10+ Year Old Account

Main Monitor went black and white after updating driver

Having some what of a strange issue here. 2 days ago, I went and updated my drivers for my HD7950 to the 14.9 release from AMD. First the installation crapped out, so I uninstalled, re-downloaded and tried again. The installation kept shitting itself not to long into the process, now my main monitor which is just an Acer S230HL has just gone completely black and white. My other monitor which is an apple cinema 20" display is still humming along in all colored glory. Even with drivers uninstalled (I'm downloading again to give it another shot) the main monitor wont come in color. I know the color still works because when I turn the computer on, everything is in color until i hit windows. Even if I just turn the monitor on and off again, the no signal is in color, Acer pops up in color and the energy star logo, even being white, is brighter.

Drivers just not playing well with my system for some reason or maybe my HDMI cable is shot? Any ideas besides the obligatory "AMD drivers suck, go Nvidia nonsense"? Thanks y'all

***The error just says "Application Install: Install package failure!" Went through the microsoft redistributable stuff and then failed on the AMD Catalyst install manager.

****It finished the install after the error message, everything is in color, but having a hard time ciphering what the error was. Was going to try and post it, but for some reason having an issue with that....
    Last edited by Nixaler; 2014-10-01 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added the error message
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600