Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    They take into account all of the 6.2 changes, minus the most recent hot fix to the trinket. I watched Ryme update them with each ptr change. Sub was only 200 dps behind. With the trinket change it stands to reason Sub will be ahead.
    It doesn't matter that much since that first page comparison we're talking about uses BiS gear which won't be available for progression. What's important right now is what spec are we going to play for ST progression fights. So far assassination has been ahead both in terms of raw numbers as well as considering encounters in Hellfire are a bit more suited to it's strengths. However, if Subtlety starts overpowering Assassination even on heroic levels, we are back to Subtlety/Combat yet another tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    It doesn't matter that much since that first page comparison we're talking about uses BiS gear which won't be available for progression. What's important right now is what spec are we going to play for ST progression fights. So far assassination has been ahead both in terms of raw numbers as well as considering encounters in Hellfire are a bit more suited to it's strengths. However, if Subtlety starts overpowering Assassination even on heroic levels, we are back to Subtlety/Combat yet another tier.
    This got brought up in the last 5 pages. Prior to the trinks, Sub Sims ahead, although not by much. I am at work so I don't have the time at the moment to check through the last couple pages of the thread, but last I looked at warcraft logs Sub and Assassination were pretty even. Although that was a few days ago.

Actually I did just glance at warcraft logs, and they have Subtlety's total parsing ranked higher than Assassination's parsing. This is overall for Hellfire citadel though, so take it for what it's worth. Also Combat clobbers both of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    Actually I did just glance at warcraft logs, and they have Subtlety's total parsing ranked higher than Assassination's parsing.
    Because vast majority of the players don't have access to the Archimonde trinket yet which is a requirement for Assassination. Subtlety is supposed to be higher without access to the trinket, no surprises there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvid View Post
    Was also going to look for a possible dfa rotation, but spoke with fiery today and DFA does no longer seem to be a possible dps increase. Formula returned false values because of broken function inside shadow craft engine.
    To clarify, the actual modeling was fine. There was an issue with a helper method that created talent ranks. This method is not connected to the UI in anyway, its just something I was using in my runscripts for testing. Anyway sorry for potentially confusing people.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

http://www.aethys.eu/wow/T18M.html

Think we should have an heroic profile btw :P

Anyway, there is now a huge difference between simc default profile and the one from this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    http://www.aethys.eu/wow/T18M.html

Think we should have an heroic profile btw :P

Anyway, there is now a huge difference between simc default profile and the one from this thread.
    If these numbers prove to be realistic, I think Blizzard might have done quite a good job balancing the rogue specs one to another. If you take into account HFC encounter mechanics, I suspect Assassination and Subtlety to be quite equal in their dps potential. Subtlety may be yielding a wee-bit more dps under ideal conditions while Assassination should prove more flexible when target switching.

Unless you hate assn, no reason to play sub it seems. Assn is easier to play and is friendlier regarding target switching

Edit:misread the sims posted above. Will have to look into it
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Sorry I've been a little absent, real life occurred fairly heavily this week.

I'm running updates now, but it seems sub is once again your front runner.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Combat BiS list based off Haste being top priority? I assume it is, how could I go about getting a list with MS being the top stat for Combat?

Thread updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Is the Combat BiS list based off Haste being top priority? I assume it is, how could I go about getting a list with MS being the top stat for Combat?
    It is, and I'm afraid if you want an MS focused build you'll need to build it yourself. I didn't think it was worth the hassle as it was often a loss in any real situation: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post33433875

However, if you think it will be worth it now, I use wowhead and use the simmed weight values to generate a basic BiS, then iterate around that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Fellow sub playing brothers I'll see you once more out in the battlefield. I'm so happy with the sub buffs I was worried that assassination was going to be the best spec for the whole tier.

Happy with the new place of sub, but take in mind: "Please note that the following changes to class trinkets are currently still in testing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    Fellow sub playing brothers I'll see you once more out in the battlefield. I'm so happy with the sub buffs I was worried that assassination was going to be the best spec for the whole tier.
    Well, the thing is that Subtlety is not best until you start reaching BiS Mythic gear levels. Furthermore, the encounters in HFC are not Patchwerk fights and I'd say they play more to the Assassination's strengths. I'd say this change means that Subtlety will be viable, certainly not best spec all around.

Deleted
    Well, the thing is that Subtlety is not best until you start reaching BiS Mythic gear levels. Furthermore, the encounters in HFC are not Patchwerk fights and I'd say they play more to the Assassination's strengths. I'd say this change means that Subtlety will be viable, certainly not best spec all around.
    I don't know about that. There seems to be a healthy amount of diversity with the bosses that each spec pretty much shines as much as each other and the buffs to sub means it'll mean i'm not forced to play assassination just cause of the state of specs. I actually get to play sub.

Deleted
    Well, the thing is that Subtlety is not best until you start reaching BiS Mythic gear levels
    In full heroic gear Sub sims around 69k while Sin sims for 66.3k. So Sub overtaking the leading role happens earlier than some of us might think. Which spec you gonna play will depend on your raid composition and the encounter your are going to progress. Most players will probably be fine chosing the spec they are more comfortable with for now.

Well, in my case SimC puts me at 55k as Assassination using normal archimonde trinket and 51.5k as Sub. Once you get the trinket it's ahead in full mythic BRF gear for the time being I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuliane View Post
    In full heroic gear Sub sims around 69k while Sin sims for 66.3k.
    I guess you have some completely different numbers than the rest of us.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T18H.html
    - these should be updated with the recent changes btw.

so combat/sub is back at best combo? Assas sucks bcz there is no synergy with combat stats

I think we can do fine as Assa and Combat using a MS>Mastery gear. Correct?

Deleted
    Correct, just put Bleeding Hollows on Muti daggers and you're set for everything