Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    why do people like OP continue to push this narrative that a black person is 100% innocent and the white cop is a 100% guilty racist in any altercation.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    ITT: video taken out of context so europeans can bash americans /surpriseface.

the people simply "walking" in the streets were arrested because they were suspected of selling drugs. they happened to be arrested by the police while on that street. guy in the house knows nothing about the circumstances and immediately cries foul and OMG, they just innocent people walking the streets...
    American here, No drug arrests whatsoever. 3 arrested for resisting arrest without violence, all prior to her talking to the officer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    why do people like OP continue to push this narrative that a black person is 100% innocent and the white cop is a 100% guilty racist in any altercation.
    Why do people like you continue to twist the narrative into what you just said, from what it really is, which is that cops keep using excessive force and completely unnecessary tactics and methods?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why do people like you continue to twist the narrative into what you just said, from what it really is, which is that cops keep using excessive force and completely unnecessary tactics and methods?
    Where's the excessive force? The only incident in the video is the tasing.

If cops repeatedly tell you to stay back, and you insist on physically approaching them anyway followed by running away after they attempt to detain you, bad shit is going to happen. She's a crackhead anyway according to: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/flo...man/index.html
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Where's the excessive force? The only incident in the video is the tasing.
    Well, there you go.

She's a crackhead anyway according to: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/flo...man/index.html
    Which means what, exactly? The cops knew that "she was a crackhead anyway", and thought "well, she's a crackhead anyway, who cares about her?" Right?

Reminds me of the execution of that homeless person in Albuquerque for camping out in the desert. Or the execution of the mentally unstable homeless person who kept yelling "don't kill me" or something after apparently having stolen a cup of coffee from a Starbucks.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-10-02 at 09:04 AM.

Well, there you go.

Oh! It seems as if you accidentally missed the rest of the post that you cherry picked, no problem, here it is again:

If cops repeatedly tell you to stay back, and you insist on physically approaching them anyway followed by running away after they attempt to detain you, bad shit is going to happen. She's a crackhead anyway according to: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/flo...man/index.html
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Wait, why did you have to add "black people"? Why the "Black" part? You think these cops were racist? How would they have reacted to a white doing the same thing? why are you trying to make this about race?
    Because racism is a thing in America and especially inside police force?
    Countless incidents aren't enough to see the obvious yet?

Deleted
    Oh! It seems as if you accidentally missed the rest of the post that you cherry picked
    So sorry. Was in the midst of replying, but had to do some work instead, so it took a bit longer than ten seconds. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Man, what's with the police-hate this week? I swear, there's been ten "cops are bad!" threads in the last few days.
    Propaganda

Just to let you guys know. There are a lot of honest good cops too. You just never hear about them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Wikipedia says 780,000 cops in America. If 1% make a major mistake in a year, that's 78,000 mistakes. Most of you have been in a car wreck at least once in your lives and car wrecks can get people killed. By the nature of a cop's job they can get people killed too.

And the youtube videos are news and exciting to look at.

Some people have an agenda and the 'police state' meme fits in with that agenda. They want you to fear the government so they promote anything that's negative about the police.

I'm surprised the police don't make more mistakes.
    That would be 7,800, not 78,000

get out of here, you're the one who's brought up multiple times that they are black as though that is the core issue, you're saying it's all about race. You live in finland probably the whitest country on earth, wth do you know about "Race"

You don't understand? Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Finnish. I can't speak English properly. What I meant was, "the street she lives on", or "her home street", or something like that. Perhaps I should've used one of those expressions instead.

Hilarious would be anyone claiming this wasn't about race. Of course it's about race. It's blatantly obvious. How would they have reacted to a white person doing to same thing? Well, they wouldn't be out there, arresting white guys for walking on the street. They wouldn't have tasered a white woman the same way they did the black woman. Of course it all happened the way it did because the people are black. To deny this is just pointless. Do you really need factual statistics to be pulled to corroborate the fact black people are treated differently than white people? Do you really not see this being one of those cases of people being treated differently because of their skin color?

Are they racist because they treat black people different than white people? You tell me.
    Last edited by btorz; 2014-10-02 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    dems is evil people

Deleted
    You live in finland probably the whitest country on earth, wth do you know about "Race"
    I know it shouldn't make a difference. I live in a very small town, and we have a decent size (in comparison to the population of our town) asylum seeker center, and thus a decent size population of people of all skin colors, nationalities and ethnic groups here. The center is only a couple years old, so I know perfectly well what life was before there were any non-white people here, and what life has been after they came here. It's 100% the same. Skin color makes no difference. It's only when someone makes a conscious decision that it makes a difference (this is called racism), when it does, and since we don't have such history here, it makes no difference what color your skin is.

So I do know that about "race".

I can also read. For example:

http://www.naacp.org/pages/criminal-justice-fact-sheet
    http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...united-states/

that's just the tallanasty life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsnew View Post
    That would be 7,800, not 78,000
    touche....... lol

I particularly love the comparison formula from Number X / year vs Number Y / Lifetime

That's genius math.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Fuck. If that had happened outside my place while I was witnessing, I'd have got myself shot.

No. Just no. Fuck that, no.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    get out of here, you're the one who's brought up multiple times that they are black as though that is the core issue, you're saying it's all about race. You live in finland probably the whitest country on earth, wth do you know about "Race"
    Oh stop it, will ya......
    Maybe the cops were not profiling... But maybe they were.. That right there indicates the problem.
    Racial profiling exists in the US. It's acknowledged by officials in charge, the crime statistics reflect it as well, and it's an issue every time an incident occurs.
    Don't like it, put an end to the profiling. Start putting higher standards at law enforcement.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

As an FSU alumni I'd just like to say that Tallahassee cops are not representative of the rest of the US's law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    As an FSU alumni I'd just like to say that Tallahassee cops are not representative of the rest of the US's law enforcement.
    Why, are they soft?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.