Poll: Whats Your Most Nostalgic Holiday/World Event in WoW?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really got a kick out of the Cata launch event where you had to run around and pretend to join the Twilight's Hammer so you could all the insider info then report back...closest thing I thought I was ever going to get to a Rogue class quest, at least until the legendary quest at the end of the expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Hallow's End.

I started out as Forsaken, and I always loved the Undercity and Hallow's end. I love the Wickerman too.

Noblegarden for me.

Back in BC, I had just started playing for real. Noblegarden time came, and I did every single achievement. I had a great spot in Azure Watch for the eggs, and I had fun. 'The Noble' was the first title that I ever got.

Quote Originally Posted by Javox View Post
    Noblegarden for me.

Back in BC, I had just started playing for real. Noblegarden time came, and I did every single achievement. I had a great spot in Azure Watch for the eggs, and I had fun. 'The Noble' was the first title that I ever got.
    Haha, I remember roaming Azure Watch for myself for a couple of hours before everyone found out about the spot.

Deleted
    Noblegarden, because it was the first event that happened when I just dinged level 80 and the first one I completed on my quest for the Violet Proto-Drake.
    'the Noble' was my very first title.

Deleted
    Definatly the opening of AQ. Main cities being so empty cause all the level 60's were at Silithus. Then an alliance turned his pvp on (on a pretty balanced server) and all hell broke loose. Server must have crashed 10 times that day :P

Hallow's End. It started the same time patch 3.0 came out, and achievements were introduced. So I remember seeing people with the title 'of the Hallowed' and wanting it so bad. Keep in mind I was 13 (maybe 14?) at the time, so titles that sounded cool were still, well, cool for me.

As for world event, definitely that first zombie invasion for Naxx. I remember going to Tanaris and Silithus and farming crystals with random people. And the odd person or two who would round up all of the skeletons at once and then AoE them down, a lot like Faxmonkey did....
    Last edited by CELKali; 2014-10-04 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    my favorite was the WOTLK pre-event was so much fun turning into a ghould find a group of ppl and self-destruct killing lots of players in the progress.
    but on topic my favorite yearly event is brewfest great excuse to be ingame drunk aswell as real life drunk
    Yeah this. Raiding my own factions main city and killing our leader as I led an army of ghouls was the coolest thing ever. A grief-tastic event for sure. I wish they'd be so bold as to make an event such as that again some day. Maybe this time not give in to the crying people too. That'd be nice.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Hallow's End 2008 and the Wrath pre-event..

I see you posted the holiday stuff, I've never been into those, but my favorite event was the pre-wotlk event.

It was so perfect in it's scale and causing such an uproar before the next expansion. I doubt they'll be able to top it.

Deleted
    The only one I participated in was the one with Lord Kazzak going on a rampage. I've been playing for all others as well, but they didn't interest me as much. The whole zombie thing was fun for the first day, it was a huge hassle after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hallow's End. Boo.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    My favorit was the Pre Naxx or pre WOLK with was very similar. Did also really love the AQ relese, how the world was inaded always.. Miss the days when patches actually DID something

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The only one I participated in was the one with Lord Kazzak going on a rampage. I've been playing for all others as well, but they didn't interest me as much. The whole zombie thing was fun for the first day, it was a huge hassle after.
    Was that an in game event or just someone kiting him into a city? In a similar event, I remember hating my first ever Lunar Festival because someone kited Omen into Orgrimmar and he kept one shotting us lowbies with starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    that'll be the Pilgrims Bounty
    Pilgrim's Bounty is the november one, with the turkeys and the achievements.

Harvest festival is in september, it's the one where you visit the tombs of Grom / Uther. You get a lot of free food from the tables in front of the capitals.