Getting a CPU upgrade. Anything I have to do or simply install and good?

Okay so I'm upgrading a computers CPU from a i3-2130 to a i5-3570K. (Not changing out Mobo so I'm just getting a better 1155 processor)

Now my question is, do I need to do anything after/before installing it? Uninstall any drivers, or completely redo windows since its a new CPU?

Currently everything is staying exactly the same. I'm just upgrading to a better CPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Okay so I'm upgrading a computers CPU from a i3-2130 to a i5-3570K. (Not changing out Mobo so I'm just getting a better 1155 processor)

Now my question is, do I need to do anything after/before installing it? Uninstall any drivers, or completely redo windows since its a new CPU?

Currently everything is staying exactly the same. I'm just upgrading to a better CPU.
    as long as the socket fits and u have enough power to use it and have the thermal compound properly applied it should do the rest automatically
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Okay cool.

yeah all of that is checked. I just never upgraded a CPU before. Only installed them with a fresh build. So was not sure how the OS would react to a sudden change in the processor.

Thanks

The power usage is not much different, I think you should be good to go.

You need to make sure your board has a BIOS update that supports Ivy Bridge, otherwise it's not going to work. You're also going to need thermal paste for the new chip.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    What actual board do you have? Because a 3570K May not be a huge upgrade if it doesnt support overclocking.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab