Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Very informative table! Thanks for putting in the work for us.

Looking at those 640 BoEs, I have a feeling their price will tank super fast on my high pop, given everything is BoE. Have enough gold that I'll probably buy it up for my alts

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Thanks I added the Conquest pvp gear as 660 ilvl for pve is good and capping conquest is not a bid deal
    BTW, I have found the third tier of PVP gear.

It's blue, like honor one, the ilvls are 600 (660 for PVP).

It's irrelevant for PVE, the ilvl is too low, but just for the sake of completeness...

Just as an FYI, I've put you down for saint-hood for putting this together. So when a group of papal investigators pulls up in front of your house and starts asking pointed questions, it'll be a good thing. Unlike last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathblood View Post
    Just as an FYI, I've put you down for saint-hood for putting this together. So when a group of papal investigators pulls up in front of your house and starts asking pointed questions, it'll be a good thing. Unlike last time.
    lol! do you think the nickname papajohn is random? btw glad you find it useful
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    Right, I'm a tad confused now. I was under the impression that HC Dungeon gear + crafted would be decent enough to start Heroic? Read it on manaflask a while back, but when I read the comments here, people first gonna do Normal to transition into Heroic later then as guild?

How are you as a guild going to progress? HC Dungeons -> Normal - > Heroic?
    you can but what the point?
    they don't have same drop lock so you can try to get some trinket and tier from it while farming HC(normal)

think of it same as flex

15+ Year Old Account
    wait, what? I thought, Heroic and Normal have the same drop lock, only mythic being "standalone" ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    wait, what? I thought, Heroic and Normal have the same drop lock, only mythic being "standalone" ??
    all 3 modes have separate lockouts.

BTW, some1 knows what's the ilvl of garrosh heirlooms at max level?

edit: it is 633 for all of them, nvm:P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    all 3 modes have separate lockouts.

BTW, some1 knows what's the ilvl of garrosh heirlooms at max level?

edit: it is 633 for all of them, nvm:P
    they all end up at 620 as of last build - replaced in heroic dungeons but good for leveling.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    695 - 630 = 65 = 10.3% increase.

516 - 463 = 53 = 11.4% increase.

Or if you don't count Protectors:

509 - 463 = 46 = 9.95% increase.

Just for reference. The numbers are meaningless without any stats attached to them.
    Yet another person who does not know how ilvl works...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZavBE View Post
    they all end up at 620 as of last build - replaced in heroic dungeons but good for leveling.
    my numbers where outdated then. Thanks for the info

Normal (today's flex) and heroic (today's normal) open the week before LFR and mythic. So I suspect any semiserious guild is going to clear both normal and heroic the week before mythic opens, probably both in one night. Possibly clear it multiple times to funnel gear. Then once mythic opens, they'll run normal/heroic clears during downtimes or as a stressbuster or to try out loopy strategies and compositions.

10+ Year Old Account
    For inscription, how will crafting a staff (655 after upgrades) compare to a darkmoon trinket? Which is more desirable currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    For inscription, how will crafting a staff (655 after upgrades) compare to a darkmoon trinket? Which is more desirable currently?
    Well, the first weapon craft is 630 ilvl which is what heroic dungeons drop. So in my opinion is not worth any money. Now if you take the route and update it 2 times (lots of days, cooldowns and savage blood) will be 655, same as the normal raid mode (current flex). Still I don't think it worth it. On the other hand, Darkmoon trinket will go up to 665 ilvl, which I think is very nice.

So, in my opinion, Darkmoon trinket is more valuable than the staff. Anyone who will raid at least highmaul normal will not need the staff. But in order to ignore the trinket, he need to get 2 trinket drops from heroic mode...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great! Thanks for answering, we won't be able to craft the trinket until after the raids open though, correct? Since Darkmoon Faire is only open at the beginning of the month and WoD is releasing in the middle of Nov, it really puts a damper on rushing the gates and getting the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    Great! Thanks for answering, we won't be able to craft the trinket until after the raids open though, correct? Since Darkmoon Faire is only open at the beginning of the month and WoD is releasing in the middle of Nov, it really puts a damper on rushing the gates and getting the trinket.
    Yeap, but once we craft it, the upgrades will not need Darkmoon fair though And since it will take a while until we have the materials to upgrade twice, I don't think that Darkmoon faire will take longer than that .

On the other hand, if you have an alt for farming in the open world and don't plan to raid with him at all, not even LFR(Blackrock when it will release), then the 655 weapon will be the best craft you can make for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZavBE View Post
    Currently in beta you can have up to 19 (IIRC) work orders queued up, each of which takes 3 hours to complete. That's for a level 3 profession building and the building gains more work orders as it levels. Level 1 is 7 work orders, 2 is probably 12/13 (don't have a level 2 building yet on beta).
    The yield varies, but it seems to be around 3 BoP profession items per work order, along with Apexis crystals and Sorcerous Water/Air/Earth depending on which profession.

So keeping your CD rolling and your profession building work orders rolling, you'll have enough mats to make a 640 ilvl item in 3/4 days depending on RNG.
    Did they change something? Currently it looks like you can only sequentially queue up each work order, that is you can only loot one work order every 4 hours and not all work orders. With this a higher maximum number of work orders is only good if you don't want to loot your work orders every day.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Yeap, but once we craft it, the upgrades will not need Darkmoon fair though And since it will take a while until we have the materials to upgrade twice, I don't think that Darkmoon faire will take longer than that .

On the other hand, if you have an alt for farming in the open world and don't plan to raid with him at all, not even LFR(Blackrock when it will release), then the 655 weapon will be the best craft you can make for him.
    So you're saying you dont think it's worth it to make a weapon at all on our mains? The ilvl is definitely lower, but having a flex weapon to start raiding could really help right? Is the ilvl difference just too important and we should go for armor/trinkets to full out gear we need?

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    So you're saying you dont think it's worth it to make a weapon at all on our mains? The ilvl is definitely lower, but having a flex weapon to start raiding could really help right? Is the ilvl difference just too important and we should go for armor/trinkets to full out gear we need?
    In order to upgrade your weapon to ilvl 655 (2 upgrades) you will need 30 Savage Blood and 450 bop materials depending on prof(truesteel ingot for BS for example). Only the 30 savage blood alone will need 30 days from the day that you will upgrade your Barn to level 3 (this may take a while too).

In conclusion, if you want to craft and upgrade the weapon alone, it will take you over a month to do it. Flex raid opens 2 weeks after launch I think. So you definitely cannot start raiding with a lvl 655 weapon, except if you spend thousands upon thousands of gold to buy the savage blood and sorcerous elementals early (the price will be ridiculous high at start). But, does it really worth to spend ridiculous amount of gold to get a flex ilvl weapon? It is your decision

On the other hand, as I said, you will need 2 trinkets to drop for you from heroic raid in order to replace the Darkmoon trinket, because the ilvl will be higher than flex. But you can replace the weapon with a single flex drop...

Is LFR gear now ilvl 655 (per front page: "New item level 655 Raid Finder sets have been added")?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Is LFR gear now ilvl 655 (per front page: "New item level 655 Raid Finder sets have been added")?
    I noticed that as well. I guess they changed ilvl distribution.