Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are we over the whole infatuation of bacon? I'm pretty darned sick of it

Are we done pretending its the most awesome thing to come down this side of the internet? I don't mind it if the waitress mistakenly gives it to me besides my original order of sausages or ham. I just don't understand the whole fascination of this very crappy salty dried up thing

"I'm sick of people talking about bacon!"

makes a thread about bacon.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been much of a pork fan.

I like chicken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin khuliyo

I could go for a barbecue bacon burger right about now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I absolutely love bacon!

On the other hand I don't understand things like bacon sundaes and maple bacon bars. It seems stuff like this is all over the place. I guess I can't knock it till I try it lol.

Also OP, it's not always dried up, it depends on how you cook it. For instance I hate how my grandpa cooks bacon, because it is hard and crunchy.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-10-01 at 10:25 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a meme, much like hating on Nickleback or Justin Beiber. Like all memes, it will pass.

Go sleep. In the morning, eat some bacon and get your shit together.

15+ Year Old Account
    People think loving bacon is cool for some reason, but I don't see how it can actually annoy you

Bacon is literally one of the best things in life.

Look up Umami!
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-10-01 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztiri View Post
    Are we done pretending its the most awesome thing to come down this side of the internet? I don't mind it if the waitress mistakenly gives it to me besides my original order of sausages or ham. I just don't understand the whole fascination of this very crappy salty dried up thing

Why do you need a groupthink to see things as you do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Why do you need a groupthink to see things as you do?
    because this is a forum and I hope to realize i'm not the only one sick of something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztiri View Post
    First, I don't understand why you think there's a "we" at all. Speak for yourself.
    Second, I don't understand your inability to see that there's a lot in between "infatuated by" and "sick of" - I like bacon, but not on all kinds of food, and only sometimes.

In short, that infatuation of bacon "thing" exists only in your mind, and ironically, this thread insults those who enjoy bacon (a little or a lot) and attempts to create a bacon makes me sick "thing".
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-10-01 at 10:33 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I'm gonna go downstairs right now, and make Bacon Mac & cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Negative - My wife and I cook Bacon and Eggs together every Sunday Morning.

Deleted
    I like my bacon wrapped bacon bacon bacon.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a member of the Church of Bacon I find this thread offensive and in violation of forum rules regarding disparaging remarks towards religions!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loathe bacon, but I don't particularly care if other people want to be super in love with it. I think it's weird the degree people like it, but whatever. There are plenty of foods I love without apology and won't stop loving no matter how popular it gets.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

My brain loves Bacon, my blood hates it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    First, I don't understand why you think there's a "we" at all.
    Second, I don't understand why you must either be "infatuated by" or "sick of" it - I like bacon, but not on all kinds of food, and only sometimes.
    Lastly, that "infatuation of bacon" train exists only in your mind, and the funny thing is that this thread insults those who enjoy bacon (a little or a lot) and attempts to create a "bacon makes me sick" train - which is ironic, to say the least.

I could make a thread - Are we over the whole "bacon makes me sick"? It's getting on my nerves.
    the fact that this is open to discussion makes me wonder what is so good about salty crispy pieces of garbage?