Page 77 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quick question guys - for combat AoE - [670 dagger / 685 axe] or [685 axe / 670 axe]? Will run sim myself to figure this out in a bit, just wanted to ask in case someone has asked it a similar question already.

Also, for macroing weapon swaps for single target phases and killing spree, are there any lost autos / procs while weapons are being swapped? I remember this being the case in vanilla for some reason (maybe just senile).
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    So, after playing around with the new DfA changes coming up in 6.1 I discovered that actually, for subtlety, DfA is already ahead of Shadow Reflection in single target.

I've updated the OP reflecting this. Things worth noting:

- Not a huge amount of optimisation is there yet, could well be more to find.
    - Stat weights are going to change in a significant way come 6.1 if the buff lasts, basically the BiS list will change.
    I'm not sure where you see DFA beeing currently better. Maybe discrepancy between release and source version?

Anyway I copied the profile from the OP, ran it in simc and then switched to SR and reran it and this is what I got:

SR: 46041 dps
    DFA: 45408 dps

On a sidenote: when I posted my latest optimizations last time, I forgot to fix the name of the profile and formatting =)

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    are there any lost autos / procs while weapons are being swapped? I remember this being the case in vanilla for some reason (maybe just senile).
    Yes. It resets swing timers when you swap weapons. That was not the case in Vanilla, and was added in the TBC/Wrath era, but don't recall the exact time.

Deleted
    Regarding combat 4piece bonus. Those 5cp. Can they add anticipation charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Scharin View Post
    Judging by the note at first post, that AoE sims runs with SR instead of DfA - so it's still better to use SR on say, tectus as sub - but DfA is better at singletarget? (even tho I dont feel particularly safe using it)
    I haven't looked into AoE yet, but I suspect for AoE DfA still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    I'm not sure where you see DFA beeing currently better. Maybe discrepancy between release and source version?

Anyway I copied the profile from the OP, ran it in simc and then switched to SR and reran it and this is what I got:

SR: 46041 dps
    DFA: 45408 dps

On a sidenote: when I posted my latest optimizations last time, I forgot to fix the name of the profile and formatting =)
    Indeed - but disable tier set bonuses and you'll find it goes ahead - I'm still not sure why, exactly, the sub tier sets put SR back ahead, but it looks like as soon as you acquire either T17 2pc or 4pc, you should be switching back.

I would hazard a guess that the increased synergy between SR and SD that comes from the tier sets is enough to swing it back in favour of SR.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-01-27 at 10:09 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would hazard a guess that the increased synergy between SR and SD that comes from the tier sets is enough to swing it back in favour of SR.
    That was my first guess as well, but you're not going to start dance with any more energy, and the 5 cp is going to come after SR is done copying.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    That was my first guess as well, but you're not going to start dance with any more energy, and the 5 cp is going to come after SR is done copying.
    I believe the bonus energy from activating SD is what's pushing it ahead, if you change the pooling around to effectively negate that bonus effect (pool to max before popping), DfA goes back ahead.
    I am the lucid dream

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I mean is that one should enter SR/dance with the same amount of energy regardless of set bonus. The only difference is that if you don't have the set bonus you have to pool first.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    What I mean is that one should enter SR/dance with the same amount of energy regardless of set bonus. The only difference is that if you don't have the set bonus you have to pool first.
    Well, the APL pools to 50 currently before entering dance so you go in with around 110 energy with set bonus 50 without.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see what you're saying, I'm an idiot. Yeah, then I'm lost as to why, perhaps an issue in the engine?

- - - Updated - - -

More DfA improvements added.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Well, the APL pools to 50 currently before entering dance so you go in with around 110 energy with set bonus 50 without.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see what you're saying, I'm an idiot. Yeah, then I'm lost as to why, perhaps an issue in the engine?

- - - Updated - - -

More DfA improvements added.
    I had trouble make it properly pool the way I wanted when I was optimizing the profile daily.

actions+=/pool_resource,for_next=1,extra_amount=50
    The extra amount is the amount of energy it is aiming for plus the cost of the next move. Since Dance is free it should aim for 50 energy before using dance.
    But what I found was it kinda never pooled to that amount. I had to also add an energy conditional to the dance line.

On topic: The Sub T set does have no effect whatsoever during dancing. That means the profile does not pool optimally without the T bonus.
    Edit: In my last post here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...for-WoD/page73

there is this line:
    Code:
    actions.generator=run_action_list,name=pool,if=buff.master_of_subtlety.down&buff.shadow_dance.down&debuff.find_weakness.down&(energy+50+cooldown.shadow_dance.remains*energy.regen<=energy.max|energy+15+cooldown.vanish.remains*energy.regen<=energy.max)
    I must admit it is easy to miss. I found it quite neat because it is the way the default profile handles pooling. I changed some values to accommodate for the Set bonus.
    What it basically does is doing nothing when energy is too low and Vanish or Dance are soon up. I tried adding a version which is used when T bonus is disabled but couldn't get it to work. You would have to remove the +50 in the equation.
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2015-01-27 at 09:49 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination APL changes:

Code:
    actions+=/preparation,if=!buff.vanish.up&cooldown.vanish.remains>50
    This makes it so that preparation actually is being used.

Code:
    actions+=/shadow_reflection,if=cooldown.vendetta.remains=0
    actions+=/vendetta,if=buff.shadow_reflection.up|!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled
    These two lines must be above crimson tempest for the cooldowns to be used during 5 target aoe.

I found that the preparation fix is a dps loss on 5 target aoe, which makes sense since you've got infinite energy anyway and it's only a wasted gcd.

I've adopted rogue as my main alt, so I'm now invested in their simc apls.

I'll be going through all of the APLs currently posted in the thread and adapting any gains into the default apl.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

When I copy+paste the sim profiles for each spec and run them myself, I'm getting numbers that are about 3k DPS higher than what's listed in the single-target graph. Did you use settings other than the defaults for this? I'm using version 603-24 which appears to be up-to-date. Thanks for all the effort put into this by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Riokou View Post
    When I copy+paste the sim profiles for each spec and run them myself, I'm getting numbers that are about 3k DPS higher than what's listed in the single-target graph. Did you use settings other than the defaults for this? I'm using version 603-24 which appears to be up-to-date. Thanks for all the effort put into this by the way.
    The results in this thread with set bonuses turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyarxadron View Post
    The results in this thread with set bonuses turned off.
    Thanks, that's what it was.

Any idea on how Stone of Fire will stack up against mythic highmaul and blackrock trinkets?

I'll add to the sims, got some changes coming in for sub right now, still working on them.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RasmusS View Post
    Regarding combat 4piece bonus. Those 5cp. Can they add anticipation charges?
    Anyone can enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsona View Post
    Played around with DfA a bit given the incoming 25% buff. Anticipation probably works a bit better with DfA to help ensure it's used as often as possible, for combat at least. Something like this before the generator call is a pretty significant bump:

(using talents=3000033)
    Code:
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=finisher,if=combo_points=5&dot.revealing_strike.ticking&talent.death_from_above.enabled&talent.anticipation.enabled

In fact this change makes using Anticipation/DfA pretty close to the standard MfD/Venom Rush build pre-buff. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I get about 30 dps difference. DfA accounts for roughly 950 dps of my 43k-ish total, so we're only looking at roughly a ~240 dps bump in mythic gear. This is single target, haven't thoroughly tested multiple targets yet - early findings are DfA pulls ahead with 2 targets but eventually is overtaken by venom rush.
    Ryme - have you tested this change for combat? Thoughts?

I'm sorry, I totally missed it - I'm still fiddling with subtlety right now, I'll try and get a look into it a bit later today.
    I am the lucid dream