>Eh to me it just shows what teams have adequate backups at their other positions or not

You don't think it would make it a lot easier to be considered MVP if you had good backups? MVP is after all apparently voted on team success as much as individual no?

>I mean Mozgov, Draymond, Middleton and Kidd Gilchrist are all on there

Why is this a bad thing? Could it not be that this is attempting to cut through prejudice and preconceived notions?

>You gain no value sitting in my book.

Absence is as prescriptive as presence though context is important.

I suppose it would be easier in a sense, assuming you were still able to play high minutes over a good backup. And i didnt mean it as a bad thing, it was meant more as a slight validation that I dont think it exmplifies the MVP debate

I saw another stat that backsup what Ive thought about missing games. If Lebron played every game the rest of this season it would put him at 88% of all games played for the Cavaliers. Throughout NBA history only Bill Walton and AI will have played less games and won an MVP. If he misses any more it would likely put him even below AI. Shows how much being on the court matters to voters

Agreed but history doesn't necessarily mean new precedent can't be set. That said, I don't really know who is going to win.

That's true. You always see some stupid ass stat like "this is the highest FG % by a player in his 17th game of this 5th season EVER!" and it makes me hate sports. But, if a team is completely different without a star, how can you deny his impact? I mean, Cavs are 65-0 with LeBron and 0-17 without him!?! MVP!!!! At what point is it "too few" games?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Lebron has a teammate who can score 57 pts and single handedly carry his team to victory it has to hurt his most "valuable" player case.

Agree though Klay's put up 40+ three times one of which was 50+. If that's the going rate, Harden is most deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    When Lebron has a teammate who can score 57 pts and single handedly carry his team to victory it has to hurt his most "valuable" player case.
    I don't trust Kyrie at all. Never have. 57 is impressive. 10/10 and 7/7? Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Agreed but history doesn't necessarily mean new precedent can't be set. That said, I don't really know who is going to win.
    Only historical thing that will never change in NBA is that no one is coming back from being down 3-0.

Given enough time, some team will pull it off.

I doubt NBA is gonna be as popular as it is now with this huge ass increase in salary/TV deals. You can thank Lebron for leaving Cleveland and forming a super team and being wildly successful and in all the headlines for driving up NBA popularity. Everyone getting contracts next year should be sending Lebron a fucking edible arrangement.

You might say "lol blue there's been a super team every decade. Showtime lakers, MJ Bulls, Kobe Shaq Lakers, Lebron was just recent."

Yeah but in another 8 years computers are gonna take over the world and everyone is gonna be streaming, even if another super team emerges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah, just like Durant never should have won one, Curry shouldn't be in the running, Jordan never should have won one, Shaq never should have won any, right?

I hope you realize its a team game. Is it really a surprise to you that a couple times out of a >80 game season someone else is the "MVP of the night"?

With that attitude you might as well stop giving out the MVP, because sometimes, someone else has a big game!
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I doubt NBA is gonna be as popular as it is now with this huge ass increase in salary/TV deals. You can thank Lebron for leaving Cleveland and forming a super team and being wildly successful and in all the headlines for driving up NBA popularity. Everyone getting contracts next year should be sending Lebron a fucking edible arrangement.

You might say "lol blue there's been a super team every decade. Showtime lakers, MJ Bulls, Kobe Shaq Lakers, Lebron was just recent."

Yeah but in another 8 years computers are gonna take over the world and everyone is gonna be streaming, even if another super team emerges.
    I wouldn't call the MJ Bulls a superteam. Sure, Pippin was a very good player, but not up to the level of being part of a "big 3". And Rodman was just a defender/rebounder who scored a handful of points. He was a glorified roleplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    I wouldn't call the MJ Bulls a superteam. Sure, Pippin was a very good player, but not up to the level of being part of a "big 3". And Rodman was just a defender/rebounder who scored a handful of points. He was a glorified roleplayer.
    Wow. Someone finally agreed with me on that, feels nice. Rodman may likely be the worst player in the HOF, I was disgusted when he got in. And Im a lifetime Bulls fan. He was not that good. Neither was Pippen, but Pippen was at least a legit allstar unlike dennis

If you told me I could have Rodman or Ben Wallace in their prime Id take Ben every time. And he isnt HOF either
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2015-03-14 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scottie Pippen is a hall of famer and a 6 time world champion, and one of the top 50 players of all time. Not up to the level of being part of a "big 3"? Really? People froget things fast or they were too young to watch.

The dynasty Bulls were a superteam, just not one the players conspired to form. I think that's the distinction, when players conspire to form a team , I think it turns the fanbase off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I think it turns the fanbase off a bit.
    Tell dat to Miami fairweather lifetime fans.

2010 NBA season: King James is taking his talent to South Beach! Omg that mother fucking villain, let's wish him badly and scrutinize the fuck out of this time.
    2011 NBA season: Collective bargaining agreement shortened games. Omg young ass OKC is in Finals! Drafting does work for small markets! But that n_gga Lebron be HUNGRY FOR THAT RING. NO ONE GONNA STOP HIM THIS SEASON.
    2012 NBA season: Celeeeeeeeeeebrate good times, come on~ Miami! Let's get that 27 game win streak! 66 wins! Omg history. Omg did you see Ray Allen's legendary 3 pointer?! 3 finals in a row, 2 rings for king james!
    2013 NBA season: Omg back to finals. Omg damn Wade and his knees, but our hero Lebron can still carry the team! Erik Spo should be in hall of fame by now. Omg finals rematch of last year. And King James is leaving that team? Wowz! We knew he'd go back home.

Honestly this season is tame. I mean, the basketball is super competitive and good, but there's not one marquee name. Cleveland isn't doing well enough to appease the expectations everyone places on Lebron. GSW is good, but like. So is the rest of the West so...

No way media can follow one team like they did with Miami and place them on a golden throne.

Quite interesting.

They've been doing that for the Warriors quite a bit. Media is desperate to crown a team.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many teams made it to the NBA finals from the 8th seed? NBA never fails to deliver.
    You cared enough to post.

Omg I'm watching this Chiago OKC game (ABC Sunday day games are the best) and someone needs to give this guy MVP. Seriously Westbrook is fucking amazing. I don't think he'll do well when he ages and loses athleticism but right now this guy is fucking great.

- - - Updated - - -

That Mirotic guy should be rookie of the year.

If MVP was just about who was the best player on the floor when healthy you could easily say Westbrook and Davis should be 1 and 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Omg I'm watching this Chiago OKC game (ABC Sunday day games are the best) and someone needs to give this guy MVP. Seriously Westbrook is fucking amazing. I don't think he'll do well when he ages and loses athleticism but right now this guy is fucking great.

- - - Updated - - -

That Mirotic guy should be rookie of the year.
    Mirotic for roy? I guess you could argue that, if your qualifer was "Best rookie on a playoff team in the bad conference" 9 pts/5 rebounds for your rookie of the year that was drafted in 2011? Or are you just using the latter part of the season after injuries to decide who gets awards? Because in that case, it pretty much has to be Westbrook because hes carrying the thunder without durant now :P

If anyone but wiggins wins the ROY, it would have to be Nerlens Noel!

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ne...e-of-the-year/

"Since the All-Star break, Noel has averaged 11.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, and 2.8 steals a night."

Pretty solid. And rookie of the year is not something you can really judge team record off of, as the top rookies are almost assured to be on shitty teams :P

But Wiggins will win it, just so he has a feather in his hat when he leaves minnesota in four years.
    You're a towel.