Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Wait what?
    yeah seems an odd statement considering the result last night

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Fuck I was too tired to watch the game last night. I went to bed.

I did see Dwight and Deandre exchange blocks. Best position matchup all playoffs long?
    Kyrie and Rose is far more entertaining.

But I didn't see that game and I have class tonight and a final tomorrow night too. :/

I wonder how often Kyrie has the ball and how much Lebron is playing point forward. I wonder if they moved him up to power forward position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    But I didn't see that game and I have class tonight and a final tomorrow night too. :/

I wonder how often Kyrie has the ball and how much Lebron is playing point forward. I wonder if they moved him up to power forward position.
    From what I can recall, which admittedly isn't much, LBJ was playing the 4 last night for parts of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

No Wall, this is gonna be interesting.
    Ohio State Buckeye

I watched a little of the game on my phone on the train ride home.

Wizards look so energetic and kind of lucky that Atlanta looks like the underdog.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah John Wall not playing was a big surprise. Hopefully for Wiz fans they were just extra cautious because they already won 1 in Atl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    1 assist away from a triple double. Let's not forget 2 of their starting 5 are out either, they're gonna have to adjust to that.
    Triple doubles are probably the most overrated stat in the game. Yeah it is a good thing to have at least ten of each, but would you rather have 45-8-8 or 18-11-10?
    But which one gets counted as its own stat?
    You're a towel.

Warriors were like 42-2 this season and undefeated since Bulls in January at their home court until last night when Mike Conley laid them out.

Wait what?
    lol In reference to the bulls having beat Bron Bron twice in game 1, only to lose both series. Winning game one is like the kiss of death.

And shit, Wiz without John Wall... however, just had to steal one on the road, all you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    would you rather have 45-8-8 or 18-11-10?
    Depends on if my team won or not. Of if they Ricky Davis'd it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I separate out points scored and triple doubles. Triple doubles are impressive because it shows how involved a player is in every aspect of the game. It's always impressive for a big guy to rack up 10 assists as well as a little guy to rack up 10 rebounds. Though admittedly both of those stats have a good deal of luck involved. Assists rely on someone else to make the basket and rebounds can bounce in any direction, possibly right to the guard in question.

And if a rebound doesn't bounce your way you dislocate a guy's shoulder so he can't get it. amidointhisright?

Idk if I already bitched about it but I have a Final tonight and can't really watch the game. Wtf I wanna see it.

I separate out points scored and triple doubles. Triple doubles are impressive because it shows how involved a player is in every aspect of the game. It's always impressive for a big guy to rack up 10 assists as well as a little guy to rack up 10 rebounds. Though admittedly both of those stats have a good deal of luck involved. Assists rely on someone else to make the basket and rebounds can bounce in any direction, possibly right to the guard in question.
    Only someone with no knowledge of basketball would believe that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Only someone with no knowledge of basketball would believe that.
    Excuse me? I wasn't aware that rebounds always bounce to exact same spot. Please enlighten us as to this magic spot where one can go to gobble up 30+ rebounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rose going to have to do better than this for the Bulls to win.

The "rose+short rest=awful" stat could come into play majorly in this series.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked clippers in six, wish I picked them in five.

So much for "Chris Paul is super important" though...if I would have known he wouldn't be playing I would have probably picked the rockets..turns out the clippers are doing better without him thus far!

Small sample size, yadda yadda. Can't use Rusty/rest vs. fresh battle/tired for this one.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but it has only been 2 matches.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but it has only been 2 matches.
    I said small sample size. But consider this: They had paul in the first round, against a lower seeded team and struggled.

They don't have paul now, against a higher team, and are coasting (Thus far).

The evidence is on my side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Ewing theory! For a game or two teams can step up and play well, but in how you think this proves that Paul is nto great or not important is beyond me. They cant win a title without him that's for sure/
    I never said chris paul is not a great point guard. Just saying, hes not the be all end all everyone makes him out to be.

Probably top 8 or so PG all time. Nowhere near one or two like people make him out to be.

Pure PG is a dying position for a reason. Yeah he can score (Some games) but at his best he is dealing like the purest of the pure.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I said small sample size. But consider this: They had paul in the first round, against a lower seeded team and struggled.

They don't have paul now, against a higher team, and are coasting (Thus far).
    Be honest, do you really rate the Rockets over the Spurs?
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Be honest, do you really rate the Rockets over the Spurs?
    The rockets handily dispatched their opponent in the first round. To be honest? no, I think the spurs are a better team then the rockets. But without a "Top five in the nba" player you would think the clippers would still have...some issues at least? Nah?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually feeling REALLY good about all my picks so far, though I wish I had the clippers in less games than six at this point

Atlanta in seven might be rough to, both for the winner and the length. Guess we'll see.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like the Rockets are a waste of time. No effort...
    Ohio State Buckeye