Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Not much you can do, and the things you can do have serious side effects (low cost-efficiency, reduction in quality of life of citizens, etc)

This is the reason why i don't get terror organizations, they could inflict so incredibly much more damage if they wanted to but for some reason they don't, and when they do they make a big show of it by blowing stuff up.

I mean imagine how much people would die if they for example poisoned a cities water supply instead of bombing something. I have no doubt they would have the means.
    I guess it depends. There is nothing stopping suicide bombers from causing chaos in our mass transportation systems. Subways, rail, buses can all be shut down and cause massive delays if we had a few coordinated suicide attacks. A truck bomb set off on the George Washington, Brooklyn or golden gate, bridge would snarl traffic for months or years. The high tension power lines criss-crossing our country are all vulnerable. With the current Ebola outbreak how easy is it get infected and travel across the world and infect hundreds, thousands? Especially coming into the flu and cold season in the US.

Deleted
    Oh yeah i forgot the power grid... that is relatively easy to overload and cause permanent damage too aswell. Probably the NR1 weakness of the developed world. Would leave half a continent without power for weeks/months and all it takes is taking over 1 power distribution facility (tho admittedly the timing window on a attack like this is very very tight, unless you do it trough hacking the physical hardware, which would take years)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-10-03 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Oh yeah i forgot the power grid... that is relatively easy to overload and cause permanent damage too aswell. Probably the NR1 weakness of the developed world. Would leave half a continent without power for weeks/months and all it takes is taking over 1 power distribution facility (tho admittedly the timing window on a attack like this is very very tight, unless you do it trough hacking the physical hardware, which would take years)

There are millions of miles of high tension wires across this country. Those huge towers carrying power are all subject to terrorism. The distribution stations are all subject to terrorism as well. A few bombs located in several distribution stations can cause blackouts for days, weeks or even months. All you need is a group of people across various places in the country all coordinated to attack high tension towers on the same day.