The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess that Main Gauche is the reason behind that graph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    I'm going to guess that Main Gauche is the reason behind that graph.
    It's favoring fast in the main hand, therefore instant poison is imo the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    It's favoring fast in the main hand, therefore instant poison is imo the reason.
    Little of both, fast MH leads to more MG procs with slow OH making those procs higher damage. This becomes a relevant factor because the BF energy penalty shifts the damage distribution away from SS and RvS (our only weapon damage strikes) and into white hits and MG. As the number of targets increases fast/fast passes slow/slow due to the large number of poison procs. I think anyway, still exploring this somewhat.
    Last edited by fierydemise; 2014-12-23 at 11:13 PM.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

10+ Year Old Account
    Your link isn't working for me Fiery =(

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    Little of both, fast MH leads to more MG procs with slow OH making those procs higher damage. This becomes a relevant factor because the BF energy penalty shifts the damage distribution away from SS and RvS (our only weapon damage strikes) and into white hits and MG. As the number of targets increases fast/fast passes slow/slow due to the large number of poison procs. I think anyway, still exploring this somewhat.
    If I had to venture a guess, I'd say fast/fast will eventually pass fast/slow at some point after the aoe target cap. Probably never really relevant, but interesting from an academic standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Your link isn't working for me Fiery =(
    Updated with embedded image.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    I've tested this, and the bleed damage does only 240 % of the initial hit even though the tooltip says otherwise.

Going by the numbers from my earlier post we are looking at a 129,480 CT vs a 70,152 rupture. At 7 targets the d/e of CT is higher than that of rupture, and from 5 targets and up the d/cp is higher. While these numbers might be a result of the way I played the fight it does make me wonder why simcraft would show a dps increase to use rupture all the way up to 8 targets.
    If we're talking about Subtlety, simc was (until today) allowing Sinister Calling procs to multistrike and crit, which is clearly not true in game. That over-estimates rupture damage by a bit. They are disabled in the current release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    If we're talking about Subtlety, simc was (until today) allowing Sinister Calling procs to multistrike and crit, which is clearly not true in game. That over-estimates rupture damage by a bit. They are disabled in the current release.
    It shouldn't make much difference at AoE though, since the profile is FoK'ing most of the time.

Thats sounds really odd.A passive that's actually lowers damage of our finisher.

Deleted
    Yes well, the logs are pretty conclusive in this. What's even more odd in some sense, is that Hemorrhage procs on Sinister Calling do critical strike, and multistrike.

Yes well, the logs are pretty conclusive in this. What's even more odd in some sense, is that Hemorrhage procs on Sinister Calling do critical strike, and multistrike.
    Bugged perhaps? I see no reason why sinister calling procs could not crit and/or multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyarxadron View Post
    Thats sounds really odd.A passive that's actually lowers damage of our finisher.
    It isn't lower damage. Remember you are still getting more rupture ticks per second than you were previously its just that those additional rupture ticks are doing ~70% of the damage of full rupture tick. Its still more damage since even 70% of a rupture outdamages evis. That said it does reduce the damage of sub somewhat.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    It isn't lower damage. Remember you are still getting more rupture ticks per second than you were previously its just that those additional rupture ticks are doing ~70% of the damage of full rupture tick. Its still more damage since even 70% of a rupture outdamages evis. That said it does reduce the damage of sub somewhat.
    That depends on how you look at it. Sinister Calling is still a damage increase for subtlety, but it does reduce the damage of the given rupture that it procs on.

Learning that the hemo equivalent can in fact crit and multistrike I'm curious what the code looks like.

For some reason I can't find an answer to this question no matter how thoroughly I search the forum, so I'm just gonna go ahead and ask:

What is the optimal opener for Sub, assuming you start with 10 CPs stacked up pre-fight?

Please be as detailed as possible with exactly when to go into SHD/SR, when to rupture, all that good stuff. Thanks.

Is it just me or are we severealy lacking on gear with multstrike on Highmaul ?

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Is it just me or are we severealy lacking on gear with multstrike on Highmaul ?
    It's just you, everyone else in the world has access to different drops in Highmaul.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronikz View Post
    For some reason I can't find an answer to this question no matter how thoroughly I search the forum, so I'm just gonna go ahead and ask:

What is the optimal opener for Sub, assuming you start with 10 CPs stacked up pre-fight?

Please be as detailed as possible with exactly when to go into SHD/SR, when to rupture, all that good stuff. Thanks.
    I open this way:
    - SnD & pre-pot 1 sec before pull
    - premed+ambush
    - rupture
    - ambush (from subterfuge)
    - eviscerate
    - 2-3 backstab and eviscerate (from now on i pool and usually i have 110 energy right on the last second of FW)
    - SD+SR+coin
    - ambush+evis spam (i need to rupture in SD once here due to ms procs - not sure if optimal)
    - vanish on last sec of FW into ambush,ambush, SnD, ambush (i'm able to fit 3 ambushes during subterfuge and glyph of vanish bug)
    - prep - repeat previous step

Any suggestions?
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    Bugged perhaps? I see no reason why sinister calling procs could not crit and/or multistrike.
    That is very likely. It is being looked at.

10 points
    slice and dice @9s pull counter
    tricks
    ambush
    rupture
    dance + trinkets
    ambush
    evis
    premed
    evis

continue shadow dance normally

not refreshing rupture if <2s left on dance when it falls off, instead opting for ambush - arcane torrent ambush

example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg4m...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Jdance; 2014-12-25 at 01:22 PM.

Is there any hope for Rogues this raid tier? Looking at the sims is very discouraging.