Who cares if HN is efficient if you end the fight on full mana. With penance, HN and PWS so cheap disc is not HPM limited as far as I can tell. So using only the most efficient spells will simply reduce your HPS, since dropping spirit won't be so easily done in WoD.

Holy needs to burn serendipity as soon as you get it to guarantee high HPS. There is no point in burning it on PoH automatically because it costs 6.8k mana even with 2 stacks. If there is no aoe damage to heal, then firing off expensive PoHs is not worth the resturn. It is best to burn those serendipity procs on heal to refresh a renew and save mana to burn on aoe healing. The max HPS rotation from holy with the 4-set has a mana drain of close to 4k per second. Enough to burn through your entire mana pool in about 55s. It has 50% more HPS than renew/coh spam. So the best strategy is to save mana during downtime and go full burst mode on aoe spikes.

Looking at the mana drain of basic rotations makes one thing clear. The cheap rotations for all classes including priests are essentially mana neutral. That means you can cast them forever until the cows come home even if you are currently at zero mana. That means no class is fully HPM limited and healing only with your most efficient spells, is going to result in low performance. That is a departure from previous designs by blizzard. It also means that you have a certain amount of high level mana burning burst to unleash and choosing when to unleash it is the key decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    If you cast nothing but PWS and holy nova you will never run oom. You need to convert excess mana to HPS with PoH. Who cares if HN is efficient if you end the fight on full mana. With penance, HN and PWS so cheap disc is not HPM limited as far as I can tell. So using only the most efficient spells will simply reduce your HPS, since dropping spirit won't be so easily done in WoD.

Holy needs to burn serendipity as soon as you get it to guarantee high HPS. There is no point in burning it on PoH automatically because it costs 6.8k mana even with 2 stacks. If there is no aoe damage to heal, then firing off expensive PoHs is not worth the resturn. It is best to burn those serendipity procs on heal to refresh a renew and save mana to burn on aoe healing. The max HPS rotation from holy with the 4-set has a mana drain of close to 4k per second. Enough to burn through your entire mana pool in about 55s. It has 50% more HPS than renew/coh spam. So the best strategy is to save mana during downtime and go full burst mode on aoe spikes.

Looking at the mana drain of basic rotations makes one thing clear. The cheap rotations for all classes including priests are essentially mana neutral. That means you can cast them forever until the cows come home even if you are currently at zero mana. That means no class is fully HPM limited and healing only with your most efficient spells, is going to result in low performance. That is a departure from previous designs by blizzard. It also means that you have a certain amount of high level mana burning burst to unleash and choosing when to unleash it is the key decision.
    You actually will run oom. And poh isn't an enourmous amount of hps increase as you think it is, it's a slowcast that heals targets for 14k while holy nova is an instant that heals for 9k.