Conquest gear requires Ashran rep

Now you need to be revered with Ashran factions to buy conquest gear. http://wod.wowhead.com/faction=1682 http://wod.wowhead.com/faction=1681

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Just guessing but maybe there are multiple PvP vendors, one using a currency of Ashran, the other conquest? It doesn't really make sense to me to put a rep requirement on something if that something isn't even needed to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a sneaky way for blizz to force people into Ashran. Though, I'm guessing Felfury hit it on the nose with there being more than 1 vendor.
    But still, if they do go ahead with the rep requirement that is pretty lowdowndirty of them...

Well, considering pve players had many non-competitive things to do in MoP (lesser charms, VP, reps), I'm not surprised they are adding some to pvp too.

Not speaking from a "fairness" (I don't care about that) standpoint, but from, if they thought it worked for pve in MoP, why not both pvp and pve in WoD?
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-10-02 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    I hope this is not true. I would hate to be forced once more to do shit i dont want to in order to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Now you need to be revered with Ashran factions to buy conquest gear. http://wod.wowhead.com/faction=1682 http://wod.wowhead.com/faction=1681

Thoughts?
    Those are for off-set items.

In addition to your 5 peice set, blizzard made a fistful of other non-set items that you can find on the l100 pvp test realm. This would be their new home come live.

see: http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82877

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Now you need to be revered with Ashran factions to buy conquest gear.
    Thoughts?
    Lol, so how exactly are full time pvp players supposed to get exalted?

Guessing there is an alternative, Blizzard isn't so stupid after so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, considering pve players had many non-competitive things to do in MoP (lesser charms, VP, reps), I'm not surprised they are adding some to pvp too.

Not speaking from a "fairness" (I don't care about that) standpoint, but from, if they thought it worked for pve in MoP, why not both pvp and pve in WoD?
    PvE players get loot and gold, etc, constantly. PvP players get nothing once fully geared. Anyway no need to worry about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhoss View Post
    Lol, so how exactly are full time pvp players supposed to get exalted?
    they pvp on the zone dedicated to pvp......

no issue, so they have a unique stat allocation trinkets from ashren. The normal conquest versions are still there.

but makes short burst cd specs and emfh troubling. (assuming they don't have shared cd with the other on use trinkets)

As people have stated, it's only for extra offpieces with different stat combos... but it is still beyond retarded to force people who have no interest in doing mind-boggling boring "world pvp" that is, by design, supposed to be imbalanced. I say forced, because there is surely going to be pieces on those vendors that certain classes/specs will prefer to have over their main conquest stuff - and that's the main thing, this will probably only affect certain specs that prioritize certain stats over others, so some people may just get lucky while others are forced doing something they have no interest in if they want to min-max and compete at 100%. Blizzard moved away from forcing arena players into doing non-arena activities if they didn't want to and now they're moving right back in that direction. Sigh.

Thankfully, it's not a lot of items, but this is worrying. I don't really want to do Ashran. It's not fun (I understand they want to make it fun, but it isn't), and after you do it a couple of times, you've seen it all.

Deleted
    So if i want to optimize my gear with the offpieces offered from rep-vendors ill be forced to do "world" pvp.

Fail before it has even gone live if thats the case.

Crap. At least weapons don't require rep.

I just hope Ashran is actually gonna be fun, and this isn't just some lame band aid to force people to do it. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    What a sneaky way for blizz to force people into Ashran. Though, I'm guessing Felfury hit it on the nose with there being more than 1 vendor.
    But still, if they do go ahead with the rep requirement that is pretty lowdowndirty of them...
    aww pvpers have to do more than just pvp to play now? poor poor you. i guess those pesky raiders who have to farm rep, farm gold, farm food, and farm potions and enchants have it easier than you pvpers who just pvp and buy enchants!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    aww pvpers have to do more than just pvp to play now? poor poor you. i guess those pesky raiders who have to farm rep, farm gold, farm food, and farm potions and enchants have it easier than you pvpers who just pvp and buy enchants!
    So, you're essentially going on about how pve'ers have to do pve in order to do pve?

Slightly confused as to who exactly "farms" food, potions, enchants and gold these days.

Deleted
    They are going to have a Rift Conquest scenario going on here, when players realize how underwhelming Ashran is they are going to be pissed when they are forced in to it to be competitive. i predict this will be made account bound or removed after a patch when the mass QQ comes.

If the rep grind isn't too bad it might not piss people off so much.

ITT: Complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Some of us are looking forward to all the world pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creamo42 View Post
    ITT: Complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Some of us are looking forward to all the world pvp.
    So... just because you like something that others doesnt. THEY are complaining for the sake of complaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    they pvp on the zone dedicated to pvp......
    Except, most of the Rep comes from Doing quests and stuff there not from the actual PvP event.