Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Love is signing with the Cavs for 5 years.

Also, looks like Tristan Thompson is signing for 5 years / 80M.
    100% shocked that both of those happened. I could have seen one of them signing, but not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Maybe my math is off here but between the Love, Thompson, Shumpert and pending LeBron deals, new tax penalties and repeater tax... are the Cavs going to pay like $250 million two seasons from now?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Maybe my math is off here but between the Love, Thompson, Shumpert and pending LeBron deals, new tax penalties and repeater tax... are the Cavs going to pay like $250 million two seasons from now?
    Well it's hard to calculate, sometimes when they say 5 years for $110MM, it's actually $110MM over 5 years, or $22MM per year. Other times, like in Anthony Davis' case, they said 5 years $143MM, but in reality he signed a max deal. The $143MM could end up being more or less, but he will earn 25% of the cap unless he is named to start in the All-Star game or the All NBA team or he wins MVP, then he'll get 30%. By being in the league for 7 years now, Love is eligible for the 30% max contract, but there is no way that $22MM per year will be 30% of the cap come next year, so he actually took a nice discount. After next year, lets say the cap is $100MM - you will have Lebron making his 35% max, Kyrie 25% max, Love at 22%, Thompson at 16%, and Shumpert at 10%. That's 108% so they are already over the cap with those 5 players.

Now we don't know what the luxury tax threshold will be, remember you only have to pay luxury tax if you go over the tax threshold, not simply for going over the cap. In 2013-14 the cap was $58.7MM with a tax threshold of $71.7MM, or in other words, the tax threshold was 22% higher than the salary cap. I have no idea what percent of the cap the vet minimum will be, but if the minimum is only 1-2% of the cap then they would be appear to have enough to stay under or at least not go ridiculously over the cap.

My math could be very wrong though, and everything gets tighter if the cap doesn't get as high as $100MM because then Love's, TT's, and Shump's contracts which are not % based become a higher percentage of the team's cap.

- - - Updated - - -

The above post is way wrong. Kyrie's 25% will be based off this year's cap number and then gradually increase from there, so he will actually be making less than Love.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when lebron james resigns with the cavaliers can we just cancel the eastern conference to save Lord Lebron's legs/fatigue and just give them the eastern conference title?

We all know its a forgone conclusion lol.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So when lebron james resigns with the cavaliers can we just cancel the eastern conference to save Lord Lebron's legs/fatigue and just give them the eastern conference title?

Im waiting for wade to sign with Cleveland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    as a 6th man?
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'd platoon with Shump

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The above post is way wrong. Kyrie's 25% will be based off this year's cap number and then gradually increase from there, so he will actually be making less than Love.
    I'm pretty sure all deals have to be based on this year's cap number, unless it's specifically negotiated not to, which is why a lot of guys have been looking for that one-year contract to get by until the cap balloons.

If Love's deal is just a straight $22M a year, it will be a sweetheart deal when the cap blossoms. Tristan Thompson's deal is a bit high right now, but looks great down the road.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

15+ Year Old Account
    And Hawks just lost Carroll to Toronto and possibly Millsap to Orlando... They could be hurting
    Thankfully they hung on to Millsap. There was no way they were going to afford both anyway. I love Carroll, but I think the Raptors might have overpaid for him. That seems to be the theme for this offseason.

100% shocked that both of those happened. I could have seen one of them signing, but not both.
    Same. I figured they'd sign Thompson, but for about half what they paid him.

You're like a broken record with your obsession about the weak East. You could save time by just putting "The Eastern Conference Sucks" in your signature, rather than making a new post about it every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    Thankfully they hung on to Millsap. There was no way they were going to afford both anyway. I love Carroll, but I think the Raptors might have overpaid for him. That seems to be the theme for this offseason.

Same. I figured they'd sign Thompson, but for about half what they paid him.

You're like a broken record with your obsession about the weak East. You could save time by just putting "The Eastern Conference Sucks" in your signature, rather than making a new post about it every day.

So what team do you think stands any realistic chance of beating the cavs from the east? Not my fault that lebron James on a team =the east title

- - - Updated - - -

The only team that gave them any "trouble" we're the Bulls, and the cavs beat the. With kyrie at 30% and no Kevin love...
    You're a towel.

Let's see. I expect Cleveland to do okay. Maybe even get 56 wins.

I think if Indiana makes some moves and PG doesn't play summer Olympics again that they could be decent or maybe even good.

Idk. Chicago guys are complaining that Bulls resigned the same guys. I'll have to see who the coach is but even while they could be good idk if it's all gonna come together for them, realistically.

Atlanta could make some changes and do well again. As good as last season? That was prob their cap lol but maybe they'll do worse in regular season but be better suited for playoffs.

Knicks are clearly gonna be NBA champions. Phil Jackson is gonna make Jeanie Bus miss him too much and she's gonna force Lakers into bankruptcy to be with him in NY and and Lakers assets will transfer over to Knicks in the merge. So then LAC can be the team for LA and then LA can use the money to buy a football team.

Nets are gonna sit on their hands and wait for contracts to expire.

Am I missing anyone important? Oh yeah and Miami is gonna suck and Pat Riley is gonna be like "hmmmm I was touted as a genius mastermind, but the whole plan was to get the best player on the planet to be on my team. Now what? I actually have to build a balanced team myself? Wade do you have any frie-" *Note on Pat Riley's door* "Dear Pat. Working with you had been gr8. If it wasn't for you I don't think I could have shot as many free throws as I did. But now that Lebron came over to my crib for a bit I'm gonna go chill with him in Cleveland. Keep it real -Wade"

15+ Year Old Account
    So what team do you think stands any realistic chance of beating the cavs from the east? Not my fault that lebron James on a team =the east title

- - - Updated - - -

The only team that gave them any "trouble" we're the Bulls, and the cavs beat the. With kyrie at 30% and no Kevin love...
    Well, the season's a long way from starting, so obviously a lot could change. You mentioned the Bulls. The Bucks are looking better and better as the day goes on. Toronto has gotten better, as have the Wizards. All of these teams could present a challenge to the Cavs.

But to your point: Right now. On this day, you put Lebron on nearly any team in the West, I promise you that team goes to the finals. He IS that good. Plus, while this year was obviously a case of Lebron carrying a team, you could argue that the prior 4 years he's been on the most talented team in the league. They weren't just Lebron and a bunch of bums. They were everyone's favorite every year.

Of course the East is the weaker conference. I just think you exaggerate it greatly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    He'd platoon with Shump

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure all deals have to be based on this year's cap number, unless it's specifically negotiated not to, which is why a lot of guys have been looking for that one-year contract to get by until the cap balloons.

If Love's deal is just a straight $22M a year, it will be a sweetheart deal when the cap blossoms. Tristan Thompson's deal is a bit high right now, but looks great down the road.
    Well like AD's deal is an extension that starts in the 2016-17 season, they just projected what the cap would be for that year when the said $143MM, could en up being more or less.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think it's fair to mention the Cavs injuries and not the Bulls injuries. That series has really no baring on a future series with a healthy Pau, Noah, Love, and Kyrie (It's possible Taj was far less than 100% too considering he just had surgery), the Cavs might have less trouble or maybe not who knows. Plus the Bulls have a new coach so you would think their entire philosophy will change, should look a lot different on offense especially since that's Hoiberg's forte. Bulls, Heat, and Pacers in that order is who I think are the biggest non-Cavs contenders in the East.

Wade agrees to one year deal with Heat. I wanted drama. :/

YEAH CHIQQAS

Ellis to Indiana, Monroe to the Bucks, Morris/Bullock/Granger to Detroit, and LMA told the Knicks to fuck off once it became apparent they wanted him to play the 5. LEL

And of course Carroll to the Raps. Too bad LMA won't take us seriously even if he was impressed with our presentation.
    Last edited by jreg; 2015-07-03 at 02:37 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck cap clearing move for Phoenix, could they really be in play for LMA?

LMA didn't like the lack of basketball in the Lakers presentation. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting paid $20 mil for ONE year lol!

- - - Updated - - -

YEAH CHIQQAS

Ellis to Indiana, Monroe to the Bucks, Morris/Bullock/Granger to Detroit, and LMA told the Knicks to fuck off once it became apparent they wanted him to play the 5. LEL

And of course Carroll to the Raps. Too bad LMA won't take us seriously even if he was impressed with our presentation.
    Milwaukee is going to be really really intriguing next year, with Monroe in the mix along with getting Parker back.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the season's a long way from starting, so obviously a lot could change. You mentioned the Bulls. The Bucks are looking better and better as the day goes on. Toronto has gotten better, as have the Wizards. All of these teams could present a challenge to the Cavs.

But to your point: Right now. On this day, you put Lebron on nearly any team in the West, I promise you that team goes to the finals. He IS that good. Plus, while this year was obviously a case of Lebron carrying a team, you could argue that the prior 4 years he's been on the most talented team in the league. They weren't just Lebron and a bunch of bums. They were everyone's favorite every year.

Of course the East is the weaker conference. I just think you exaggerate it greatly.
    "The bucks are looking better"? Who cares, they are nowhere in the cavaliers league lol.

It's not exaggerated, non Playoff teams in the west would have been top three seeds in the east. That is flat embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well like AD's deal is an extension that starts in the 2016-17 season, they just projected what the cap would be for that year when the said $143MM, could en up being more or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think it's fair to mention the Cavs injuries and not the Bulls injuries. That series has really no baring on a future series with a healthy Pau, Noah, Love, and Kyrie (It's possible Taj was far less than 100% too considering he just had surgery), the Cavs might have less trouble or maybe not who knows. Plus the Bulls have a new coach so you would think their entire philosophy will change, should look a lot different on offense especially since that's Hoiberg's forte. Bulls, Heat, and Pacers in that order is who I think are the biggest non-Cavs contenders in the East.

I've already mentioned that in the past though and you conpletely discounted the cavs injuries saying they had lucky shots to wiN Games... Yeah, except it's not luck when it's the best player in the game shooting it. The Bulls had no chance, as I said before the series. The east is lebrons.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    "The bucks are looking better"? Who cares, they are nowhere in the cavaliers league lol.

It's not exaggerated, non Playoff teams in the west would have been top three seeds in the east. That is flat embarrassing.
    LOL. Right, that's not an exaggeration. I guess it's a completely true statement because....you said it?

I hope you're just trying to be extreme for effect. Seriously. Because that statement is just plain moronic.
    Last edited by Knyx; 2015-07-03 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMA didn't like the lack of basketball in the Lakers presentation. I wonder why.
    Hey they have like Disney land super close by that is much more important than basketball to a basketball player!!!

I liked the angle I heard on tv of why they brought Kobe with them. "Hey even when you are old if you are loyal we pay you say to much!!"

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Right, that's not an exaggeration. I guess it's a completely true statement because....you said it?

I hope you're just trying to be extreme for effect. Seriously. Because that statement is just plain moronic.
    Which part is extreme? The bucks not being in the cavaliers league? They aren't, right now.

The Mavericks, basically a joke playoff team with no chance in the west, would have easily gotten to at least th second round, and depending on who they played, very possibly the ecf.
    You're a towel.