Covert gaming laptop.

Hey all.

A close friend of mine loves gaming but has an absolutely shit laptop. Her parents are offering to buy her a new one, however they really strongly disapprove of her gaming. Does anyone know of any normal laptops which would work relatively well to run most games at a relatively moderate level (her main game is Guild Wars 2). The budget is relatively low, and it can't be a laptop that's obviously geared towards gaming. Any suggestions would be really appreciate, or at least some pointers on what to look for.

Thanks
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Whats a "relatively low" budget? I got a laptop for about $1000 three years ago, that while isn't a beast, can still run most current games at average settings. I run wow on med-high settings and get 60fps easy.

It would probably be less than £500, to be honest (so 700-800 dollars). And even running stuff on medium settings at 30 fps would be fine.

Could well be slightly above (or maybe even slgihtly below, but unlikely) that price range. I mostly want to know what the most efficient option would be or what else to look for.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I don't know what you will find at that price as I am by no means a computer build expert. But look for laptops with discrete video cards (meaning not the built in intel chipset ones) and then do research online on a card by card basis. Good luck.

I don't even know how to recognise that or differentiate between cards (I have some knowledge of more common gaming cards for desktops, but this is quite different).

Lenovo's Z-series is probably your best bet (Z560 was last year's model, or maybe 2012). Lenovo (formerly sold under IBM brand) has still the repuration of being "office" laptops, but Z and Y series comes with discrete graphics.

Might have to agree with Fixx. While I loathe Lenovo for locking down their bios, they are considered firstly a 'business' computer manufacturer and this might be your best bet.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops.../y-series/y40/