Just resubbed, question about challenge mode silver difficulty

I recently resubbed and saw that challenge modes would be ending soon and decided to look into them. I love the idea of getting all four mounts but I still haven't even stepped foot in a challenge mode. I feel like I am a decent player and my gear looks "okay" for challenge modes. I am by no means in bis but most of my gear has a decent amount of sockets and has okay stats on it. I have been reading a lot of guides and watching videos and I think I could do well if I went in. However, all of these guys talk about how you have to cheese the instance and use clever mechanics to get through it because they are getting gold medals and not just for the silver ones. I for one, don't give a shit about the transmog but would love the mounts.

How hard is it to get just the silver medals? Could a group of 5 that are decent players but don't have any CM experience clear it fine?

Yes, a group of 5 decent players can clear CM silver without special tricks / cheese. I did that, the only real roadblock was the second boss in SBB for which I had to retreat and watch how other guys did it. No voice comms either (but they would be handy).

Silvers are quite easy to obtain, lots of time to complete in 1 run with silver.
    Pretty much almost any pug could do it. If you're just going for silver its just a heroic, with some harder hitting trash/bosses/mechanics
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Deleted
    You do not need BiS even for gold.
    5 decent players will do silver easily. Watch Aftermath videos or read a guide, bring pots, and you will do even gold in no time.

Added: your biggest problem is being short on time, I think. Just buy these CMs if you fail to get groups going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur with the above - silvers are relatively easy if you know what you are doing and what to expect in the instance. If you have players in your group who are not very apt in their class or knowledge of the dungeon, it may take a couple attempts. Gear does not make difference, imho, as it is all scaled anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silver medals aren't too hard. Usually in my first tries in each dungeon, with a group of decent players, we were able to obtain at least silver in the first couple tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Just make sure that people know the fights in details - where,what spawns and how to kill it.

And thats it - running silver felt like doing typical 5HC dungeon. All players were pugs,plus we had the worst possible comp (Spriest,Feral,Holy Priest,Blood DK,Rogue).I literally put ad on oQueue and within 10 mins we were doing Stormstout.

However - do get Gold, just as I regret wasting Hand of Adal and whole bunch of FoS things nowadays, you`ll regret not having that set and FoS.

Alright guys thanks for the tips! I actually feel a lot better since I thought it would be much harder. Being MIA from anything competitive for most of the expansion had me a little worried, but I think it'll be fine. I'll probably try for the gold then since it seems like it wouldn't be too bad unless my groups/pugs suck ass.

You have to do it on four different characters to get all four mounts. Each completion of 9 CM Silver gives you an egg or token to purchase a mount. Each character can only get one.

If you are not lazy and bring the correct items (potions, invisibility potions, flasks, food) and spec your characters correctly for CC and have a very , very rough idea of what you should be doing (aka, watch a gold run on youtube first) then silver should be basically the standard. You could probably wipe 2-3 times in CMs and still get a middle of the road silver time. You can wipe once and do golds still, for example.

Challenge modes are extremely over estimated. All you need are people who when they make a mistake, recognize it and do not do it again. If you have 5 players that can do that, silver should be as easy as normal mode siege of orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by tarc70 View Post
    You have to do it on four different characters to get all four mounts. Each completion of 9 CM Silver gives you an egg or token to purchase a mount. Each character can only get one.
    Didn't blizzard release a statement that says that if you have at least one of the mounts, after 6.0 drops you'll get the other 3 and they'll be account wide?

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Didn't blizzard release a statement that says that if you have at least one of the mounts, after 6.0 drops you'll get the other 3 and they'll be account wide?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/129...ning-9-23-2014

Silver: The Pandaren Phoenix mounts awarded for a full set of Silver medals will become account-wide. If any character on an account has earned a full set of Silver medals, all four variants of the Pandaren Phoenix (Crimson, Ashen, Violet, and Emerald) will become available to all characters account-wide.

Deleted
    I was in the same position, came back a few weeks ago.

I did an account on Openraid and made my own group for challenge modes, no exp req. I found some really nice guys to play with and we managed 9/9 gold in 3 days with 2-3 tries in every instance.

So silver should be no problem

Silver is pretty easy as long as you have a decent group with you. It might take a couple tries but shouldnt be a problem