10+ Year Old Account

How would it affect the game if the natural draw happened end of the turn?

Title kind of says it. Basically instead of drawing the one card at start of your turn you would draw it at the end of your turn.

It would "kind of" remove most of top decking but I guess it would be the same as the card you had drawn at the end of the last turn is basically the "top deck".

How would you react if the game suddenly changed to this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Literally the only thing it would affect is the first turn, and Divine Favour.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Literally the only thing it would affect is the first turn, and Divine Favour.
    It would also be easier to mill opponent's deck

Quote Originally Posted by Uld View Post
    It would also be easier to mill opponent's deck
    Wouldn't it be harder to mill your opponents deck, since setting him to 10 on your turn would not cause a discard if the draw happened at the end of his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Wouldn't it be harder to mill your opponents deck, since setting him to 10 on your turn would not cause a discard if the draw happened at the end of his turn.
    Yes, it would make it harder. It would also push Fatigue damage one turn later and increased RNG of having proper early drop at the start of the game. No real upsides really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draw at the end of the turn removes all possibility of topdecking. That means when you dont have the card you need to win in your hand and your one turn away from death you die because you dont get a chance to draw before they kill you.
    And god said "Come forth and receive eternal life!" But John came fifth and won a toaster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mahonisaya View Post
    Draw at the end of the turn removes all possibility of topdecking. That means when you dont have the card you need to win in your hand and your one turn away from death you die because you dont get a chance to draw before they kill you.
    No, it just means it gets pushed forward one turn.

Whether or not you topdeck the card you need at the start your turn or the end of the previous, it doesn't matter - you're still playing that same card at the same time - the start of your next turn.

The ONLY way this could possibly affect gameplay would be if Hearthstone allowed you to play during your opponent's turn (a la MT:G "instants"). But it doesn't.

thinkingraptor.jpg
    If you drew cards from the bottom of the deck, would it be called bottom decking?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    thinkingraptor.jpg
    If you drew cards from the bottom of the deck, would it be called bottom decking?
    Philosoraptor, you uncultured savage! =D

It would change the way some games are won/lost.

You could be down, about to get combo'd to the face, and topdeck Loatheb, which would neutralize the combo, which in effect would save you atleast until the next turn, if you drew at the end of your turn, this wouldn't happen therefore you could lose easily.

I imagine if the draw was at the end of the turn, people would make more use out of the Draw battlecry minions, or any draw mechanics for example.

a fair few of the highly ranked games you can watch are actually won/lost because of topdecks.

the only benefit I see of drawing at the end of your turn is the fact that you would never have an empty hand. it would also make the people possibly skip a turn or two if you drew something you couldn't use. Drawing at the start gives a bit more option.

Also, considering drawing at the end, it would make warlock hero power a lot more valuable imo.

Drawing at the end of your turn would literally be like drawing at the start of your turn except you no longer have the turn 1 draw. Nothing else would change.

The question therefore really is equal to saying "how would it affect the game if you didn't draw a card in your first turn?" which really isn't all that meaningful.. you'd have one less card the entire game (with all associated consequences) and that's it.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-10-04 at 05:42 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

15+ Year Old Account
    And why is this a good idea?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Title kind of says it. Basically instead of drawing the one card at start of your turn you would draw it at the end of your turn.

It would "kind of" remove most of top decking but I guess it would be the same as the card you had drawn at the end of the last turn is basically the "top deck".

I think it would take some of the enjoyment out of the game, I mean there have been plenty of times when drawing the right or wrong card at the right or wrong time have won/lost games for me -- it would definitely increase the popularity of novice engineer
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

As others have said, it changes nothing except for the first 1-2 turns and with divine favour.
    Top-decking isn't removed, because you top-deck it "last turn" instead, of sorts. And possibly won't concede as you draw your winning card and can't stop it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post

To my knowledge, every card game, IN EXISTANCE, draws cards at the beginning of the turn... Assuming you draw a card every turn, that is...

No need to change this concept..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Starting hands would be smaller, thus more chances of a dead hand early on.

This is equivalent to the current game except players start with 2/3 cards in their hand instead of 3/4, with the single small exception that it's more difficult to mill your opponent's cards.

It wouldn't remove top decking since there is no functional difference for you if you get the card at the beginning or end of your opponent's turn.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    This is equivalent to the current game except players start with 2/3 cards in their hand instead of 3/4, with the single small exception that it's more difficult to mill your opponent's cards.
    Not even that. Or well, yes, but it's rather a consequence of him having one card less, and not an exception to that rule.

Opponent presses end turn with 4 cards left in hand (so that we prevent the less card for the whole game from affecting the result).

Current situation: you make him draw 6, he overdraws due to the initial draw next turn.
    Hypothetical situation: he draws one, going to 5. You make him draw 6, making him overdraw one card.

Still one card milled with the same amount of forced draws invested.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760